Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Aslan on a cliff in Chapter 8?
2. What does a stick Edmund places into the pool in Chapter 8 turn into?
3. What is the name of the person who moves the person denying Caspian entry to a house and allows him inside in Chapter 4?
4. What does the group from the ship run into once halfway across the island in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of animal is Reepicheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
2. How does Eustace say he was turned from a dragon back into a boy?
3. What does Lucy do when she finds the magician's book?
4. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
5. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
6. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
7. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
8. What does Caspian do when the governor refuses to pay back tributes for the last 100 years?
9. How does the governor treat Caspian when he is brought in the gates in Chapter 4?
10. What does Caspian believe about the arm ring Eustace had put on?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Aslan in the book. In what way might he be considered the God figure in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of Eustace being turned into a dragon in the book. What might the author hope for this transformation to represent in terms of character development for Eustace?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)