Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
2. What is surprising about the expeditions previously mentioned?
3. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
4. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
5. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
Essay Topic 1
Indentured servants are often bought and sold once they reach the colonies.
Part 1) Why did this purchase happen here? Why was it not done earlier?
Part 2) How might this have affected both the servants and the sellers? Why?
Part 3) Why would someone become an indentured servant? Would you become one?
Essay Topic 2
Many people involved in the expansion of the colonies suffer hardships.
Part 1) What hardships do they suffer? Why do they suffer these hardships?
Part 2) Do they realize the risks they undertake? Why or why not?
Part 3) What type of person must one be to be settler? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The British see emigration as a problem.
Part 1) What is emigration? How is it a problem for the British?
Part 2) What does this problem reveal about the British?
Part 3) Is emigration still a problem for some countries? Why or why not?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)