|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
2. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
3. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
4. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(c) Lady Politic.
5. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
6. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A sea turtle.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A bear.
7. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the legs.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the arms.
(d) In the heart.
8. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
9. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
10. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(c) Hunting boxes.
(d) Jewelry boxes.
11. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
13. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are disappointed.
14. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
(c) Sir Politic.
15. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
(a) Because of his financial standing.
(b) Because of his treatment of his wife.
(c) Because of his plots against Valpone.
(d) Because of the treatment of his servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
2. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
4. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
5. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)