|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustace find himself surrounded on three sides by in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of Chapter 3?
3. What do the people the group runs into on the island in Chapter 3 offer them?
4. What does Reepicheep find for himself in his size in Chapter 8?
5. What do the three children find themselves standing on the edge of when a picture comes to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
2. What problems do Caspian and his sailors discuss in regard to traveling with Eustace as a dragon?
3. What happens when the Dawn Trader is attacked by a sea serpent?
4. How is Eustace described the first time he is seen in the book?
5. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
6. What reason does the narrator give to explain why Eustace doesn't recognize the dragon living in the valley?
7. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
8. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
9. What happens when the travelers encounter a group of rough looking men on the Lone Islands?
10. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of adventure in the book. What might the author hope for adventure to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)