|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The English migrants most often went to Pennsylvania, Maryland and ________.
(b) Nova Scotia.
2. How is the information handled at these sites?
(b) Almost the same.
(c) Not well.
(d) The same.
3. _________ of the nuclear families consisted of only a husband and wife.
4. In what kind of world do these people live?
(a) One that is much like it is today.
(b) One that is much like Great Britain.
(c) One that is somewhat risky.
(d) One that is constantly at risk.
5. Why does Tompkyns soon hire an extra clerk?
(a) He is overwhelmed with his job.
(b) He is tired of his job.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is emigrating to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is child labor popular in the silk industry at this time?
2. Where is the silk industry developed in the late seventeenth century?
3. As what do the colonies become known?
4. The emigrants listed in the Register sailed to America in how many different vessels?
5. What types of groups of emigrants leave steadily over the months for North America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Powell? What does he suggest?
2. What does the author discover about the gender of the emigrants?
3. What is done with the raw data from this collection?
4. What is known about most of the families who emigrated?
5. What does Bailyn say about where the emigrants migrated the most?
6. What is the result of the collection of statistical information?
7. What does Bailyn say about the vessels traveling to America?
8. Why must the official totals be adjusted upward?
9. How important is the construction industry at this time?
10. What is known about correlation between age and where the emigrants migrated?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)