|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
(a) He is pleased to see him.
(b) He ignores Sir Politic completely.
(c) He is annoyed with their conversation.
(d) He is afraid of Sir Politic's temper.
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(b) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(c) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(d) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the bank.
(b) In his home.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
4. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Valpone play in his own court case?
2. What con is Valpone pulling over the Venetian businessmen?
3. Who is Valpone's heir?
4. How does Valpone react to Mosca's torment of Voltore?
5. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
6. How does Peregrine exact his revenge against Sir Politic?
7. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
8. How does Valpone's behavior change once Voltore has left his sick room?
9. How does Corvino punish Celia for her conversations with the Medicine Man?
10. How does Mosca get Lady Political Would-Be to leave Valpone's home so they can discuss finances?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)