|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a jester.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
3. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's brother.
(b) He is Valpone's business partner.
(c) He is Valpone's son.
(d) He is Valpone's assistant.
4. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His voice.
(b) His sight.
(c) His memory.
(d) His hearing.
5. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(b) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(c) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
2. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
3. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
4. Who is married to Celia?
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corvino punish Celia for her conversations with the Medicine Man?
2. How do Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine react to the scene of the medicine man's arrival?
3. What deductions about Sir Political Would-Be's character does Peregrine make during their conversation about travel?
4. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore, and for what purpose?
5. How does Valpone respond to the news that Voltoro has come to pay him a visit?
6. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
7. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
8. In his soliloquy to the audience, what realizations about himself does Mosca make?
9. How does Nano attempt to entertain Valpone when he comes to visit?
10. What type of boasting does Jonson express in his Prologue of the play?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)