Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Aslan on a cliff in Chapter 8?
2. What does a stick Edmund places into the pool in Chapter 8 turn into?
3. What is the name of the person who moves the person denying Caspian entry to a house and allows him inside in Chapter 4?
4. What does the group from the ship run into once halfway across the island in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of animal is Reepicheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
2. How does Eustace say he was turned from a dragon back into a boy?
3. What does Lucy do when she finds the magician's book?
4. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
5. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
6. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
7. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
8. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Arguably the most present theme throughout the book is that of Christianity. Part 1.) How is Christianity a common theme throughout the whole book? Part 2.) What lessons in morals and duty were taught in the book that mirrored the Christian faith? Part 3.) What purpose did the author have for setting such a religious tone in the book?
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)