|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chapter 3?
2. What does Caspian appoint Lord Bern to after firing the governor?
3. What does Eustace say the person who helped him shed his dragon suit did once changing him back to a boy?
4. What does Lucy ask the dragon if his name is in Chapter 7?
5. At whose house is Caspian denied entry in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy react when she first sees Reepicheep in the book?
2. Why has Edmund and Lucy come to stay with their aunt and uncle?
3. How is the dinner set up by the invisible people in Chapter 10 described?
4. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
5. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
6. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
7. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
8. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
9. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
10. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of adventure in the book. What might the author hope for adventure to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of fantasy in the book. What does the use of fantasy help portray and reveal about the book's characters that would have been absent without it?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)