|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 14 North Carolina: The Wreck of the Bachelor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, there was also an array of lobbyists working for land speculators and western trading interests, led by whom?
(a) Benjamin Moore.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. In this chapter, what does Bailyn examine?
(a) The areas which experienced labor shortages in Great Britain during this time period.
(b) The areas which have not been experiencing labor shortages in Great Britain.
(c) The areas which experienced labor shortages in North America during this time period.
(d) The areas which have not been experiencing labor shortages in North America.
3. Where does James Hogg try to settle 200 Scottish Highlanders?
(a) In the backcountry of New York.
(b) In the backcountry of North Carolina.
(c) In the backcountry of Virginia.
(d) In the backcountry of South Carolina.
4. Do those in the colonies have to struggle to maintain the forms of civilized existence that were present elsewhere?
(a) A little.
(b) Not much.
5. More than half of the migrants to Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are ____________.
(d) Indentured servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location would sellers avoid for holding sales?
2. The Earl of Hillsborough argues that the colonies are to benefit the kingdom through commerce and the production of goods. What does he think about settling the western lands, regarding this goal?
3. As what do the colonies become known?
4. Archibald Menzies decides that he had found the perfect race of people to populate Florida. What race is this?
5. What made this form of payment difficult?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)