|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
2. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
3. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
4. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
5. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Many of the characters in this play are characterized by their greed, although it is not always a greed of money. Create a list of three things that characters in this play are greedy for, and then choose one character that you think best exemplifies this type of greed and explain why.
Essay Topic 2When Valpone's plan is eventually revealed to the court, all of the characters involved receive individual and unique punishments. Create a list of the five characters that were involved in Valpone's plan and explain what the punishment for each of the characters was. Then, explain whether or not you believe that the punishments doled out fit the crimes, and why.
Essay Topic 3Halfway through the play, Mosca is described as parasite rather than a servant. Explain what it means to be a parasite in the text of this play and argue whether or not this is a fair assessment of Mosca's character.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)