|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown, his son, Thomas, and James Gordon embarked on what?
(a) A scheme to purchase their own colony.
(b) A scheme to settle the Ceded Lands.
(c) A scheme to settle swamp land in Florida.
(d) A sheme to open a pottery factory in North Carolina.
2. In the years before the Revolution, there were at least thirty-eight colonial merchant firms dealing in what nationality of servants?
3. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
(a) The East Florida Society.
(b) The Mississippi Society.
(c) The Alabaman Society.
(d) The West Florida Society.
4. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
5. Who are the first to inspect the province of West Florida?
(a) British politicians.
(b) Land speculators.
(c) Military commanders.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is a new British naval base and provincial capital built?
2. Describe the Gulf shore.
3. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
4. Where are the servants and convicts brought to be inspected by potential buyers?
5. Where does James Hogg try to settle 200 Scottish Highlanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is extraordinary about the cases that have been examined?
2. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
3. Why is a network formed between those in Great Britain and those in the American colonies?
4. How were these new lands divided?
5. What is the importance of New York during this time?
6. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
7. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
8. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
9. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
10. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)