|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1700's.
(b) The 1800's.
(c) The 1600's.
(d) The 1500's.
2. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A fly.
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is a philosopher.
(d) He is an artist.
4. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(b) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(c) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(d) How much Valpone lies to the world.
5. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
2. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
3. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
4. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
5. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bonario overhears Valpone threatening to rape Celia?
2. How does Mosca react to the news that he has been named as Valpone's heir?
3. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
4. How do the courts find out that Valpone is a liar?
5. What type of dedication does Jonson use in the opening of his Prologue?
6. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
7. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
8. How does Nano attempt to entertain Valpone when he comes to visit?
9. What happens when Bonario snubs Mosca on the streets?
10. Who is Sir Political Would-Be?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)