|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
2. Which legacy hunters does Mosca meet in the streets as he is celebrating?
3. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
4. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
5. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The truth of Valpone's plan is eventually revealed through a series of events that lead to Valpone's demise. Explain how the court system eventually found out about Valpone's deceit and what effect it had on the court cases that were being tried at that time.
Essay Topic 2
Classism is an important theme throughout the play. Explain how classism functions throughout "Valpone" and give the example of one major event in the play that bucked the system of classism. What is the effect of that action on the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)