|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caspian and Edmund find along with the remains of chain mail on a cliff overlooking a pool in Chapter 8?
2. What does Eustace find himself surrounded on three sides by in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Eustace walk to take a nap when he goes away from the other travelers?
4. What does Eustace find occupying the bottom of the large valley he finds himself at in Chapter 6?
5. How many Narnian years does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that they have been gone for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Dawn Treader sails into a storm after leaving the Lone Islands?
2. What does Eustace discover in the dragon's cave?
3. What problems do Caspian and his sailors discuss in regard to traveling with Eustace as a dragon?
4. What reason does the narrator give to explain why Eustace doesn't recognize the dragon living in the valley?
5. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
6. How is Eustace described the first time he is seen in the book?
7. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
8. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
9. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
10. What happens when the painting of a ship comes to life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of fantasy in the book. What does the use of fantasy help portray and reveal about the book's characters that would have been absent without it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)