|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to make friends with foreigners.
(b) How to save money during travel.
(c) How to be an expert traveler.
(d) How to survive in a strange city.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
3. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he is a con man by trade.
(b) That he thinks he will die soon.
(c) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
4. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a dwarf.
5. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
2. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
3. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
4. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mosca get Lady Political Would-Be to leave Valpone's home so they can discuss finances?
2. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
3. How does Mosca react to the news that Valpone has been found out as a liar?
4. What type of boasting does Jonson express in his Prologue of the play?
5. Why does Jonson lay out the entire plot of his play for the audience?
6. When Mosca converses with Corvino, what does he tell him has begun to cure Valpone's ailments?
7. What happens when Voltore overhears Corbaccio and Mosca discussing Valpone's will?
8. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
9. What is the setting of this play?
10. Who is Celia and what is Valpone's reaction to her?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)