|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1753, into what debate does the Earl of Hillsborough enter?
(a) Whether to allow people to emigrate to the colonies.
(b) Whether to create a new nation out of the colonies.
(c) Whether Great Britain should stay in control of the colonies.
(d) Whether to create a national census.
2. The occupations and residences of those emigrating to New York and North Carolina are _____________ the previous colonies.
(a) Different from.
(b) Better than.
(c) The same as.
(d) Worse than.
3. Do the concerns over the settlement of western lands and emigration from Britain to the colonies play a role in the early efforts of the British government to establish and shape policies on the western lands?
4. Why does Tompkyns soon hire an extra clerk?
(a) He is tired of his job.
(b) He is overwhelmed with his job.
(c) He is emigrating to America.
(d) He is sick.
5. The English migrants most often went to Pennsylvania, Maryland and ________.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is also increasing between industries?
2. What does the Earl of Hillsborough grasp?
3. To where do they immigrate?
4. What types of groups of emigrants leave steadily over the months for North America?
5. Do similar situations exist in other industries in this city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after 1760 and the end of the war in North America?
2. From where do people emigrate in the pre-Revolutionary years? To where do they immigrate?
3. What does Bailyn say about where the emigrants migrated the most?
4. What are the differences between Hillsborough and lobbyists such as Benjamin Franklin?
5. What is the result of the collection of statistical information?
6. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
7. How important is the construction industry at this time?
8. What is known about correlation between age and where the emigrants migrated?
9. What does the author say about the silk industry?
10. How do British officials initially feel about settlement of western lands in America or to emigration from Britain?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)