Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
5. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
2. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
3. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
4. Why do Corbaccio, Voltore, and Mosca head to the courts to press charges?
5. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
6. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. What plot does Mosca attempt to trick Corvino into joining with him, and what is Corvino's reaction?
9. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
10. How does Valpone react to the final verdict in the court room?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the play spend time on the stage in disguise. Explain two disguises that were used by characters in the play and what effect the disguises had on the plot of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Valpone's deception of the legacy hunters is a very broad and winding plan that takes more shape than what he first planned. Explain what Valpone's initial plan of deceit was and how the plan took shape as they play progressed.
Essay Topic 3
There are many items in the play that are worshiped by the characters and revered almost as if they are religious artifacts. Choose two items in the play that are not religious and explain how these items are revered by characters in the play. How does Jonson create a sense of religion around items that are not religious?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)