|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 5 Identities and Motivations: The Dual Emigration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do British officials pay much attention at first to the settlement of western lands in America or to emigration from Britain to the colonies?
(a) No, not at all.
(b) No, not too much.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, a great deal.
2. Those between what ages typically travel independent of families?
(a) 18 and 25.
(b) 10 and 15.
(c) 20 and 30.
(d) 15 and 24.
3. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
(a) Ahead of its time.
(b) More industrial, urban, and humane than most of Europe.
(c) Much like the British Isles.
(d) Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
4. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(b) The European continent.
(c) The British mainland.
5. What is the age that individuals could legally bind themselves as indentured servants?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
2. The information sent to where is sent directly to the Treasury in London without any editing or summarization?
3. The Earl of Hillsborough argues that the colonies are to benefit the kingdom through commerce and the production of goods. What does he think about settling the western lands, regarding this goal?
4. At this time, most individuals concerned with emigration focused on what?
5. What is commonly believed by 1773?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)