|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
2. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the study.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the gallery.
(d) In the smoking room.
3. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so young.
(b) Because he is so handsome.
(c) Because he is so wealthy.
(d) Because he is so healthy.
4. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
5. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her chastity.
6. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
7. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
8. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
10. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the legs.
(b) In the heart.
(c) In the arms.
(d) In the face.
11. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
12. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
(a) He is given a hefty fine.
(b) He is disbarred.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He is rewarded for standing up to Valpone.
13. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
(a) Mosca is Valpone's only servant.
(b) He feels worse than them.
(c) He feels better than them.
(d) He feels equal to them.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(a) Lady Political Would-Be.
15. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
(d) Lady Politic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
2. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
3. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
4. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)