|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Archibald Menzies decides that he had found the perfect race of people to populate Florida. What race is this?
2. For what are buyers looking?
3. 16 of these ships came from England and how many came from Scotland?
4. One part of this network is ______________ later called register offices.
5. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
2. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
3. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
4. What takes place in the early 1760s?
5. Describe the connection between the HIghlands and North Carolina.
6. How are servants paid?
7. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
8. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
9. How are indentured servants often sold?
10. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida? Is this good? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Land speculators are important in the selling of land.
Part 1) What is a land speculator? How are they important?
Part 2) What would the colonies have been like without land speculators? Could the colonies have expanded without land speculators? Why or why not?
Part 3) What type of person would make a good land speculator? What qualities would one need to be successful?
Essay Topic 2
Indentured servants are often bought and sold once they reach the colonies.
Part 1) Why did this purchase happen here? Why was it not done earlier?
Part 2) How might this have affected both the servants and the sellers? Why?
Part 3) Why would someone become an indentured servant? Would you become one?
Essay Topic 3
A large number of the immigrants is young and male.
Part 1) How is this proven? Why are so many young and male?
Part 2) How might this have affected the development of the colonies?
Part 3) How have these young men helped make our country what it is today?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)