Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
Many of the characters in this play are characterized by their greed, although it is not always a greed of money. Create a list of three things that characters in this play are greedy for, and then choose one character that you think best exemplifies this type of greed and explain why.
There are many items in the play that are worshiped by the characters and revered almost as if they are religious artifacts. Choose two items in the play that are not religious and explain how these items are revered by characters in the play. How does Jonson create a sense of religion around items that are not religious?
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)