|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 13 Gulf and Delta.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do the concerns over the settlement of western lands and emigration from Britain to the colonies play a role in the early efforts of the British government to establish and shape policies on the western lands?
2. In the provinces, is there mass exodus anywhere in Britain?
(d) In some provinces.
3. Why is there a small need for additional workers in this region?
(a) It is not growing quickly.
(b) It is already producing a surplus population.
(c) It is mostly unpopulated.
(d) It is not a safe place to live.
4. The ages of the emigrants tended to concentrate around what ages?
5. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
(a) It would revert back to the crown.
(b) It would become the land of Spain.
(c) It would revert back to the land speculator.
(d) It would become the land of the Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Powell, an undersecretary of state for the colonies, suggest?
2. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
3. What closes the trans-Appalachian west, except to licensed traders, and created the colonies of Quebec, East and West Florida?
4. Why is this a positive aspect about West Florida?
5. What accounts for a major part of the migration to North America in the Register?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)