|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1772, what does De Brahm present to the King?
2. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
3. What made this form of payment difficult?
4. Maps were needed for the new territory. Who is appointed in the north?
5. What do buyers also have to consider when making a purchase?
Essay Topic 1
Patterns can be seen in the immigration to the colonies.
Part 1) What patterns can be seen?
Part 2) Why is the study of these patterns important? For what is it useful?
Part 3) How do these patterns affect us today?
Essay Topic 2
Florida and other southern states are part of East and West Florida.
Part 1) What information does the author give about East and West Florida?
Part 2) What is significant about this information? How does the settlement of one affect the settlement of the other?
Part 3) Why is one region better than the other? Why is it easier to settle?
Part 4) What is learned about the importance of experience and working with others in this section about East and West Florida?
Essay Topic 3
Indentured servants are often bought and sold once they reach the colonies.
Part 1) Why did this purchase happen here? Why was it not done earlier?
Part 2) How might this have affected both the servants and the sellers? Why?
Part 3) Why would someone become an indentured servant? Would you become one?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)