|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 12 Failure in Xanadu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
(a) One of simplicity as a few hundred people move to London and a few other ports of exit.
(b) One of complexity as tens of thousands of people in every region in Europe moves to ports of exit.
(c) One of complexity as thousands of people in every region of the country move to ports of exit.
(d) One of simplicity as only those in England move to London, the port of exit.
2. In 1763, when almost all of the land east of the Mississippi River became the territory of what nation?
(c) Great Britain.
3. Do similar situations exist in other industries in this city?
(b) Yes, but only in a small amount of industries.
(d) Yes, but not until later in the century.
4. Most of these vessels listed were probably engaged in commercial voyages and carried passengers for what reason?
(a) To have enough workers on the ship.
(b) To help them get to America.
(c) To break even on their profits.
(d) To fill out their cargo and to gain some extra profit.
5. What society was made up on 40 to 50 merchants, noblemen, and entrepreneurs who wanted to develop new properties in America?
(a) The Alabaman Society.
(b) The East Florida Society.
(c) The West Florida Society.
(d) The Mississippi Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had provided what little information was known about this area from experience in the battles with the Spanish?
2. Is child labor popular in the silk industry at this time?
3. After ten years, what would happen to any land not populated?
4. What is also increasing between industries?
5. What area proved to be most attractive to land speculators and investors?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)