|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take the travelers to arrive at another island after their time spent on Dragon Island?
2. What is the name of the islands that Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy they are just outside of in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Chapter 6?
4. What do the three children find themselves standing on the edge of when a picture comes to life?
5. What does Eustace find in a cave and puts it on in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reepicheep catches Eustace sneaking water?
2. What happens when the Dawn Treader sails into a storm after leaving the Lone Islands?
3. How does Lucy react when she first sees Reepicheep in the book?
4. How are the sailing conditions described at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
6. What happens when the travelers encounter a group of rough looking men on the Lone Islands?
7. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
8. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What happens when the Dawn Trader is attacked by a sea serpent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of adventure in the book. What might the author hope for adventure to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Eustace is an interesting character that shows great character growth and bravery in the book. Part 1.) What might the author hope for the reader to learn from Eunace's portrayal? Part 2.) How is Eustace transformed emotionally when he is turned into a dragon? Part 3.) How had Eunace changed from the beginning of the book to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)