|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has long existed in the silk industry?
(a) Happy employees.
(b) Labor unrest.
(c) The same weaving techniques.
(d) Many jobs.
2. What information is sometimes estimated by the customs officials?
3. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
(a) A great amount of.
4. Families migrating together tended to go to New York, North Carolina, and _________.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(d) North Carolina.
5. At certain times, vessels would carry _________ numbers of emigrants.
(b) Very small.
(d) An average.
6. Most emigrants traveled ____________.
(a) In groups.
(b) In pairs.
(d) With families.
7. English women emigrants were almost always engaged in what sort of work?
(a) Textile work.
8. Over ___________ of the migrants went to mainland colonies.
(a) Eighty percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Twenty-five percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
9. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) North and south.
(b) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
(c) To Florida.
(d) Along the Atlantic coast.
10. What is the major problem of this survey?
(a) There are many stowaways.
(b) Information is given by word of mouth.
(c) Most people cannot write to fill out the paperwork.
(d) There is no legal requirement for vessels carrying emigrants to register with customs.
11. By 1775, it is estimated that one in every ____________ of the people in this city was a servant.
12. Building in general accounts for much of the recruitment of artisans from where?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) North Carolina.
13. What other jobs had also become unstable?
(b) Painting employment.
(c) Agricultural employment.
(d) Communication fields.
14. To where do they immigrate?
15. What region has only a small need for additional workers?
(a) New England.
(c) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 8,613 emigrants whose sex was registered, about ____________ are males?
2. Migrants to Nova Scotia tended to be similar to those going to New York and North Carolina while those migrating to the West Indies tended to be similar to those migrating to which colonies?
3. The English migrants most often went to Pennsylvania, Maryland and ________.
4. Was it new that North America had been seen as a place of refuge?
5. Building craftsman and clothing makers were in high demand where?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)