|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
3. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(b) Wise men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
3. How many children does Valpone have?
4. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corbaccio's arrival at Valpone's home after Bonario has left open the door for a new plan to hatch in their scheme to disinherit Corbaccio's son?
2. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
3. How do Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine react to the scene of the medicine man's arrival?
4. Who is Valpone's heir?
5. What role do Nano and Mosca play in Valpone's hopes of visiting with Celia?
6. What is the setting of this play?
7. In his soliloquy to the audience, what realizations about himself does Mosca make?
8. How does Valpone respond to the news that Voltoro has come to pay him a visit?
9. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing he can do to help save Valpone's life?
10. Who is Voltoro?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)