|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(d) Valpone, himself.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the characters sent into town to revel in Valpone's new heir?
3. Why does Mosca say Bonario injured Valpone?
(a) In a fight for Celia's affections.
(b) In an attempted robbery.
(c) In an act of revenge for being disinherited.
(d) To protect Celia's honor.
4. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
5. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
(c) Lady Politic.
6. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With beets.
(b) With onions.
(c) With carrots.
(d) With potatoes.
7. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he is afraid of his father.
(b) Because he does not want to miss the action.
(c) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(d) Because he does not trust Mosca.
8. Which type of fish does Sir Politic hope to supply to Italy?
9. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
10. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
11. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her chastity.
(d) Her beauty.
12. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
13. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
14. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A school boy.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A priest.
(d) A nun.
15. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to blush.
(b) He begins to cough.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He begins to tremble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mosca congratulate the legacy hunters on?
2. What type of trap does Mosca set for Valpone?
3. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
4. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
5. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)