|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Tompkyns' job?
(a) He sends the reports to the various inspection sites.
(b) He files all of the paperwork.
(c) He organizes the paperwork.
(d) He inspects and corrects each incoming report and then copies the information onto large uniform sheets.
2. Families migrating together tended to go to New York, North Carolina, and _________.
(a) North Carolina.
(b) Nova Scotia.
3. Is child labor popular in the silk industry at this time?
(a) At the beginning of the century.
(d) In some regions.
4. The overwhelming majority of the individuals emigrating gave their destinations as mainland North American colonies south of where?
(a) New York.
(c) Nova Scotia.
(d) North Carolina.
5. What region has only a small need for additional workers?
(a) New England.
(b) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earl of Hillsborough grasp?
2. Do those in the colonies have to struggle to maintain the forms of civilized existence that were present elsewhere?
3. What is also increasing between industries?
4. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
5. More than half of the migrants to Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about the silk industry?
2. What does the author say about the iron industry?
3. What does Bailyn say about the families who migrated together?
4. What are the differences between Hillsborough and lobbyists such as Benjamin Franklin?
5. What does Bailyn say about the number of people leaving for North America from December 1773 to March 1776 and those who are not emigrants?
6. What does Bailyn say about the force of attraction to North America?
7. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
8. What does the author discover about the gender of the emigrants?
9. Describe the spreading of the population in the American colonies before the Revolutionary War. What is the significance of this?
10. Who is the Earl of Hillsborough?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)