1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(c) The European continent.
(d) The British mainland.
2. To where do they immigrate?
3. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) To Florida.
(b) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
(c) North and south.
(d) Along the Atlantic coast.
4. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
(a) Less than.
(c) Slightly less.
(d) The same.
5. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
(a) Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
(b) Ahead of its time.
(c) Much like the British Isles.
(d) More industrial, urban, and humane than most of Europe.
6. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
(b) A great amount of.
7. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
(b) Not very.
(c) A little.
This section contains 5,264 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)