|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
2. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
3. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
4. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
5. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Valpone pleads with the audience to learn from the mistakes of the characters in the play. Explain what Valpone meant by this statement and give examples of two characters whose lessons could be learned. Finally, explain whether or not it was effective for Valpone to plead with the audience at the end of the play, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Poetry is an important theme throughout the novel as it shows the level of education that many of the characters have, and there are many examples of times that poetry is used in the speech of the characters. Give two examples of poems that are used throughout the text of the play and explain how that poem is used to characterize the speaker to the audience.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)