|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
2. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
3. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
4. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the characters in the novel have an animal that is associated with their names. Choose two characters in the play and explain the animal that is associated with their names. Then, explain whether or not you believe this animal to be an appropriate association with the character, and why.
Essay Topic 2
There are many items in the play that are worshiped by the characters and revered almost as if they are religious artifacts. Choose two items in the play that are not religious and explain how these items are revered by characters in the play. How does Jonson create a sense of religion around items that are not religious?
Essay Topic 3
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)