|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
2. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His youth.
(b) His family.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His speech.
3. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
4. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To entertain him.
(b) To woo him.
(c) To fight him.
(d) To beg from him.
5. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's son.
(b) He is Valpone's assistant.
(c) He is Valpone's business partner.
(d) He is Valpone's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
2. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
4. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
5. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corbaccio's arrival at Valpone's home after Bonario has left open the door for a new plan to hatch in their scheme to disinherit Corbaccio's son?
2. How does Valpone feel about his accrued wealth?
3. How do Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine react to the scene of the medicine man's arrival?
4. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
5. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Valpone has died?
6. How does Mosca react to the news that Valpone has been found out as a liar?
7. What plan does Sir Politic entrust with Peregrine after discussing how to become a gentleman in Venice?
8. How does the audience know that Corbaccio's hearing is failing?
9. What do Sir Political Would be and Peregrine discuss when they meet outside Corvino's home?
10. When Mosca converses with Corvino, what does he tell him has begun to cure Valpone's ailments?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)