|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's business partner.
(b) He is Valpone's brother.
(c) He is Valpone's son.
(d) He is Valpone's assistant.
2. What is an acrostic?
(a) A type of fabric.
(b) A weapon.
(c) An insect.
(d) A poem.
3. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
4. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
5. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
2. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
5. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of acrostic does Jonson employ in his Prologue?
2. What is the reaction of the legacy hunters when they hear that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
3. What plan does Mosca hatch to get Corbaccio into Valpone's will?
4. How does Sir Politic react to the gossip that Peregrine is spreading about him?
5. How do the courts find out that Valpone is a liar?
6. Why does Jonson lay out the entire plot of his play for the audience?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. How does Mosca get Lady Political Would-Be to leave Valpone's home so they can discuss finances?
9. How does Mosca react to the news that he has been named as Valpone's heir?
10. Who is Celia and what is Valpone's reaction to her?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)