1. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He played the organ in church
(b) He worked at the store.
(c) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(d) He was watching the sheep.
2. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(a) The pastor.
3. What was the name of his village?
4. How old was Jo when the book began?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He had six fingers on each hand.
(b) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(c) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(d) He was brilliant.
6. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(b) One of the sheep was drowning.
(c) Strangers were coming near the field.
(d) The sheep were all wandering off.
7. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
(a) He ran for help.
(b) He jumped into the water.
(c) He grabbed his gun.
(d) He started chasing after the animals.
This section contains 4,939 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)