|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
2. When is there a wild land boom in Nova Scotia?
3. During the years in question, how many huge areas of land were claimed by the colony of New York and were opened to settlement?
4. 16 of these ships came from England and how many came from Scotland?
5. What does the Register also record?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of New York during this time?
2. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
3. What takes place in the early 1760s?
4. How else do merchants recruit workers?
5. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
6. Why is a network formed between those in Great Britain and those in the American colonies?
7. When did the first settler begin arriving in the new British territory? What information does the author give about this?
8. What does the author say about East Florida?
9. How are servants paid?
10. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The British see emigration as a problem.
Part 1) What is emigration? How is it a problem for the British?
Part 2) What does this problem reveal about the British?
Part 3) Is emigration still a problem for some countries? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many people involved in the expansion of the colonies suffer hardships.
Part 1) What hardships do they suffer? Why do they suffer these hardships?
Part 2) Do they realize the risks they undertake? Why or why not?
Part 3) What type of person must one be to be settler? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Registry is both faulty and useful.
Part 1) How is it faulty? How is it useful?
Part 2) Why is the information from the Registry important?
Part 3) How is this registry and this study on emigration important? How does it impact us today?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)