* Jo falls asleep watching the sheep.
* The dog barks when a bear shows up.
* Jo runs for help.
* The village men kill the bear.
* Jo goes to find his dog.
* He finds his dog, a bear cub, and a strange man.
* The man says to pretend they never met.
* Jo follows the man to Madame Horcada's farm.
* Jo is surprised anyone lives with her since she is scary.
* Weeks later, Jo goes back to the farm to check on the bear cub.
* He discovers a girl hiding at the farm.
* Benjamin finds him at the farm.
* Benjamin and Madame Horcada question Jo.
* Benjamin explains that he is Jewish.
* Benjamin says that he and his daughter were separated.
* He waits at the farm for his daughter.
* Jo finds out that German soldiers are moving into the village.
* He finds out that anyone helping Jews will be...
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)