|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning point for this migration was where?
(a) The port of Albany.
(b) The port of New York.
(c) The port of Maine.
(d) The port of Boston.
2. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
(a) Places that are too open to the elements.
(b) Places that cost a price.
(c) Places where other ships had recently arrived.
(d) Places that are too windy.
3. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
(a) It is far from the other colonies.
(b) It is obscure and unglamorous.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is hot and treacherous.
4. The population of this colony and surrounding islands, although small, is what?
(a) Mostly French.
(b) Mostly Micmac.
(c) Ethnically typical of other colonies.
(d) Ethnically diverse.
5. What made this form of payment difficult?
(a) All banks may not cash the check.
(b) The money may not be accepted everywhere.
(c) The bills may get lost.
(d) The seller has to estimate the worth of the trade goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are merchants able to barter with overseers?
2. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
3. Who is appointed in the south to create a map?
4. In 1772, what does De Brahm present to the King?
5. What is unique about James Hogg's departure for America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jonas Brown's plan?
2. What does the author say about East Florida?
3. Who first inspected the province? What did they see?
4. Why is a network formed between those in Great Britain and those in the American colonies?
5. How are indentured servants often sold?
6. How were these new lands divided?
7. Who is one of the first larger groups to migrate to West Florida? Describe their arrival.
8. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
9. What does the author say about Nova Scotia in the period before the American Revolution?
10. What is known about those who voyaged to the American colonies?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)