1. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He worked at the store.
(b) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(c) He played the organ in church
(d) He was watching the sheep.
2. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(b) The pastor.
3. What was the name of his village?
4. How old was Jo when the book began?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was brilliant.
(b) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(c) He had six fingers on each hand.
(d) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
6. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) The sheep were all wandering off.
(b) One of the sheep was drowning.
(c) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(d) Strangers were coming near the field.
7. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
(a) He grabbed his gun.
(b) He ran for help.
(c) He started chasing after the animals.
(d) He jumped into the water.
This section contains 4,939 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)