|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
2. When these recruiters confronted the victims about their debt, what choices are they given?
3. While Inglis was preparing the vessel and ordering supplies, Hogg was busy doing what?
4. Maps were needed for the new territory. Who is appointed in the north?
5. Where is a new British naval base and provincial capital built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
2. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for North Carolina?
3. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
4. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
5. How were these new lands divided?
6. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
7. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
8. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
9. What takes place in the early 1760s?
10. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bailyn discusses Nova Scotia.
Part 1) What does he say about Nova Scotia? Why does she discuss Nova Scotia?
Part 2) How does Nova Scotia compare to other colonies?
Part 3) What is significant about the information Bailyn provides about Nova Scotia? How is Nova Scotia today affected by emigration over 200 years ago?
Essay Topic 2
Many people involved in the expansion of the colonies suffer hardships.
Part 1) What hardships do they suffer? Why do they suffer these hardships?
Part 2) Do they realize the risks they undertake? Why or why not?
Part 3) What type of person must one be to be settler? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Registry is both faulty and useful.
Part 1) How is it faulty? How is it useful?
Part 2) Why is the information from the Registry important?
Part 3) How is this registry and this study on emigration important? How does it impact us today?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)