|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustace realize the travelers on the ship wish for him to do with Reepicheep that causes him to apologize to him?
2. Who catches Eustace trying to sneak some water in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the person Lucy first recognizes on board a ship that had saved her from the water?
4. How does Eustace feel after hearing Caspian and his sailors expressing their concern for traveling with a dragon?
5. What is the name of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy react when she first sees Reepicheep in the book?
2. Why does Caspian refuse when Lord Bern asks if he will stay in the Lone Islands?
3. How does Lucy ease Eustace's seasickness?
4. How is the valley that Eustace finds himself in during Chapter 6 described?
5. What happens when the Dawn Treader sails into a storm after leaving the Lone Islands?
6. What occurs when Caspian and the others are taken to a small town on the wharf in Chapter 3?
7. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
8. Why did Reepicheep say he decided to join Caspian on his voyage?
9. How are the sailing conditions described at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy regarding the nature of his journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Eustace is an interesting character that shows great character growth and bravery in the book. Part 1.) What might the author hope for the reader to learn from Eunace's portrayal? Part 2.) How is Eustace transformed emotionally when he is turned into a dragon? Part 3.) How had Eunace changed from the beginning of the book to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)