|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His financial status.
(b) His health.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His name.
2. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
(a) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is deeply saddened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is apathetic.
4. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) The feather from his hat.
(b) His watch.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) His silver shoestrings.
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
2. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
4. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
5. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
2. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing he can do to help save Valpone's life?
3. How does Celia react when she figures out her husband's plan to work his way into Valpone's will?
4. What plot does Mosca attempt to trick Corvino into joining with him, and what is Corvino's reaction?
5. How does Peregrine treat Sir Political Would-Be once he realizes that the man is gullible?
6. How does the audience know that Corbaccio's hearing is failing?
7. How does Mosca get Lady Political Would-Be to leave Valpone's home so they can discuss finances?
8. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
9. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
10. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)