|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed in the south to create a map?
(a) Samuel Holland.
(b) Gerard De Brahm.
(c) Seth Hammond.
(d) Gerry De Vane.
2. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
3. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
(a) Certification programs become available to become speculators.
(b) The small group of entrepreneurs make money.
(c) More entrepreneurs try to put together ventures.
(d) Many people want help from these speculators.
4. What is the most common form of payment?
(c) Trade in goods.
(d) Bills of exchange.
5. How else are notices circulated?
(a) Via newspapers and circulating handbills.
(b) Via billboards.
(c) Via magazines.
(d) Via posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first to inspect the province of West Florida?
2. 16 of these ships came from England and how many came from Scotland?
3. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
4. What is happening by 1770?
5. The beginning point for this migration was where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for North Carolina?
2. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
3. How else do merchants recruit workers?
4. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
5. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
6. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
7. What takes place in the early 1760s?
8. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
9. How were these new lands divided?
10. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)