|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caspian and Edmund see in the middle of a pool in Chapter 8?
2. What is there a picture of hanging in Lucy and Edmund's room at their aunt and uncles house?
3. What is the name of Chapter 7?
4. How many weeks had the Dawn Treader left the Lone Islands at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How many days does Eustace write in his journal that the storm lasted in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy react when she first sees Reepicheep in the book?
2. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
3. How is the valley that Eustace finds himself in during Chapter 6 described?
4. What happens when the painting of a ship comes to life?
5. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
6. How is the small island where the Dawn Trader travels after leaving Dragon Island described?
7. What happens when the Dawn Treader sails into a storm after leaving the Lone Islands?
8. What do Caspian and Edmund witness when they go on land to a cliff overlooking a pool in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
10. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Aslan in the book. In what way might he be considered the God figure in the book?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)