|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(b) Hunting boxes.
(d) Jewelry boxes.
3. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
(a) Three times.
4. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
5. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A sea turtle.
6. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(b) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(c) Because he does not want to miss the action.
(d) Because he is afraid of his father.
7. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(a) Lady Political Would-Be.
8. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
9. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
(a) The lawyers.
(b) The judge.
(c) The balif.
(d) The notary.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
11. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the smoking room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the gallery.
(d) In the study.
12. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
(a) He is disbarred.
(b) He is rewarded for standing up to Valpone.
(c) He is given a hefty fine.
(d) He is executed.
13. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
14. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The jewels.
(b) The curtains.
(c) The keys.
(d) The vault.
15. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(c) Lady Political Would-Be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
2. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
4. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
5. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)