|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
(a) The West Florida Society.
(b) The Mississippi Society.
(c) The Alabaman Society.
(d) The East Florida Society.
2. What did the British do this to these settlers?
(a) The British desired to repopulate the colony with politically reliable Protestants.
(b) The British want to rid the colony of these strange people.
(c) The British desire their culture to be the most important.
(d) The British want everyone to speak the same language.
3. Grants that are given are revocable unless _____________ of the land was populated within three years with one person for every hundred acres.
4. The beginning steps of opening the land to settlement are _________.
5. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
6. The beginning point for this migration was where?
(a) The port of Boston.
(b) The port of Maine.
(c) The port of New York.
(d) The port of Albany.
7. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
(c) Somewhat unusual.
(d) In abundance.
8. How else are notices circulated?
(a) Via magazines.
(b) Via posters.
(c) Via newspapers and circulating handbills.
(d) Via billboards.
9. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
(a) The established Spanish settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(b) The established Italian settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(c) The established French settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(d) The established Portuguese settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
10. How long had the connection between the Highlands and North Carolina been in place?
(a) Almost half a century.
(b) Almost a quarter of a century.
(c) Almost a century.
(d) Almost a decade.
11. What does Hogg decide about the prospective emigrants?
(a) They had to be related to him.
(b) They had to be disease free, be of good character, and be able to pay their freight with extra for accidents.
(c) They had to be Scottish.
(d) They had to be very wealthy.
12. All those who voyaged to the American colonies were what?
(c) Risk takers.
13. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) New York.
14. What is Jonas Brown's main business?
(a) Organizing emigration groups.
(b) Land speculation.
(c) The production and sale of pottery.
(d) The production and sale of alum.
15. What is happening by 1770?
(a) A small, irregular flow of people is moving into the province.
(b) A large, steady flow of people is moving into the province.
(c) A large, somewhat uncontrolled flow of people is moving into the province.
(d) A small, steady flow of people is moving into the province.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do these first settlers go?
2. What other location would sellers avoid?
3. When do the first of these offices appear?
4. Later investigations of West Florida would show what?
5. Who helps James Hogg by arranging to have a vessel sent north to transport James and his family?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)