Short Answer Key
Book 1, Introduction and Chapter 1 An Expanded World, 1760-1776
1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
The British mainland.
2. To where do they immigrate?
3. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
4. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
5. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
6. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
7. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
8. Do those in the colonies have to struggle to maintain the forms of civilized existence that were present elsewhere?
9. In what kind of world do these people live?
One that is constantly at risk.
This section contains 3,154 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)