|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He does not even know that they exist.
(b) He has made small provisions for them.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(b) Lady Political Would-Be.
(c) Sir Political Would-Be.
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) An opal and an amethyst.
(b) A sapphire and a garnet.
(c) A pearl and a diamond.
(d) An emerald and a ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
2. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
3. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
4. What does Voltore do for a living?
5. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
2. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
3. How does Mosca get Lady Political Would-Be to leave Valpone's home so they can discuss finances?
4. How does Corvino punish Celia for her conversations with the Medicine Man?
5. What role does Valpone play in his own court case?
6. How does Mosca react to the news that he has been named as Valpone's heir?
7. How do the courts find out that Valpone is a liar?
8. How does Valpone react to Mosca's torment of Voltore?
9. What is Valpone's punishment for misleading the courts?
10. How are Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno defined in the text?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)