|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
2. Where are the servants and convicts brought to be inspected by potential buyers?
3. To find the types of workers that were needed, merchants and their agents relied on public notifications. What are important focuses of these notifications?
4. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida?
5. When do the first of these offices appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
2. What takes place in the early 1760s?
3. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
4. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
5. What efforts have been made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of Florida and the gulf and river shores of Mississippi and Alabama?
6. What is the importance of New York during this time?
7. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
8. How were these new lands divided?
9. What does the author say about Nova Scotia in the period before the American Revolution?
10. How else do merchants recruit workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some grantees have problems when the American Revolution begins.
Part 1) What is a grantee? Why would the American Revolution cause problems?
Part 2) How were the other settlers affected by the American Revolution?
Part 3) Does the information in this book give any insight into causes and consequences of the American Revolution? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
London becomes a magnet for those seeking work and those seeking workers.
Part 1) London became a magnet fro those seeking work and those seeking workers?
Part 2) What connection does this supply and demand create between London and the colonies?
Part 3) How does this urban metropolis affect those in the Americas?
Essay Topic 3
Workers face hardships during the emigration process.
Part 1) What hardships did they face? Why?
Part 2) How were they affected by the hardships? Does this affect the number of people emigrating? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why might someone continue through this tough emigration process? Why kept them from giving up? What does this say about those who immigrated to the Americas?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)