|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
2. What is surprising about the expeditions previously mentioned?
3. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
4. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
5. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
Essay Topic 1
Patterns can be seen in the immigration to the colonies.
Part 1) What patterns can be seen?
Part 2) Why is the study of these patterns important? For what is it useful?
Part 3) How do these patterns affect us today?
Essay Topic 2
The situation in New York is similar in many ways to the events in other colonies.
Part 1) Describe the situation in New York. How is it like the situations in other colonies?
Part 2) Why do these similarities between the colonies exist?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this chapter? What is the significance of ending the book with this chapter?
Essay Topic 3
London becomes a magnet for those seeking work and those seeking workers.
Part 1) London became a magnet fro those seeking work and those seeking workers?
Part 2) What connection does this supply and demand create between London and the colonies?
Part 3) How does this urban metropolis affect those in the Americas?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)