Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
Essay Topic 1
Classism is an important theme throughout the play. Explain how classism functions throughout "Valpone" and give the example of one major event in the play that bucked the system of classism. What is the effect of that action on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
The truth of Valpone's plan is eventually revealed through a series of events that lead to Valpone's demise. Explain how the court system eventually found out about Valpone's deceit and what effect it had on the court cases that were being tried at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Many critics of Jonson's play argue that Jonson, as the narrator and creator of the play, is an arrogant and boastful author. Describe two moments in which Jonson appears arrogant, and argue whether or not you agree with the critics based on the two examples provided. What motivations might Jonson have for creating an arrogant persona as the narrator of this play?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)