|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the years in question, how many huge areas of land were claimed by the colony of New York and were opened to settlement?
2. While Inglis was preparing the vessel and ordering supplies, Hogg was busy doing what?
3. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
4. Where do these first settlers go?
5. From where is James Hogg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida? Is this good? Why or why not?
2. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
3. What takes place in the early 1760s?
4. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
5. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
6. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
7. How are indentured servants often sold?
8. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
9. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
10. Why is the location of a servant sale important to buyers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many immigrants see the colonies as a place of opportunity.
Part 1) How do they come to this view of the colonies?
Part 2) Is this an accurate view? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this optimistic view of the colonies affect the beliefs of Americans and those who immigrate here today?
Essay Topic 2
Workers face hardships during the emigration process.
Part 1) What hardships did they face? Why?
Part 2) How were they affected by the hardships? Does this affect the number of people emigrating? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why might someone continue through this tough emigration process? Why kept them from giving up? What does this say about those who immigrated to the Americas?
Essay Topic 3
Many changes occur prior to the Revolution in the American colonies.
Part 1) What are two of these changes? Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is significant about these changes?
Part 3) How are these changes reflected in our world today?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)