|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 7 The Demand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than half of the migrants to Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are ____________.
(b) Indentured servants.
2. After registering, were vessels free to pick up passengers without registering them?
(c) Only ten passengers.
3. What is commonly believed by 1773?
(a) British emigration was becoming unpopular.
(b) British emigration was becoming more difficult to do.
(c) British emigration was leading to depopulation in certain areas of the British Isles.
(d) British emigration was leading to more wealth for those who stayed behind.
4. Families migrating together tended to go to New York, North Carolina, and _________.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) North Carolina.
5. What is the result of this collection?
(a) It illuminates what life is like after emigration.
(b) It gives some basic information about those who emigrate.
(c) It explains what is faulty about Great Britain.
(d) It illuminates the essential characteristics of the emigration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bailyn say about what these patterns show about the migration from Britain to America?
2. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
3. Do the concerns over the settlement of western lands and emigration from Britain to the colonies play a role in the early efforts of the British government to establish and shape policies on the western lands?
4. Is the movement to the colonies a patternless roaming?
5. The occupations and residences of those emigrating to New York and North Carolina are _____________ the previous colonies.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)