|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to buy Caspian after recognizing him in Chapter 3?
2. What does Eustace demand to happen immediately after he first boards the ship?
3. What causes Eustace to not be able to find his way back to the ship after taking a nap?
4. What is the name of Chapter 3?
5. How many days did it take the travelers to arrive at another island after their time spent on Dragon Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
2. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
3. What happens after Lucy gives the dragon a few drops of her cordial when she sees his leg is hurt?
4. How is Eustace described the first time he is seen in the book?
5. Why does Eustace leave the group at the end of Chapter 5?
6. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
7. How does Lucy react when she first sees Reepicheep in the book?
8. How is the valley that Eustace finds himself in during Chapter 6 described?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What occurs between Eustace and Reepicheep at the end of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)