|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
4. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
5. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
Essay Topic 2
The truth of Valpone's plan is eventually revealed through a series of events that lead to Valpone's demise. Explain how the court system eventually found out about Valpone's deceit and what effect it had on the court cases that were being tried at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Venice is the setting of the entire play, and a setting that holds a lot of symbolic value in the text. Briefly describe the setting of Venice and the lifestyle that Venice affords to the characters in the play. Explain whether or not you believe Venice to be an appropriate setting for Valpone's tale, and why.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)