|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6 Arrivals and Destinations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 8,613 emigrants whose sex was registered, about ____________ are males?
2. Families migrating together tended to go to New York, North Carolina, and _________.
(a) North Carolina.
(d) Nova Scotia.
3. Over ___________ of the migrants went to mainland colonies.
(a) Ten percent.
(b) Eighty percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Twenty-five percent.
4. The reports from the customs officials show 9,868 individuals leaving for North America from December, 1773 to March, 1776. Why must this number must be adjusted?
(a) The customs officials did not count correctly.
(b) Not all travelers are emigrants.
(c) One year is left out of the count.
(d) Many women are pregnant.
5. The emigrants listed in the Register sailed to America in how many different vessels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
2. After registering, were vessels free to pick up passengers without registering them?
3. Bailyn turns his attention to where the emigrants migrated to in North America. How does he argue that they travel to all the colonies?
4. What happens to the bill for which the Earl of Hillsborough fought?
5. Do British officials pay much attention at first to the settlement of western lands in America or to emigration from Britain to the colonies?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)