|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 5 Identities and Motivations: The Dual Emigration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) To Florida.
(b) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
(c) Along the Atlantic coast.
(d) North and south.
2. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
(a) More industrial, urban, and humane than most of Europe.
(b) Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
(c) Ahead of its time.
(d) Much like the British Isles.
3. The overwhelming majority of the individuals emigrating gave their destinations as mainland North American colonies south of where?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
4. Is the movement to the colonies a patternless roaming?
(b) At first.
5. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
(a) One of simplicity as a few hundred people move to London and a few other ports of exit.
(b) One of complexity as thousands of people in every region of the country move to ports of exit.
(c) One of simplicity as only those in England move to London, the port of exit.
(d) One of complexity as tens of thousands of people in every region in Europe moves to ports of exit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bill for which the Earl of Hillsborough fought?
2. A much smaller percentage was going where?
3. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
4. In 1753, into what debate does the Earl of Hillsborough enter?
5. Do the concerns over the settlement of western lands and emigration from Britain to the colonies play a role in the early efforts of the British government to establish and shape policies on the western lands?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)