|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first settlers into the new British territory began in what year?
2. Where do these first settlers go?
(a) The fertile land around Lake Okeechobee.
(b) The fertile upper valley of the Tombigbee and Alabama rivers.
(c) The sandy beaches along the Atlantic.
(d) The swampland found along what is now called Aligator Alley.
3. From the buyer's side, the longer he delayed the more likely what would happen?
(a) The prices would fall.
(b) The prices would stay the same.
(c) The prices would rise.
(d) The seller would get annoyed.
4. What land is the most attractive in Nova Scotia?
(a) The land along the Hudson River.
(b) The land along the Bay of Fundy.
(c) The land along the Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The land along the border with Canada.
5. When is there a wild land boom in Nova Scotia?
(a) The mid-Sixties.
(b) The mid-Forties.
(c) The mid-Thirties.
(d) The mid-Fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
2. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
3. How many departures does the Register show for West Florida between 1773 and 1776?
4. 16 of these ships came from England and how many came from Scotland?
5. When these recruiters confronted the victims about their debt, what choices are they given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
2. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
3. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
4. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
5. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
6. When did the first settler begin arriving in the new British territory? What information does the author give about this?
7. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida? Is this good? Why or why not?
8. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
9. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
10. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)