|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(b) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
(c) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
(d) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to make friends with foreigners.
(b) How to save money during travel.
(c) How to survive in a strange city.
(d) How to be an expert traveler.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Seven weeks.
5. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their salaries.
(b) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(c) For their cunning.
(d) For their compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
4. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
5. In what country does Valpone live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno defined in the text?
2. How does Peregrine treat Sir Political Would-Be once he realizes that the man is gullible?
3. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
4. Who is Valpone's heir?
5. What deductions about Sir Political Would-Be's character does Peregrine make during their conversation about travel?
6. Who is Sir Political Would-Be?
7. What con is Valpone pulling over the Venetian businessmen?
8. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
9. How does the audience know that Corbaccio's hearing is failing?
10. What role do Nano and Mosca play in Valpone's hopes of visiting with Celia?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)