|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(b) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
2. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His business partner.
3. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He refuses the gift.
(b) He is pleased with the gift.
(c) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(d) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
4. Who is married to Celia?
5. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) The feather from his hat.
(d) His silver shoestrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
3. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mosca react to the news that he has been named as Valpone's heir?
2. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
3. What is Valpone's punishment for misleading the courts?
4. How does Valpone elicit Celia to throw down her handkerchief?
5. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
6. What is the setting of this play?
7. Who is Voltoro?
8. How do the courts find out that Valpone is a liar?
9. What plan does Mosca hatch to get Corbaccio into Valpone's will?
10. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)