|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
2. How might garrisons and roads be created?
(a) The Spanish government is more likely to invest in these building projects.
(b) The Italian government is more likely to invest in these building projects.
(c) The Portuguese government is more likely to invest in these building projects.
(d) The French government is more likely to invest in these building projects.
3. What area proved to be most attractive to land speculators and investors?
(a) East Florida.
(d) West Florida.
4. What did the British do this to these settlers?
(a) The British want everyone to speak the same language.
(b) The British want to rid the colony of these strange people.
(c) The British desire their culture to be the most important.
(d) The British desired to repopulate the colony with politically reliable Protestants.
5. Efforts are being made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of what states?
(a) New York, Delaware and Maryland.
(b) North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
(c) Florida, Mississippi and Alabama.
(d) Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown, his son, Thomas, and James Gordon embarked on what?
2. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
3. Who had provided what little information was known about this area from experience in the battles with the Spanish?
4. What accounts for a major part of the migration to North America in the Register?
5. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
2. Who is James Hogg? What does he try to do? Does he succeed?
3. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
4. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for North Carolina?
5. On what do merchants and their agents rely? Why?
6. What happens when Britain takes over Nova Scotia? What is the reason for this?
7. How are servants paid?
8. Why is the location of a servant sale important to buyers?
9. What is the importance of New York during this time?
10. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)