|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
2. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
3. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
4. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
5. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 2
Most of the characters in the novel have an animal that is associated with their names. Choose two characters in the play and explain the animal that is associated with their names. Then, explain whether or not you believe this animal to be an appropriate association with the character, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Valpone spends most of the time in the play pretending to be ill. Give examples of three ways that Valpone pretends to be ill and what the reaction to his devices are. Why is it important to Valpone's plan that the legacy hunters believe that he is really ill?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)