|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At almost any time during the spring and fall months, what happens to indentured servants' labor?
(a) It is sold on board the newly arrived vessels in the ports south of New England.
(b) It is sold in private homes.
(c) It is sold in public houses.
(d) It is sold prior to boarding a vessel for the colonies.
2. All those who voyaged to the American colonies were what?
(c) Risk takers.
3. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
(b) New York.
(d) Nova Scotia.
4. What land is the most attractive in Nova Scotia?
(a) The land along the Hudson River.
(b) The land along the Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The land along the border with Canada.
(d) The land along the Bay of Fundy.
5. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
(a) Places that are too windy.
(b) Places that are too open to the elements.
(c) Places that cost a price.
(d) Places where other ships had recently arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. This colony and the adjacent islands totaled over how many square miles and had a population of less than 18,000 in early 1774?
2. How else are notices circulated?
3. Maps were needed for the new territory. Who is appointed in the north?
4. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida?
5. What is Jonas Brown's main business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
2. What is the importance of New York during this time?
3. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
4. How were these new lands divided?
5. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
6. How are servants paid?
7. What does the author say about Nova Scotia in the period before the American Revolution?
8. What does the author say about East Florida?
9. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
10. What takes place in the early 1760s?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)