|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Eustace become more of while a dragon compared to his time as a boy?
2. What is there a picture of hanging in Lucy and Edmund's room at their aunt and uncles house?
3. What reason does Reepicheep stay with Eustace so often while he is a dragon?
4. What is the name of Chapter 6?
5. What does Eustace find occupying the bottom of the large valley he finds himself at in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
2. What happens when the Dawn Trader is attacked by a sea serpent?
3. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
4. What problems do Caspian and his sailors discuss in regard to traveling with Eustace as a dragon?
5. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
6. How does Eustace say he was turned from a dragon back into a boy?
7. What does Eustace discover in the dragon's cave?
8. What does Lucy recall about her visit to the Lone Islands when she reigned as Queen of Narnia?
9. What happens after Lucy gives the dragon a few drops of her cordial when she sees his leg is hurt?
10. Why does Eustace leave the group at the end of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of fear represented in the book. What might the author be saying about the importance of overcoming one's fears based on this representation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
Arguably the most present theme throughout the book is that of Christianity. Part 1.) How is Christianity a common theme throughout the whole book? Part 2.) What lessons in morals and duty were taught in the book that mirrored the Christian faith? Part 3.) What purpose did the author have for setting such a religious tone in the book?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)