|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do they immigrate?
2. Migrants to Nova Scotia tended to be similar to those going to New York and North Carolina while those migrating to the West Indies tended to be similar to those migrating to which colonies?
3. Do there appear to be concentrations of indentured servants in particular occupations settling in certain colonies?
4. The occupations and residences of those emigrating to New York and North Carolina are _____________ the previous colonies.
5. Can the precise difference between the actual numbers of emigrants and between the Register's totals be established?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about correlation between age and where the emigrants migrated?
2. What does the author say about the iron industry?
3. What is known about most of the families who emigrated?
4. What is the result of the collection of statistical information?
5. What does Bailyn say about the vessels traveling to America?
6. What is eighteenth century America like?
7. What is done with the raw data from this collection?
8. What does Bailyn say about the number of people leaving for North America from December 1773 to March 1776 and those who are not emigrants?
9. What are the differences between Hillsborough and lobbyists such as Benjamin Franklin?
10. What does the author discover about the gender of the emigrants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A large number of the immigrants is young and male.
Part 1) How is this proven? Why are so many young and male?
Part 2) How might this have affected the development of the colonies?
Part 3) How have these young men helped make our country what it is today?
Essay Topic 2
Many changes occur prior to the Revolution in the American colonies.
Part 1) What are two of these changes? Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is significant about these changes?
Part 3) How are these changes reflected in our world today?
Essay Topic 3
Several possible solutions are considered for the emigration problem.
Part 1) What are these solutions? What are the pros and cons of each?
Part 2) Which solution is chosen? How successful is it?
Part 3) How does this solution affect Great Britain, the United States and Canada today?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)