|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 13 Gulf and Delta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(a) The European continent.
(c) The British mainland.
2. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
(a) It would become the land of the Native Americans.
(b) It would revert back to the land speculator.
(c) It would revert back to the crown.
(d) It would become the land of Spain.
3. How else are notices circulated?
(a) Via posters.
(b) Via billboards.
(c) Via newspapers and circulating handbills.
(d) Via magazines.
4. There are successes in land speculation and, as more British become aware of the opportunities, what happens?
(a) Many people want help from these speculators.
(b) Certification programs become available to become speculators.
(c) More entrepreneurs try to put together ventures.
(d) The small group of entrepreneurs make money.
5. What do these unscrupulous recruiters do to impoverished victims?
(a) They induce them to pile up debts for housing.
(b) They induce them to lessen their debt by selling their valuables.
(c) They induce them to pile up debts for food, clothing, and drink.
(d) They induce them to end debt by working hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flow of individuals into New York and North Carolina seem to form small communities composed largely of _________ working the land.
2. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
3. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
4. Migrants to Nova Scotia tended to be similar to those going to New York and North Carolina while those migrating to the West Indies tended to be similar to those migrating to which colonies?
5. A much smaller percentage was going where?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)