|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
2. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(b) Because he is afraid of his father.
(c) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
3. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
4. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
5. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
(a) Nano and Castrone.
(b) Androgyno and Mosca.
(c) Mosca and Castrone.
(d) Nano and Androgyno.
6. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
(a) Sir Political Would-Be.
(c) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
7. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her chastity.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her marriage.
8. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The keys.
(b) The curtains.
(c) The jewels.
(d) The vault.
9. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the arms.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the legs.
10. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(c) Valpone, himself.
11. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With potatoes.
(b) With beets.
(c) With carrots.
(d) With onions.
12. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A bear.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A sea turtle.
13. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
14. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A school boy.
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
15. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
Short Answer Questions
1. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
2. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
3. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
4. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
5. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)