|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
(a) New York.
(b) Nova Scotia.
2. Who helps James Hogg by arranging to have a vessel sent north to transport James and his family?
(a) His father, Roger Hogg.
(b) His brother, Robert Hogg.
(c) His sister, Roberta Hogg.
(d) His cousin, Robert Hogg.
3. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
(a) The established Italian settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(b) The established Spanish settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(c) The established Portuguese settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(d) The established French settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
4. What area proved to be most attractive to land speculators and investors?
(a) West Florida.
(d) East Florida.
5. Efforts are being made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of what states?
(a) North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
(b) Florida, Mississippi and Alabama.
(c) Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
(d) New York, Delaware and Maryland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown, his son, Thomas, and James Gordon embarked on what?
2. Who are the first to inspect the province of West Florida?
3. From where is James Hogg?
4. Who is appointed in the south to create a map?
5. How does communication between inland North Carolina and the Scottish Highlands remain strong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
2. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
3. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
4. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
5. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
6. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
7. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for North Carolina?
8. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
9. What is the importance of New York during this time?
10. What does the author say about East Florida?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)