|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are buyers looking?
2. The lawlessness and danger of the Highlands convinced Hogg to do what?
3. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
4. People came from all over the colonies to settle in West Florida, particularly from what region?
5. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
Demand for labor is high in the colonies.
Part 1) Why was it high? How did this affect Great Britain?
Part 2) How is this related to Great Britain fear of expansion in the colonies?
Part 3) How does this need affect both those in Great Britain and in the United States? How does it affect the way in which the colonies are settled? How does this compare to supply and demand today?
Essay Topic 2
The British see emigration as a problem.
Part 1) What is emigration? How is it a problem for the British?
Part 2) What does this problem reveal about the British?
Part 3) Is emigration still a problem for some countries? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Registry is both faulty and useful.
Part 1) How is it faulty? How is it useful?
Part 2) Why is the information from the Registry important?
Part 3) How is this registry and this study on emigration important? How does it impact us today?
This section contains 1,354 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)