|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 13 Gulf and Delta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the pre-Revolutionary days, what is the largest urban center in the western world?
2. What types of groups of emigrants leave steadily over the months for North America?
(a) Very large.
3. Why does Tompkyns soon hire an extra clerk?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is tired of his job.
(c) He is emigrating to America.
(d) He is overwhelmed with his job.
4. The emigrants listed in the Register sailed to America in how many different vessels?
5. After registering, were vessels free to pick up passengers without registering them?
(c) Only ten passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
2. What is commonly believed by 1773?
3. The flow of individuals into New York and North Carolina seem to form small communities composed largely of _________ working the land.
4. This raw data that is collected by English and Scottish port officials is sent where?
5. Most of these vessels listed were probably engaged in commercial voyages and carried passengers for what reason?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)