|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Introduction and Chapter 11 Yorkshire and the Maritime Northeast.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this proclamation aim to slow expansion?
(a) To prevent the colonies from becoming tired of British rule.
(b) To prevent border violence and gradually introduce civil government in these areas.
(c) To give Great Britain more power.
(d) To prevent the Americas from becoming too powerful.
2. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) To Florida.
(b) Along the Atlantic coast.
(c) North and south.
(d) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
3. Building in general accounts for much of the recruitment of artisans from where?
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) North Carolina.
4. During this time, there was also an array of lobbyists working for land speculators and western trading interests, led by whom?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Moore.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. How would the seller wait when the buyers surveyed the servants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bill for which the Earl of Hillsborough fought?
2. Why is the data source that the author mentions incomplete?
3. Do those in the colonies have to struggle to maintain the forms of civilized existence that were present elsewhere?
4. Do British officials pay much attention at first to the settlement of western lands in America or to emigration from Britain to the colonies?
5. What does Bailyn say about what these patterns show about the migration from Britain to America?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)