|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 14 North Carolina: The Wreck of the Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
(a) Ahead of its time.
(b) More industrial, urban, and humane than most of Europe.
(c) Much like the British Isles.
(d) Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
2. What is commonly believed by 1773?
(a) British emigration was leading to depopulation in certain areas of the British Isles.
(b) British emigration was becoming unpopular.
(c) British emigration was leading to more wealth for those who stayed behind.
(d) British emigration was becoming more difficult to do.
3. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
(a) Places where other ships had recently arrived.
(b) Places that are too windy.
(c) Places that cost a price.
(d) Places that are too open to the elements.
4. What accounts for a major part of the migration to North America in the Register?
(a) The demand for labor before 1760.
(b) The lack of labor available after 1760.
(c) The lack of need for labor after 1760.
(d) The demand for labor after 1760.
5. In the months that followed, how many emigrants do customs officials interview?
(a) Tens of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed in the south to create a map?
2. Who had provided what little information was known about this area from experience in the battles with the Spanish?
3. Bailyn turns his attention to where the emigrants migrated to in North America. How does he argue that they travel to all the colonies?
4. In what kind of world do these people live?
5. How many departures does the Register show for West Florida between 1773 and 1776?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)