• Jo falls asleep watching the sheep.
• The dog barks when a bear shows up.
• Jo runs for help.
• The village men kill the bear.
• Jo goes to find his dog.
• He finds his dog, a bear cub, and a strange man.
• The man says to pretend they never met.
• Jo follows the man to Madame Horcada's farm.
• Jo is surprised anyone lives with her since she is scary.
• Weeks later, Jo goes back to the farm to check on the bear cub.
• He discovers a girl hiding at the farm.
• Benjamin finds him at the farm.
• Benjamin and Madame Horcada question Jo.
• Benjamin explains that he is Jewish.
• Benjamin says that he and his daughter were separated.
• He waits at the farm for his daughter.
• Jo finds out that German soldiers are moving into the village.
• He finds out that anyone helping Jews will be...
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)