|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does communication between inland North Carolina and the Scottish Highlands remain strong?
(a) There is a constant flow of emigrants from Scottland.
(b) Letters pass between family members on both sides of the ocean.
(c) A great deal of travel takes place between both locations.
(d) Strong leaders exist in both regions.
2. How are merchants able to barter with overseers?
(a) They are willing to give the overseers a great deal of money.
(b) The merchants barter with trade goods.
(c) The overseers will steal from the merchants.
(d) The overseers are eager to unload their charges.
3. The population of this colony and surrounding islands, although small, is what?
(a) Mostly Micmac.
(b) Ethnically diverse.
(c) Ethnically typical of other colonies.
(d) Mostly French.
4. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
(a) Certification programs become available to become speculators.
(b) Many people want help from these speculators.
(c) More entrepreneurs try to put together ventures.
(d) The small group of entrepreneurs make money.
5. For what are buyers looking?
(a) The healthiest and hardest working servants.
(b) The healthiest, most skilled at the lowest price for the longest commitment time.
(c) The servants with the most experience.
(d) The youngest and most attractive servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grants that are given are revocable unless _____________ of the land was populated within three years with one person for every hundred acres.
2. When Britain took over Nova Scotia, what did it do with the settlers there?
3. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
4. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
5. What is Jonas Brown's main business?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)