|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3 Searching for the Facts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(a) The European continent.
(c) The British mainland.
2. What is John Tompkyns' job?
(a) He inspects and corrects each incoming report and then copies the information onto large uniform sheets.
(b) He organizes the paperwork.
(c) He sends the reports to the various inspection sites.
(d) He files all of the paperwork.
3. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
(c) A little.
(d) Not very.
4. This raw data that is collected by English and Scottish port officials is sent where?
(a) To three customs boards in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin.
(b) To two customs boards in London and Edinburgh.
(c) To one customs board in London.
(d) To one customs board in Edinburgh.
5. How is the information handled at these sites?
(a) Almost the same.
(b) The same.
(c) Not well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Powell, an undersecretary of state for the colonies, suggest?
2. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
3. What is the major problem of this survey?
4. Was it new that North America had been seen as a place of refuge?
5. Do those in the colonies have to struggle to maintain the forms of civilized existence that were present elsewhere?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)