|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not want to miss the action.
(b) Because he is afraid of his father.
(c) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(d) Because he does not trust Mosca.
2. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are amused.
3. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
(c) Three times.
4. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Sell his house.
(b) Locate his wife.
(c) Burn his papers.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
5. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(b) Valpone, himself.
6. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
(a) Mosca's skills.
(b) Nano's skills.
(c) Androgyno's skills.
(d) Valpone's skills.
7. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
(a) He is disbarred.
(b) He is rewarded for standing up to Valpone.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He is given a hefty fine.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
9. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A nun.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A school boy.
10. Which type of fish does Sir Politic hope to supply to Italy?
11. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
12. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
(a) He feels equal to them.
(b) Mosca is Valpone's only servant.
(c) He feels worse than them.
(d) He feels better than them.
13. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A sea turtle.
(d) A zebra.
14. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
(a) A virus.
(b) A parasite.
(c) An amoeba.
(d) A mosquito.
15. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
2. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
4. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
5. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)