|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 16 of these ships came from England and how many came from Scotland?
2. Maps were needed for the new territory. Who is appointed in the north?
(a) Samuel Holland.
(b) Gerard De Brahm.
(c) Seth Hammond.
(d) Gerry De Vane.
3. Where is a new British naval base and provincial capital built?
(a) At Vermont.
(b) At Quebec.
(c) At Halifax.
(d) At Boston.
4. The population of this colony and surrounding islands, although small, is what?
(a) Ethnically diverse.
(b) Mostly Micmac.
(c) Ethnically typical of other colonies.
(d) Mostly French.
5. What accounts for a major part of the migration to North America in the Register?
(a) The demand for labor after 1760.
(b) The lack of labor available after 1760.
(c) The lack of need for labor after 1760.
(d) The demand for labor before 1760.
6. Later investigations of West Florida would show what?
(a) The wooded forests.
(b) The rich delta lands.
(c) The dangerous swampland.
(d) The sandy and infertile beaches.
7. During the seventeenth century, who are the only people who would continue to use this service?
(a) Those who are new to the country.
(b) Those who are young.
(c) Those who are desperate or naive.
(d) Those who do not speak English.
8. One part of this network is ______________ later called register offices.
(a) Intelligence offices.
(b) Intellectual offices.
(c) Smart offices.
(d) Registrar offices.
9. Archibald Menzies decides that he had found the perfect race of people to populate Florida. What race is this?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Hungarians.
(d) The Greeks.
10. When these recruiters confronted the victims about their debt, what choices are they given?
(a) Servitude or slavery.
(b) Death or debtors' prison.
(c) Debtors' prison or servitude.
(d) Death or servitude.
11. For what are buyers looking?
(a) The servants with the most experience.
(b) The healthiest and hardest working servants.
(c) The healthiest, most skilled at the lowest price for the longest commitment time.
(d) The youngest and most attractive servants.
12. Where do these first settlers go?
(a) The swampland found along what is now called Aligator Alley.
(b) The sandy beaches along the Atlantic.
(c) The fertile land around Lake Okeechobee.
(d) The fertile upper valley of the Tombigbee and Alabama rivers.
13. What is Jonas Brown's main business?
(a) The production and sale of alum.
(b) Organizing emigration groups.
(c) Land speculation.
(d) The production and sale of pottery.
14. What does Hogg decide about the prospective emigrants?
(a) They had to be Scottish.
(b) They had to be disease free, be of good character, and be able to pay their freight with extra for accidents.
(c) They had to be very wealthy.
(d) They had to be related to him.
15. At almost any time during the spring and fall months, what happens to indentured servants' labor?
(a) It is sold on board the newly arrived vessels in the ports south of New England.
(b) It is sold prior to boarding a vessel for the colonies.
(c) It is sold in public houses.
(d) It is sold in private homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the period before the American Revolution, what is the northeastern most point in the arc of borderlands in the outer boundaries of British communities in North America?
2. What do buyers also have to consider when making a purchase?
3. In 1763, when almost all of the land east of the Mississippi River became the territory of what nation?
4. From where is James Hogg?
5. What is the most common form of payment?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)