Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
There are many items in the play that are worshiped by the characters and revered almost as if they are religious artifacts. Choose two items in the play that are not religious and explain how these items are revered by characters in the play. How does Jonson create a sense of religion around items that are not religious?
There is a strict caste system in the world in which Valpone resides. Describe each of the levels of the caste system, who lives in each level, and how the levels can be identified by the audience, either through reading the text or watching a production of the play on stage.
Valpone has two main women in his life, Celia and Lady Would-Be. Briefly describe each woman and explain her relationship with Valpone. Then, describe the ways that they each act to alter Valpone's life and death.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)