|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 16 New York: Swarming to the North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, there was also an array of lobbyists working for land speculators and western trading interests, led by whom?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Benjamin Moore.
2. How are merchants able to barter with overseers?
(a) The overseers will steal from the merchants.
(b) The merchants barter with trade goods.
(c) The overseers are eager to unload their charges.
(d) They are willing to give the overseers a great deal of money.
3. What is commonly believed by 1773?
(a) British emigration was leading to more wealth for those who stayed behind.
(b) British emigration was becoming more difficult to do.
(c) British emigration was becoming unpopular.
(d) British emigration was leading to depopulation in certain areas of the British Isles.
4. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
(a) The established Portuguese settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(b) The established French settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(c) The established Spanish settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
(d) The established Italian settlers may be willing to come into British territory to help settle the new province.
5. Is the movement to the colonies a patternless roaming?
(c) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Tompkyns' job?
2. What has long existed in the silk industry?
3. In the years before the Revolution, there were at least thirty-eight colonial merchant firms dealing in what nationality of servants?
4. The importation of workers from where had begun in 1714?
5. Most emigrants traveled ____________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)