Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Aslan on a cliff in Chapter 8?
2. What does a stick Edmund places into the pool in Chapter 8 turn into?
3. What is the name of the person who moves the person denying Caspian entry to a house and allows him inside in Chapter 4?
4. What does the group from the ship run into once halfway across the island in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of animal is Reepicheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
2. How does Eustace say he was turned from a dragon back into a boy?
3. What does Lucy do when she finds the magician's book?
4. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
5. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
6. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
7. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
8. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Examine the symbolism of Eustace being turned into a dragon in the book. What might the author hope for this transformation to represent in terms of character development for Eustace?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)