|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
Essay Topic 1
When Valpone's plan is eventually revealed to the court, all of the characters involved receive individual and unique punishments. Create a list of the five characters that were involved in Valpone's plan and explain what the punishment for each of the characters was. Then, explain whether or not you believe that the punishments doled out fit the crimes, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, the audience almost always knows more than the characters on stage. Give two examples of times when the audience knows more about the plot of the play than the characters involved, and then explain what kind of relationship is created with the audience when most of the characters in the play are ignorant to the events happening around them.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)