Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The information sent to where is sent directly to the Treasury in London without any editing or summarization?
2. By 1765, it was evident that one result of the employment problems in the silk industry would be what?
3. What does John Powell, an undersecretary of state for the colonies, suggest?
4. Do similar situations exist in other industries in this city?
5. Bailyn argues that for the men a picture develops of lower middle and working class men for whom emigration was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
2. How do British officials initially feel about settlement of western lands in America or to emigration from Britain?
3. What does the author say about East Florida?
4. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
5. What does Bailyn say about the force of attraction to North America?
6. What does Bailyn say about where the emigrants migrated the most?
7. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
8. Why is the location of a servant sale important to buyers?
9. What does the author discover about the gender of the emigrants?
10. What is wrong with this survey?
Essay Topic 1
Many changes occur prior to the Revolution in the American colonies.
Part 1) What are two of these changes? Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is significant about these changes?
Part 3) How are these changes reflected in our world today?
Essay Topic 2
London becomes a magnet for those seeking work and those seeking workers.
Part 1) London became a magnet fro those seeking work and those seeking workers?
Part 2) What connection does this supply and demand create between London and the colonies?
Part 3) How does this urban metropolis affect those in the Americas?
Essay Topic 3
Other areas of the British Isles do not see a mass exodus.
Part 1) Why do they not see a mass exodus?
Part 2) How are they still affected by mass exoduses elsewhere?
Part 3) Is there still a connection between these locations and the areas where many people are leaving? If so, what is this connection? If not, why is there no connection?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)