|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Lucy and Edmund's parents been sent to do that have caused Lucy and Edmund to come stay with their aunt and uncle?
2. What does Eustace find occupying the bottom of the large valley he finds himself at in Chapter 6?
3. What does Eustace find in a cave he enters in Chapter 6?
4. What does Eustace find has happened with the thing occupying the bottom of the large valley in Chapter 6 after he sees it?
5. Who catches Eustace trying to sneak some water in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Lucy gives the dragon a few drops of her cordial when she sees his leg is hurt?
2. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
3. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
4. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
5. What happens when the travelers encounter a group of rough looking men on the Lone Islands?
6. What happens when Reepicheep catches Eustace sneaking water?
7. How does Lucy ease Eustace's seasickness?
8. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of greed in the book. What does Aslan's interference between Edmund and Caspian's argument over greed say about the author's feelings towards the subject?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)