|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
(b) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(c) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
(d) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(d) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
4. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A war.
(b) A feast.
(c) A party.
(d) A ball.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
2. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
3. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
4. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
5. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
2. When Mosca converses with Corvino, what does he tell him has begun to cure Valpone's ailments?
3. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
4. How does Valpone react to the final verdict in the court room?
5. How does Corvino punish Celia for her conversations with the Medicine Man?
6. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Valpone has died?
7. What do Mosca and Corvino discuss when they think Valpone cannot hear them?
8. How does Corbaccio enter the scene when he comes to visit with Valpone?
9. What role does Valpone play in his own court case?
10. How does Nano attempt to entertain Valpone when he comes to visit?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)