One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
(a) He was drunk and brooding.
(b) He was nervous.
(c) He was angry and loud.
(d) He was triumphant that he got away with breaking the rules.
2. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He thought it was wise.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He was was very angry and hurt.
(d) He thought it was natural in their situation.
3. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) The previous war
(b) How much he liked the villagers
(c) Old Germany
(d) The eagles and the nest
4. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He wanted to protect her.
(b) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(c) He knew she needed health care.
(d) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
5. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
(a) He offers to put Jo in contact with his father.
(b) He offers to watch the sheep for Jo.
(c) He offers to help Jo with his homework.
(d) He offers to help carry the food to Widow Horcada.
Short Answer Questions
1. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
2. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
3. What was a sign of spring in the village?
4. Who comes back to visit the man?
5. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)