|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The library.
(d) The sick room.
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(b) He has no children.
(c) He has five children.
(d) He has one child.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1800's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1700's.
(d) The 1600's.
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A vial of medicine.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A new puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
2. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
3. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corbaccio's arrival at Valpone's home after Bonario has left open the door for a new plan to hatch in their scheme to disinherit Corbaccio's son?
2. What role do Nano and Mosca play in Valpone's hopes of visiting with Celia?
3. How does Mosca react to the news that Valpone has been found out as a liar?
4. What type of acrostic does Jonson employ in his Prologue?
5. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
6. How does Peregrine exact his revenge against Sir Politic?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
9. What deductions about Sir Political Would-Be's character does Peregrine make during their conversation about travel?
10. What con is Valpone pulling over the Venetian businessmen?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)