|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 12 Failure in Xanadu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do similar situations exist in other industries in this city?
(a) Yes, but only in a small amount of industries.
(c) Yes, but not until later in the century.
2. By 1775, it is estimated that one in every ____________ of the people in this city was a servant.
3. Where is the silk industry developed in the late seventeenth century?
(a) Four blocks in West London.
(b) Four blocks in East London.
(c) Four blocks in North London.
(d) Four blocks in South London.
4. Can the precise difference between the actual numbers of emigrants and between the Register's totals be established?
(b) Yes, in a few years.
5. Most available for labor are who?
(a) Condemned criminals.
(d) Indentured servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1765, it was evident that one result of the employment problems in the silk industry would be what?
2. What is Bailyn's first impression of British life in the years leading up to the American Revolution?
3. In the provinces, is there mass exodus anywhere in Britain?
4. The beginning steps of opening the land to settlement are _________.
5. Grants that are given are revocable unless _____________ of the land was populated within three years with one person for every hundred acres.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)