|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustace find that is perfect to repair the ships broken mast while he is a dragon?
2. How many days does Eustace write in his journal that the storm lasted in Chapter 5?
3. What have Lucy and Edmund's parents been sent to do that have caused Lucy and Edmund to come stay with their aunt and uncle?
4. What does Lucy wish to do to the friend she is excited to see on board ship but chooses to drop to her knee instead?
5. Who offers to buy Caspian after recognizing him in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
2. What happens when the Dawn Trader is attacked by a sea serpent?
3. What happens once Aslan stops Caspian and Edmund from arguing in Chapter 8?
4. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
5. What happens after Lucy gives the dragon a few drops of her cordial when she sees his leg is hurt?
6. What do Caspian and Edmund witness when they go on land to a cliff overlooking a pool in Chapter 8?
7. How does Lucy ease Eustace's seasickness?
8. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
9. What do the townspeople do when Caspian and his men march into the capitol city?
10. How does Eustace say he was turned from a dragon back into a boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of greed in the book. What does Aslan's interference between Edmund and Caspian's argument over greed say about the author's feelings towards the subject?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)