|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Bubonic plague.
(d) Chicken pox.
2. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A nun.
(d) A school boy.
3. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
4. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
5. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the study.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) In the gallery.
6. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
7. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
(a) Nano and Androgyno.
(b) Nano and Castrone.
(c) Mosca and Castrone.
(d) Androgyno and Mosca.
8. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
9. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the legs.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the arms.
10. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
12. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Away to Mexico.
(c) Up the mountain.
(d) Off to France.
13. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are amused.
14. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
15. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
(a) He is given a hefty fine.
(b) He is disbarred.
(c) He is rewarded for standing up to Valpone.
(d) He is executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
2. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
3. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
5. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)