|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
(a) Androgyno's skills.
(b) Mosca's skills.
(c) Nano's skills.
(d) Valpone's skills.
2. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
3. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
4. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her chastity.
(d) Her marriage.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
7. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
8. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Their child's.
(d) Her brother's.
9. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
10. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A virus.
(d) A parasite.
11. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
12. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
13. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
14. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A priest.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A school boy.
(d) A nun.
15. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
(b) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
(c) Sir Political Would-Be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
2. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
3. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
4. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
5. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)