|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1763, when almost all of the land east of the Mississippi River became the territory of what nation?
(c) Great Britain.
2. What does Brown's advertisement state?
(a) The ship would sail from Whitby to Georgia on August 1, 1774 and would take anyone wishing to settle in this area.
(b) The ship would sail from Glassgow to North Carolina on August 1, 1774 and would take anyone wishing to settle in this area.
(c) The ship would sail from Edinburgh to Georgia on August 1, 1774 and would take anyone wishing to settle in this area.
(d) The ship would sail from London to North Carolina on August 1, 1774 and would take anyone wishing to settle in this area.
3. For what are buyers looking?
(a) The healthiest, most skilled at the lowest price for the longest commitment time.
(b) The servants with the most experience.
(c) The healthiest and hardest working servants.
(d) The youngest and most attractive servants.
4. Who is appointed in the south to create a map?
(a) Samuel Holland.
(b) Gerard De Brahm.
(c) Gerry De Vane.
(d) Seth Hammond.
5. At a minimum, how many immigrants arrived in New York from Britain in the two years before the war and it is likely that another 1,300 also arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
2. Who are the first to inspect the province of West Florida?
3. Brown, his son, Thomas, and James Gordon embarked on what?
4. One part of this network is ______________ later called register offices.
5. To find the types of workers that were needed, merchants and their agents relied on public notifications. What are important focuses of these notifications?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of New York during this time?
2. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
3. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for North Carolina?
4. What efforts have been made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of Florida and the gulf and river shores of Mississippi and Alabama?
5. What does the author say about East Florida?
6. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
7. How else do merchants recruit workers?
8. How are servants paid?
9. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
10. Describe the connection between the HIghlands and North Carolina.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)