|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
2. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He ignores Mosca completely
(d) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a philosopher.
(d) He is a con man.
4. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
5. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
2. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
4. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
5. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Mosca hatch to get Corbaccio into Valpone's will?
2. What do Sir Political Would be and Peregrine discuss when they meet outside Corvino's home?
3. What type of boasting does Jonson express in his Prologue of the play?
4. Who is Sir Political Would-Be?
5. What is Valpone's punishment for misleading the courts?
6. What is the setting of this play?
7. How is Valpone wounded after his visit with Celia?
8. How does Valpone's behavior change once Voltore has left his sick room?
9. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
10. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing he can do to help save Valpone's life?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)