|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
2. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
3. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
4. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
5. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poetry is an important theme throughout the novel as it shows the level of education that many of the characters have, and there are many examples of times that poetry is used in the speech of the characters. Give two examples of poems that are used throughout the text of the play and explain how that poem is used to characterize the speaker to the audience.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 3
Classism is an important theme throughout the play. Explain how classism functions throughout "Valpone" and give the example of one major event in the play that bucked the system of classism. What is the effect of that action on the characters of the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)