|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
(a) They are deeply saddened.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are amused.
2. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A hero.
(b) A monster.
(c) A knave.
(d) A disappointment.
3. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
4. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
5. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
7. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
(a) Off to France.
(b) Up the mountain.
(c) Away to Mexico.
(d) Out to sea.
8. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
9. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The curtains.
(b) The jewels.
(c) The keys.
(d) The vault.
10. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(d) Valpone, himself.
11. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
12. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
(a) Sir Political Would-Be.
(c) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
13. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels confused.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels proud.
14. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(b) Bubonic plague.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
15. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
2. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
3. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
4. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
5. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)