|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this proclamation aim to slow expansion?
2. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
3. What is commonly believed by 1773?
4. This raw data that is collected by English and Scottish port officials is sent where?
5. Where are most of the ironworks built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bailyn say about the vessels traveling to America?
2. Describe the spreading of the population in the American colonies before the Revolutionary War. What is the significance of this?
3. Who is the Earl of Hillsborough?
4. Who were the people most available for labor?
5. What happens after 1760 and the end of the war in North America?
6. Why must the official totals be adjusted upward?
7. What are the differences between Hillsborough and lobbyists such as Benjamin Franklin?
8. What is the age range for emigrants? What is important about this?
9. What does the author say about the iron industry?
10. What is wrong with this survey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many changes occur prior to the Revolution in the American colonies.
Part 1) What are two of these changes? Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is significant about these changes?
Part 3) How are these changes reflected in our world today?
Essay Topic 2
The situation in New York is similar in many ways to the events in other colonies.
Part 1) Describe the situation in New York. How is it like the situations in other colonies?
Part 2) Why do these similarities between the colonies exist?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this chapter? What is the significance of ending the book with this chapter?
Essay Topic 3
London becomes a magnet for those seeking work and those seeking workers.
Part 1) London became a magnet fro those seeking work and those seeking workers?
Part 2) What connection does this supply and demand create between London and the colonies?
Part 3) How does this urban metropolis affect those in the Americas?
This section contains 1,417 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)