|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Introduction and Chapter 11 Yorkshire and the Maritime Northeast.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After registering, were vessels free to pick up passengers without registering them?
(d) Only ten passengers.
2. When do the first of these offices appear?
(a) In the sixteenth century.
(b) In the fifteenth century.
(c) In the seventeenth century.
(d) In the eighteenth century.
3. In the months that followed, how many emigrants do customs officials interview?
(b) Tens of thousands.
4. What are unscrupulous recruiters called?
5. Most available for labor are who?
(a) Condemned criminals.
(d) Indentured servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do buyers also have to consider when making a purchase?
2. What other jobs had also become unstable?
3. What is the most common form of payment?
4. The population of this colony and surrounding islands, although small, is what?
5. At almost any time during the spring and fall months, what happens to indentured servants' labor?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)