Book 1, Introduction and Chapter 1 An Expanded World, 1760-1776
1. In the pre-Revolutionary years, many people emigrated from where?
(a) The British mainland.
(b) The European continent.
2. To where do they immigrate?
3. Into where does the population of the colonies spread?
(a) To Florida.
(b) Along the Atlantic coast.
(c) The backcountry of the coastal colonies and trans-Appalachian west.
(d) North and south.
4. The magnitude of these developments was __________________ in these years than they had been in the preceding years.
(a) Slightly less.
(c) The same.
(d) Less than.
5. Eighteenth century America was _____________________________.
(a) More industrial, urban, and humane than most of Europe.
(b) Pre-industrial, pre-urban, and pre-humanitarian.
(c) Much like the British Isles.
(d) Ahead of its time.
6. How much regard is there for human suffering and rights?
(c) A great amount of.
7. These characteristics are shared with other societies, but is America's way of life unique?
(b) A little.
(c) Not very.
This section contains 5,264 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)