|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first settlers into the new British territory began in what year?
2. What is the name of the vessel used in all voyages from this village?
(a) The Marlborough.
(b) The Edinburgh.
(c) The Lucia.
(d) The Queen Mother.
3. Not only was the demand for labor high in the colonies, but there was a potentially plentiful supply of labor where?
(b) In the British Isles.
4. Brown, his son, Thomas, and James Gordon embarked on what?
(a) A scheme to purchase their own colony.
(b) A scheme to settle the Ceded Lands.
(c) A scheme to settle swamp land in Florida.
(d) A sheme to open a pottery factory in North Carolina.
5. When Britain took over Nova Scotia, what did it do with the settlers there?
(a) They forced their culture on them.
(b) The imprisoned them.
(c) They taught them English.
(d) They deported the entire Acadian population to various points south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do these first settlers go?
2. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
3. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida?
4. During the years in question, how many huge areas of land were claimed by the colony of New York and were opened to settlement?
5. Where are the servants and convicts brought to be inspected by potential buyers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
2. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
3. How were these new lands divided?
4. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
5. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
6. How are servants paid?
7. When did the first settler begin arriving in the new British territory? What information does the author give about this?
8. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
9. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
10. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)