|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning point for this migration was where?
2. Besides not making money quickly, why else does a seller not want the "goods" to remain in his care?
3. What made this form of payment difficult?
4. Who are the first to inspect the province of West Florida?
5. In 1772, what does De Brahm present to the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
2. When did the first settler begin arriving in the new British territory? What information does the author give about this?
3. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
4. How are indentured servants often sold?
5. Why is the location of a servant sale important to buyers?
6. What does the author say about East Florida?
7. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
8. How were these new lands divided?
9. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
10. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Registry is both faulty and useful.
Part 1) How is it faulty? How is it useful?
Part 2) Why is the information from the Registry important?
Part 3) How is this registry and this study on emigration important? How does it impact us today?
Essay Topic 2
Several possible solutions are considered for the emigration problem.
Part 1) What are these solutions? What are the pros and cons of each?
Part 2) Which solution is chosen? How successful is it?
Part 3) How does this solution affect Great Britain, the United States and Canada today?
Essay Topic 3
The situation in New York is similar in many ways to the events in other colonies.
Part 1) Describe the situation in New York. How is it like the situations in other colonies?
Part 2) Why do these similarities between the colonies exist?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this chapter? What is the significance of ending the book with this chapter?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)