|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An obituary.
(b) An epitaph.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
2. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His sick clothes.
(b) His old school uniform.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) His riding clothes.
3. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(b) Wise men.
4. Who is married to Celia?
5. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
2. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
4. What does Voltore do for a living?
5. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
2. Who is Sir Political Would-Be?
3. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
4. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
5. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
6. What plan does Sir Politic entrust with Peregrine after discussing how to become a gentleman in Venice?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. What type of dedication does Jonson use in the opening of his Prologue?
9. What role does Valpone play in his own court case?
10. In his soliloquy to the audience, what realizations about himself does Mosca make?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)