|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After registering, were vessels free to pick up passengers without registering them?
(c) Only ten passengers.
2. The ages of the emigrants tended to concentrate around what ages?
3. What is also increasing between industries?
(b) Employee swapping.
4. What does Bailyn say about the force of attraction to North America?
(a) It is a a necessary evil for British emigrants.
(b) It is a waste of time for British emigrants.
(c) It is powerful for British emigrants.
(d) It is attractive to British emigrants.
5. Families migrating together tended to go to New York, North Carolina, and _________.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flow of individuals into New York and North Carolina seem to form small communities composed largely of _________ working the land.
2. The emigrants listed in the Register sailed to America in how many different vessels?
3. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
4. What closes the trans-Appalachian west, except to licensed traders, and created the colonies of Quebec, East and West Florida?
5. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the unending demand for labor satisfied?
2. What happens after 1760 and the end of the war in North America?
3. Who were the people most available for labor?
4. What does the author say about the intelligence part of this network?
5. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
6. What does the Register record about the major part of migration and and the migration of families?
7. What is the importance of New York during this time?
8. What does the author say about how the immigrants arrived in the Americas?
9. What efforts have been made to exploit and populate the coastal lands of Florida and the gulf and river shores of Mississippi and Alabama?
10. What is known about correlation between age and where the emigrants migrated?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)