|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 7 The Demand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of this collection?
(a) It illuminates the essential characteristics of the emigration.
(b) It explains what is faulty about Great Britain.
(c) It illuminates what life is like after emigration.
(d) It gives some basic information about those who emigrate.
2. Bailyn turns his attention to where the emigrants migrated to in North America. How does he argue that they travel to all the colonies?
(a) They all take the same few boats.
(b) They often purchase their own vessels for the journey.
(c) They travel to all the colonies in equal amounts.
(d) They do not travel to all the colonies in equal amounts.
3. The English migrants most often went to Pennsylvania, Maryland and ________.
(b) Nova Scotia.
4. The ages of the emigrants tended to concentrate around what ages?
5. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
(c) A great amount of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
2. _________ of the nuclear families consisted of only a husband and wife.
3. Why does this proclamation aim to slow expansion?
4. During this time, there was also an array of lobbyists working for land speculators and western trading interests, led by whom?
5. The occupations and residences of those emigrating to New York and North Carolina are _____________ the previous colonies.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)