|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(b) Because he is afraid of his father.
(c) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
2. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
(a) Nano and Castrone.
(b) Nano and Androgyno.
(c) Androgyno and Mosca.
(d) Mosca and Castrone.
3. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
(a) Because of the treatment of his servants.
(b) Because of his financial standing.
(c) Because of his treatment of his wife.
(d) Because of his plots against Valpone.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
(a) He wants to be active again.
(b) He believes his symptoms are coming true.
(c) He is tired of pretending.
(d) He feels that being sick is no longer believable.
5. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
(c) Sir Political Would-Be.
(d) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
6. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Their child's.
(b) A slave's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Her mother's.
7. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her chastity.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her beauty.
8. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
9. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The keys.
(b) The vault.
(c) The jewels.
(d) The curtains.
10. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He is rewarded for standing up to Valpone.
(c) He is given a hefty fine.
(d) He is disbarred.
11. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
12. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels confused.
13. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
14. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
(b) Lady Politic.
15. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
2. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
3. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
4. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
5. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)