|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3 Searching for the Facts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major problem of this survey?
(a) There are many stowaways.
(b) There is no legal requirement for vessels carrying emigrants to register with customs.
(c) Most people cannot write to fill out the paperwork.
(d) Information is given by word of mouth.
2. The Earl of Hillsborough argues that the colonies are to benefit the kingdom through commerce and the production of goods. What does he think about settling the western lands, regarding this goal?
(a) It is a simple solution to achieve this goal.
(b) It makes a lot of sense.
(c) It will be difficult to do.
(d) It makes no sense.
3. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) To Florida.
(b) Along the Atlantic coast.
(c) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
(d) North and south.
4. How is the information handled at these sites?
(a) Not well.
(b) The same.
(d) Almost the same.
5. This raw data that is collected by English and Scottish port officials is sent where?
(a) To three customs boards in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin.
(b) To one customs board in Edinburgh.
(c) To two customs boards in London and Edinburgh.
(d) To one customs board in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of world do these people live?
2. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
3. Was it new that North America had been seen as a place of refuge?
4. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
5. The information sent to where is sent directly to the Treasury in London without any editing or summarization?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)