|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What closes the trans-Appalachian west, except to licensed traders, and created the colonies of Quebec, East and West Florida?
(a) The Proclamation of the 1773.
(b) The Proclamation of the Colonies.
(c) The Proclamation of the Americas.
(d) The Proclamation of 1763.
2. A much smaller percentage was going where?
(a) To Canada and Nova Scotia.
(b) To North Carolina and New York.
(c) To Mexico and the West Indies.
(d) To Canada and the West Indies.
3. The occupations and residences of those emigrating to New York and North Carolina are _____________ the previous colonies.
(a) Worse than.
(b) Different from.
(c) The same as.
(d) Better than.
4. What has long existed in the silk industry?
(a) Labor unrest.
(b) Happy employees.
(c) The same weaving techniques.
(d) Many jobs.
5. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(b) The European continent.
(d) The British mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is commonly believed by 1773?
2. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
3. The English migrants most often went to Pennsylvania, Maryland and ________.
4. The reports from the customs officials show 9,868 individuals leaving for North America from December, 1773 to March, 1776. Why must this number must be adjusted?
5. How many ironworks are operating in the colonies at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Register reveal about Whitby?
2. What is known about most of the families who emigrated?
3. Why is a network formed between those in Great Britain and those in the American colonies?
4. What does Bailyn say about where the emigrants migrated the most?
5. Why is the location of a servant sale important to sellers?
6. Who is John Powell? What does he suggest?
7. What is known about correlation between age and where the emigrants migrated?
8. What is commonly believed by 1773?
9. What does the author say about East Florida?
10. How are servants paid?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)