|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
2. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
3. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
4. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
5. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valpone has two main women in his life, Celia and Lady Would-Be. Briefly describe each woman and explain her relationship with Valpone. Then, describe the ways that they each act to alter Valpone's life and death.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)