|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustace find he has transformed into after putting on an item he finds in a cave?
2. Who denies Caspian entry to a house in Chapter 4?
3. What does Caspian call the second island the travelers land on in Chapter 8?
4. With what does Caspian summon the people on the ship and order them to meet him on the other side of the island in Chapter 3?
5. What must the men onboard do to make the ship move but are unable to out of exhaustion in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
2. Why does Eustace leave the group at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
4. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Reepicheep catches Eustace sneaking water?
6. How does Lucy ease Eustace's seasickness?
7. How is the small island where the Dawn Trader travels after leaving Dragon Island described?
8. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
9. What occurs between Eustace and Reepicheep at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of divinity as represented in the book. What is telling of the author's view of divinity based on his portrayal of Reepicheep?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
Arguably the most present theme throughout the book is that of Christianity. Part 1.) How is Christianity a common theme throughout the whole book? Part 2.) What lessons in morals and duty were taught in the book that mirrored the Christian faith? Part 3.) What purpose did the author have for setting such a religious tone in the book?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)