|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided much of the unskilled labor, particularly in the South, for the ironworks?
(b) Indentured servants.
(d) Young children.
2. After 1760 and the end of the war in North America, what happens to the colonies?
(a) They become less risky.
(b) They stay the same.
(c) They shrink.
(d) They expand.
3. Bailyn compares the Register's totals to notices of ships' arrivals in North America and finds what?
(a) The Register's totals account for probably around one-fifth of the total number of British emigrants.
(b) The Register's totals account for probably around two-fifths of the total number of British emigrants.
(c) The Register's totals account for probably around four-fifths of the total number of British emigrants.
(d) The Register's totals account for probably around three-fifths of the total number of British emigrants.
4. The information sent to where is sent directly to the Treasury in London without any editing or summarization?
5. On the verge of the Revolution, the American colonies were producing what percentage of the world's iron supply or about 30,000 tons annually?
(a) About one-fifth.
(b) About one-seventh.
(c) About one-sixth.
(d) About one-fourth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
2. Why is there a small need for additional workers in this region?
3. How is the information handled at these sites?
4. What is commonly believed by 1773?
5. What does the Earl of Hillsborough grasp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between Hillsborough and lobbyists such as Benjamin Franklin?
2. Who is the Earl of Hillsborough?
3. What is commonly believed by 1773?
4. What does the author discover about the gender of the emigrants?
5. What happens after 1760 and the end of the war in North America?
6. What is the result of the collection of statistical information?
7. What does Bailyn say about the number of people leaving for North America from December 1773 to March 1776 and those who are not emigrants?
8. What does Bailyn say about where the emigrants migrated the most?
9. What is the age range for emigrants? What is important about this?
10. After skilled artisans such as those trained in construction, what group do the colonists seek?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)