|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
2. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
3. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
4. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
5. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Valpone's heir?
2. How do the courts find out that Valpone is a liar?
3. What do Sir Political Would be and Peregrine discuss when they meet outside Corvino's home?
4. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
5. Who is Celia and what is Valpone's reaction to her?
6. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore, and for what purpose?
7. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
8. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
9. How does Valpone feel about his accrued wealth?
10. How does Corbaccio enter the scene when he comes to visit with Valpone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The truth of Valpone's plan is eventually revealed through a series of events that lead to Valpone's demise. Explain how the court system eventually found out about Valpone's deceit and what effect it had on the court cases that were being tried at that time.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone has three main suitors who seek to work their way into Valpone's will. Describe each of the three suitors and explain each of their methods for attempting to woo Valpone.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in this play are characterized by their greed, although it is not always a greed of money. Create a list of three things that characters in this play are greedy for, and then choose one character that you think best exemplifies this type of greed and explain why.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)