Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
Essay Topic 1
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone spends most of the time in the play pretending to be ill. Give examples of three ways that Valpone pretends to be ill and what the reaction to his devices are. Why is it important to Valpone's plan that the legacy hunters believe that he is really ill?
Essay Topic 3
There is a strict caste system in the world in which Valpone resides. Describe each of the levels of the caste system, who lives in each level, and how the levels can be identified by the audience, either through reading the text or watching a production of the play on stage.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)