|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
2. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
3. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
4. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
5. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in this play are characterized by their greed, although it is not always a greed of money. Create a list of three things that characters in this play are greedy for, and then choose one character that you think best exemplifies this type of greed and explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Venice is the setting of the entire play, and a setting that holds a lot of symbolic value in the text. Briefly describe the setting of Venice and the lifestyle that Venice affords to the characters in the play. Explain whether or not you believe Venice to be an appropriate setting for Valpone's tale, and why.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)