|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a jester.
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to the lake.
(d) To go to the grocer.
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To entertain him.
(d) To beg from him.
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
(a) With a curtain.
(b) With bricks.
(c) With stone.
(d) With bars.
5. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He has made small provisions for them.
(b) He does not even know that they exist.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
2. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does Voltore draw against Bonario?
2. What gifts does Corbaccio bring to Valpone when he visits?
3. How does Corvino respond to the Medicine Man's presence in his home?
4. Why do Corbaccio, Voltore, and Mosca head to the courts to press charges?
5. What case does Voltore draw against Celia?
6. How does Valpone feel about Lady Political Would-Be?
7. What does Mosca confess to Voltore when he is showing him out of Valpone's room?
8. What plot does Mosca attempt to trick Corvino into joining with him, and what is Corvino's reaction?
9. How does Corvino react to Valpone's physical state when he enters the room during their first visit?
10. How does Valpone react to the final verdict in the court room?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)