|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustace find himself surrounded on three sides by in Chapter 6?
2. What are the travelers preparing for when they notice Eustace's absence?
3. What does Eustace catch for food for the other travelers while he is a dragon?
4. What does Caspian do with Lord Octesian's arm-ring at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does Lucy wish to do to the friend she is excited to see on board ship but chooses to drop to her knee instead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
2. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
3. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Eustace leave the group at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
6. What occurs between Eustace and Reepicheep at the end of Chapter 2?
7. What happens when the Dawn Trader is attacked by a sea serpent?
8. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
9. How are the sailing conditions described at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. What happens when Reepicheep catches Eustace sneaking water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of Eustace being turned into a dragon in the book. What might the author hope for this transformation to represent in terms of character development for Eustace?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of fantasy in the book. What does the use of fantasy help portray and reveal about the book's characters that would have been absent without it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)