|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When these recruiters confronted the victims about their debt, what choices are they given?
2. What land is the most attractive in Nova Scotia?
3. Where do these first settlers go?
4. Efforts are being made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of what states?
5. Archibald Menzies decides that he had found the perfect race of people to populate Florida. What race is this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Florida and other southern states are part of East and West Florida.
Part 1) What information does the author give about East and West Florida?
Part 2) What is significant about this information? How does the settlement of one affect the settlement of the other?
Part 3) Why is one region better than the other? Why is it easier to settle?
Part 4) What is learned about the importance of experience and working with others in this section about East and West Florida?
Essay Topic 2
Many immigrants see the colonies as a place of opportunity.
Part 1) How do they come to this view of the colonies?
Part 2) Is this an accurate view? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this optimistic view of the colonies affect the beliefs of Americans and those who immigrate here today?
Essay Topic 3
Indentured servants are often bought and sold once they reach the colonies.
Part 1) Why did this purchase happen here? Why was it not done earlier?
Part 2) How might this have affected both the servants and the sellers? Why?
Part 3) Why would someone become an indentured servant? Would you become one?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)