|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Next to Valpone's ear.
(b) Against Valpone's temple.
(c) Into Valpone's hand.
(d) Against Valpone's heart.
2. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The sick room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The sitting room.
3. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shake.
(b) He begins to swear.
(c) He begins to sing.
(d) He begins to shout.
4. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
(c) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
5. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(b) He does not even know that they exist.
(c) He has made small provisions for them.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
2. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
5. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peregrine exact his revenge against Sir Politic?
2. How do Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine react to the scene of the medicine man's arrival?
3. Who is Voltoro?
4. Why do Corbaccio, Voltore, and Mosca head to the courts to press charges?
5. What plan does Sir Politic entrust with Peregrine after discussing how to become a gentleman in Venice?
6. How does Valpone's behavior change once Voltore has left his sick room?
7. What deductions about Sir Political Would-Be's character does Peregrine make during their conversation about travel?
8. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
9. What plot does Mosca attempt to trick Corvino into joining with him, and what is Corvino's reaction?
10. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)