|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
2. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
3. While Inglis was preparing the vessel and ordering supplies, Hogg was busy doing what?
4. What does Hogg decide about the prospective emigrants?
5. Efforts are being made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of what states?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
2. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
3. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
4. Describe the connection between the HIghlands and North Carolina.
5. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
6. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
7. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
8. What takes place in the early 1760s?
9. How were these new lands divided?
10. What does the author say about Nova Scotia in the period before the American Revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Land speculators are important in the selling of land.
Part 1) What is a land speculator? How are they important?
Part 2) What would the colonies have been like without land speculators? Could the colonies have expanded without land speculators? Why or why not?
Part 3) What type of person would make a good land speculator? What qualities would one need to be successful?
Essay Topic 2
Workers face hardships during the emigration process.
Part 1) What hardships did they face? Why?
Part 2) How were they affected by the hardships? Does this affect the number of people emigrating? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why might someone continue through this tough emigration process? Why kept them from giving up? What does this say about those who immigrated to the Americas?
Essay Topic 3
Many changes occur prior to the Revolution in the American colonies.
Part 1) What are two of these changes? Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is significant about these changes?
Part 3) How are these changes reflected in our world today?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)