|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
2. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
3. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
4. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
5. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, the audience almost always knows more than the characters on stage. Give two examples of times when the audience knows more about the plot of the play than the characters involved, and then explain what kind of relationship is created with the audience when most of the characters in the play are ignorant to the events happening around them.
Essay Topic 3
Valpone has two main women in his life, Celia and Lady Would-Be. Briefly describe each woman and explain her relationship with Valpone. Then, describe the ways that they each act to alter Valpone's life and death.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)