|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
2. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
4. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
5. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Classism is an important theme throughout the play. Explain how classism functions throughout "Valpone" and give the example of one major event in the play that bucked the system of classism. What is the effect of that action on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Valpone pleads with the audience to learn from the mistakes of the characters in the play. Explain what Valpone meant by this statement and give examples of two characters whose lessons could be learned. Finally, explain whether or not it was effective for Valpone to plead with the audience at the end of the play, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Halfway through the play, Mosca is described as parasite rather than a servant. Explain what it means to be a parasite in the text of this play and argue whether or not this is a fair assessment of Mosca's character.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)