|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
2. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
3. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
4. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Valpone play in his own court case?
2. How does Nano attempt to entertain Valpone when he comes to visit?
3. Why do Corbaccio, Voltore, and Mosca head to the courts to press charges?
4. How does Valpone's behavior change once Voltore has left his sick room?
5. How does Lady Would-Be treat Peregrine when she intercepts his conversation with Sir Politic?
6. How does Corbaccio enter the scene when he comes to visit with Valpone?
7. What happens when Bonario overhears Valpone threatening to rape Celia?
8. What do Mosca and Corvino discuss when they think Valpone cannot hear them?
9. How does Valpone react to Mosca's torment of Voltore?
10. How does Valpone feel about his accrued wealth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halfway through the play, Mosca is described as parasite rather than a servant. Explain what it means to be a parasite in the text of this play and argue whether or not this is a fair assessment of Mosca's character.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)