|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
2. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A brass candelabra.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A gold plate.
(d) A silver cup.
4. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(d) Expensive gifts.
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a jester.
(d) He is a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
3. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
5. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
2. How does Mosca react to the news that Valpone has been found out as a liar?
3. What role do Nano and Mosca play in Valpone's hopes of visiting with Celia?
4. Who is Voltoro?
5. In his soliloquy to the audience, what realizations about himself does Mosca make?
6. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
7. How do Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine react to the scene of the medicine man's arrival?
8. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Valpone has died?
9. Who is Sir Political Would-Be?
10. Who is Valpone's heir?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)