|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
2. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
3. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to tremble.
(b) He begins to blush.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He begins to cough.
4. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
5. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
6. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A virus.
(d) A parasite.
7. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are outraged.
8. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(c) Lady Political Would-Be.
9. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
(c) Sir Politic.
10. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the face.
(b) In the legs.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the arms.
11. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(b) Lady Politic.
12. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the smoking room.
(b) In the gallery.
(c) In the study.
(d) In the library.
13. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
15. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(b) Hunting boxes.
(c) Jewelry boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
2. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
3. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
4. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
5. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)