|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As heroes.
(b) As fools.
(c) As quacks.
(d) As deceivers.
2. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His health.
(c) His youth.
(d) His disguise.
3. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A salve.
(b) A powder.
(c) A pill.
(d) A cream.
4. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
5. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Nano and Androgyno.
(b) Androgyno and Castrone.
(c) Mosco and Nano.
(d) Castrone and Mosco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
2. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
5. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deductions about Sir Political Would-Be's character does Peregrine make during their conversation about travel?
2. What con is Valpone pulling over the Venetian businessmen?
3. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
4. How does Corvino punish Celia for her conversations with the Medicine Man?
5. How does Corbaccio's arrival at Valpone's home after Bonario has left open the door for a new plan to hatch in their scheme to disinherit Corbaccio's son?
6. Who is Celia and what is Valpone's reaction to her?
7. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
8. How does Valpone respond to the news that Voltoro has come to pay him a visit?
9. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
10. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing he can do to help save Valpone's life?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)