|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
2. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
3. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
4. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
5. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, the audience almost always knows more than the characters on stage. Give two examples of times when the audience knows more about the plot of the play than the characters involved, and then explain what kind of relationship is created with the audience when most of the characters in the play are ignorant to the events happening around them.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
Essay Topic 3
When Valpone's plan is eventually revealed to the court, all of the characters involved receive individual and unique punishments. Create a list of the five characters that were involved in Valpone's plan and explain what the punishment for each of the characters was. Then, explain whether or not you believe that the punishments doled out fit the crimes, and why.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)