|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A priest.
(b) A school boy.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A nun.
2. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
3. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
5. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
6. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
7. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
8. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
9. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
10. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are amused.
11. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(c) Lady Politic.
12. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so healthy.
(b) Because he is so young.
(c) Because he is so wealthy.
(d) Because he is so handsome.
13. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
14. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
15. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A hero.
(b) A monster.
(c) A knave.
(d) A disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
2. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
3. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
5. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)