|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
2. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
(a) The lawyers.
(b) The judge.
(c) The balif.
(d) The notary.
3. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
(a) He believes his symptoms are coming true.
(b) He is tired of pretending.
(c) He feels that being sick is no longer believable.
(d) He wants to be active again.
6. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Locate his wife.
(b) Sell his house.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Burn his papers.
7. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
8. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(b) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(c) Because he is afraid of his father.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
9. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
10. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A beggar.
11. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the arms.
(b) In the heart.
(c) In the face.
(d) In the legs.
12. How does Mosca suggest Valpone deal with things now that he has been found out as a liar?
(a) He suggests that Valpone kill himself.
(b) He suggests that Valpone kill Corvino.
(c) He suggests that Valpone kill Celia.
(d) He suggests that Valpone kill Bonario.
13. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Their child's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A slave's.
14. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mosca congratulate the legacy hunters on?
2. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
3. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
4. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
5. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)