|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are there ruins of on the island the travelers visit at the beginning of Chapter 8 that suggests there had been human life there?
2. Who is the person Lucy first recognizes on board a ship that had saved her from the water?
3. What does Eustace find in a cave he enters in Chapter 6?
4. What does Caspian say to do after seeing a dragon fly over the camp in Chapter 6?
5. What does Caspian tell the governor is responsible for paying the island's debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give to explain why Eustace doesn't recognize the dragon living in the valley?
2. How are the sailing conditions described at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How is the small island where the Dawn Trader travels after leaving Dragon Island described?
4. While he is still a dragon, how does Eustace try to tell his group the story of what happened to him?
5. What occurs between Eustace and Reepicheep at the end of Chapter 2?
6. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
7. What does Lucy recall about her visit to the Lone Islands when she reigned as Queen of Narnia?
8. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
9. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
10. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fear represented in the book. What might the author be saying about the importance of overcoming one's fears based on this representation?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)