|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
2. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
3. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
(a) He thinks he did a marvelous job.
(b) He thinks he did a mediocre job.
(c) He thinks he did an adequate job.
(d) He thinks he did a poor job.
4. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
5. What type of trap does Mosca set for Valpone?
(a) A turtle trap.
(b) A fox trap.
(c) A monkey trap.
(d) A bear trap.
6. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
7. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
8. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
(a) A parasite.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A virus.
(d) A mosquito.
9. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Their child's.
(d) Her brother's.
10. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the gallery.
(b) In the smoking room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the study.
11. Who convinces Corbaccio that since Bonario has become violent, it is the time to disinherit him?
12. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
(c) Lady Politic.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the characters sent into town to revel in Valpone's new heir?
14. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(d) Lady Politic.
15. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With onions.
(b) With beets.
(c) With potatoes.
(d) With carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Valpone's scuffle with Bonario, who does he assume is at the door when there is a knock?
2. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
3. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
5. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)