|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made this form of payment difficult?
(a) The money may not be accepted everywhere.
(b) The seller has to estimate the worth of the trade goods.
(c) All banks may not cash the check.
(d) The bills may get lost.
2. At a minimum, how many immigrants arrived in New York from Britain in the two years before the war and it is likely that another 1,300 also arrived?
3. Later investigations of West Florida would show what?
(a) The rich delta lands.
(b) The dangerous swampland.
(c) The wooded forests.
(d) The sandy and infertile beaches.
4. When Britain took over Nova Scotia, what did it do with the settlers there?
(a) They forced their culture on them.
(b) They deported the entire Acadian population to various points south.
(c) The imprisoned them.
(d) They taught them English.
5. What does Hogg decide about the prospective emigrants?
(a) They had to be very wealthy.
(b) They had to be related to him.
(c) They had to be Scottish.
(d) They had to be disease free, be of good character, and be able to pay their freight with extra for accidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does James Hogg try to settle 200 Scottish Highlanders?
2. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
3. What area proved to be most attractive to land speculators and investors?
4. How many departures does the Register show for West Florida between 1773 and 1776?
5. What does the Register bring into focus?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)