|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 4 Magnitudes, Locations, and Flow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
(a) One of simplicity as a few hundred people move to London and a few other ports of exit.
(b) One of simplicity as only those in England move to London, the port of exit.
(c) One of complexity as thousands of people in every region of the country move to ports of exit.
(d) One of complexity as tens of thousands of people in every region in Europe moves to ports of exit.
2. How is the information handled at these sites?
(b) Not well.
(c) Almost the same.
(d) The same.
3. Why does Tompkyns soon hire an extra clerk?
(a) He is emigrating to America.
(b) He is tired of his job.
(c) He is overwhelmed with his job.
(d) He is sick.
4. Can the precise difference between the actual numbers of emigrants and between the Register's totals be established?
(c) Yes, in a few years.
5. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
(c) A great amount of.
Short Answer Questions
1. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
2. What is John Tompkyns' job?
3. The Earl of Hillsborough argues that the colonies are to benefit the kingdom through commerce and the production of goods. What does he think about settling the western lands, regarding this goal?
4. This raw data that is collected by English and Scottish port officials is sent where?
5. What does the Earl of Hillsborough grasp?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)