|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caspian tell the governor he has not received from the island in over 100 years?
2. Where does Eustace walk to take a nap when he goes away from the other travelers?
3. What reason does the person who buys Caspian say he left a group of his friends to live on that island?
4. What is the name of Chapter 3?
5. What does Caspian and Edmund find along with the remains of chain mail on a cliff overlooking a pool in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the travelers encounter a group of rough looking men on the Lone Islands?
2. What does Eustace discover in the dragon's cave?
3. While he is still a dragon, how does Eustace try to tell his group the story of what happened to him?
4. Why does Eustace leave the group at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What happens when Reepicheep catches Eustace sneaking water?
6. What do Caspian and Edmund witness when they go on land to a cliff overlooking a pool in Chapter 8?
7. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
8. What happens when the Dawn Treader sails into a storm after leaving the Lone Islands?
9. Why has Edmund and Lucy come to stay with their aunt and uncle?
10. What happens after Lucy gives the dragon a few drops of her cordial when she sees his leg is hurt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of fantasy in the book. What does the use of fantasy help portray and reveal about the book's characters that would have been absent without it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Essay Topic 3
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)