|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a hermaphrodite.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
4. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their gloves.
(b) Their scarves.
(c) Their hankerchiefs.
(d) Their hats.
5. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(b) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
3. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
4. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
5. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
2. How does Peregrine treat Sir Political Would-Be once he realizes that the man is gullible?
3. How does Valpone feel about his accrued wealth?
4. When Mosca converses with Corvino, what does he tell him has begun to cure Valpone's ailments?
5. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
6. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
7. What plan does Mosca hatch to get Corbaccio into Valpone's will?
8. What role do Nano and Mosca play in Valpone's hopes of visiting with Celia?
9. What do Mosca and Corvino discuss when they think Valpone cannot hear them?
10. What type of dedication does Jonson use in the opening of his Prologue?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)