Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is large-scale land speculation new in North America?
2. What is surprising about the expeditions previously mentioned?
(a) The settlers were surprisingly prepared for colony life.
(b) The expeditions were surprisingly successful.
(c) The settlers were surprisingly wealthy.
(d) The surviving records are surprisingly complete.
3. What is the most valuable form of payment for a servant?
(b) Bills of exchange payable on demand from well-known and financially stable British firms.
(c) Dollar bills.
(d) Trade goods.
4. Detailed records connected to the Register are __________.
(a) In abundance.
(c) Somewhat unusual.
5. Why might land speculators not be interested in this land?
(a) It is obscure and unglamorous.
(b) It is hot and treacherous.
(c) It is far from the other colonies.
(d) It is dangerous.
6. From where is James Hogg?
(a) East Lothian in the Scottish Highlands.
(b) Dublin in Ireland.
(c) Edinburgh in Scottland.
(d) East Lothian in the Scottish Lowlands.
7. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
(a) Those who are new to the country.
(b) Those who do not speak English.
(c) Those who are desperate or naive.
(d) Those who are young.
8. What other location would sellers avoid?
(a) Places that are too close to the water.
(b) Places that are too far inland.
(c) Places that are difficult for buyers to get to.
(d) Places that make the servants uncomfortable.
9. Who had provided what little information was known about this area from experience in the battles with the Spanish?
(a) Military leaders.
(b) Spanish politicians.
(c) Spanish settlers.
(d) Land speculators.
10. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
(a) It would revert back to the crown.
(b) It would revert back to the land speculator.
(c) It would become the land of Spain.
(d) It would become the land of the Native Americans.
11. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
(b) Nova Scotia.
(d) New York.
12. The population of this colony and surrounding islands, although small, is what?
(a) Mostly French.
(b) Ethnically diverse.
(c) Mostly Micmac.
(d) Ethnically typical of other colonies.
13. For what are buyers looking?
(a) The servants with the most experience.
(b) The youngest and most attractive servants.
(c) The healthiest and hardest working servants.
(d) The healthiest, most skilled at the lowest price for the longest commitment time.
14. In 1772, what does De Brahm present to the King?
(a) A huge map.
(b) A special dinner.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) A present.
15. How else are notices circulated?
(a) Via magazines.
(b) Via newspapers and circulating handbills.
(c) Via posters.
(d) Via billboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hogg decide about the prospective emigrants?
2. The number of emigrants was increased from 100 to a minimum of what?
3. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida?
4. Besides not making money quickly, why else does a seller not want the "goods" to remain in his care?
5. One part of this network is ______________ later called register offices.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)