Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
5. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
2. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
3. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
4. Why do Corbaccio, Voltore, and Mosca head to the courts to press charges?
5. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
6. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. What plot does Mosca attempt to trick Corvino into joining with him, and what is Corvino's reaction?
9. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
10. How does Valpone react to the final verdict in the court room?
Essay Topic 1
Poetry is an important theme throughout the novel as it shows the level of education that many of the characters have, and there are many examples of times that poetry is used in the speech of the characters. Give two examples of poems that are used throughout the text of the play and explain how that poem is used to characterize the speaker to the audience.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in this play are characterized by their greed, although it is not always a greed of money. Create a list of three things that characters in this play are greedy for, and then choose one character that you think best exemplifies this type of greed and explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)