|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the Gulf shore.
(a) Sandy, yet fertile.
(b) Mineral rich soil and fertile.
(c) Wooded and hilly.
(d) Sandy and infertile.
2. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
3. The number of emigrants was increased from 100 to a minimum of what?
4. Who probably convinced James Hogg to lead and organize a group of emigrants?
(a) Roger, his father.
(b) Inglis, the ship owner.
(c) Robert, his brother.
(d) Robert, his cousin.
5. At almost any time during the spring and fall months, what happens to indentured servants' labor?
(a) It is sold prior to boarding a vessel for the colonies.
(b) It is sold in public houses.
(c) It is sold in private homes.
(d) It is sold on board the newly arrived vessels in the ports south of New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
2. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
3. When Britain took over Nova Scotia, what did it do with the settlers there?
4. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
5. Where does James Hogg try to settle 200 Scottish Highlanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
2. What is the importance of New York during this time?
3. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
4. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
5. How are servants paid?
6. Why is a network formed between those in Great Britain and those in the American colonies?
7. What takes place to provide maps of the region?
8. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
9. How are indentured servants often sold?
10. What does the author say about East Florida?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)