|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the vessel used in all voyages from this village?
(a) The Marlborough.
(b) The Lucia.
(c) The Edinburgh.
(d) The Queen Mother.
2. One part of this network is ______________ later called register offices.
(a) Intelligence offices.
(b) Intellectual offices.
(c) Smart offices.
(d) Registrar offices.
3. How are merchants able to barter with overseers?
(a) The merchants barter with trade goods.
(b) The overseers are eager to unload their charges.
(c) The overseers will steal from the merchants.
(d) They are willing to give the overseers a great deal of money.
4. Who helps James Hogg by arranging to have a vessel sent north to transport James and his family?
(a) His brother, Robert Hogg.
(b) His cousin, Robert Hogg.
(c) His father, Roger Hogg.
(d) His sister, Roberta Hogg.
5. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
6. In the years before the Revolution, there were at least thirty-eight colonial merchant firms dealing in what nationality of servants?
7. What accounts for a major part of the migration to North America in the Register?
(a) The lack of need for labor after 1760.
(b) The demand for labor before 1760.
(c) The demand for labor after 1760.
(d) The lack of labor available after 1760.
8. What is surprising about the expeditions previously mentioned?
(a) The settlers were surprisingly wealthy.
(b) The surviving records are surprisingly complete.
(c) The expeditions were surprisingly successful.
(d) The settlers were surprisingly prepared for colony life.
9. The Register documents how many emigrant voyages from this village, containing 155 emigrants, in total?
10. Archibald Menzies decides that he had found the perfect race of people to populate Florida. What race is this?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Hungarians.
(d) The Turks.
11. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
(a) The established Portuguese settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(b) The established Spanish settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(c) The established French settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(d) The established Italian settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
12. What is the most common form of payment?
(b) Bills of exchange.
(c) Trade in goods.
13. All those who voyaged to the American colonies were what?
(b) Risk takers.
14. How else are notices circulated?
(a) Via posters.
(b) Via billboards.
(c) Via newspapers and circulating handbills.
(d) Via magazines.
15. When do the first of these offices appear?
(a) In the seventeenth century.
(b) In the sixteenth century.
(c) In the fifteenth century.
(d) In the eighteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning steps of opening the land to settlement are _________.
2. The number of emigrants was increased from 100 to a minimum of what?
3. What made this form of payment difficult?
4. From the buyer's side, the longer he delayed the more likely what would happen?
5. What is one way that West Florida differs from East Florida?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)