|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
2. What is surprising about the expeditions previously mentioned?
(a) The settlers were surprisingly prepared for colony life.
(b) The expeditions were surprisingly successful.
(c) The settlers were surprisingly wealthy.
(d) The surviving records are surprisingly complete.
3. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
(b) Bills of exchange payable on demand from well-known and financially stable British firms.
(c) Dollar bills.
(d) Trade goods.
4. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
(a) In abundance.
(c) Somewhat unusual.
5. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
(a) It is obscure and unglamorous.
(b) It is hot and treacherous.
(c) It is far from the other colonies.
(d) It is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is James Hogg?
2. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
3. What other location would sellers avoid?
4. Who had provided what little information was known about this area from experience in the battles with the Spanish?
5. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)