|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(a) Valpone, himself.
2. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are understanding.
3. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
4. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A disappointment.
(b) A hero.
(c) A knave.
(d) A monster.
5. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(c) Lady Political Would-Be.
6. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to cough.
(b) He begins to tremble.
(c) He begins to blush.
(d) He begins to cry.
7. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With carrots.
(b) With beets.
(c) With potatoes.
(d) With onions.
8. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
(a) They are deeply saddened.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are apathetic.
9. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her chastity.
10. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
11. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the study.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) In the gallery.
12. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
13. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
14. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
(a) Away to Mexico.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Up the mountain.
(d) Off to France.
15. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Her brother's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Their child's.
(d) A slave's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
3. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
4. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
5. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)