|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the legs.
(b) In the arms.
(c) In the face.
(d) In the heart.
2. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
3. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
4. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
5. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The curtains.
(b) The keys.
(c) The jewels.
(d) The vault.
6. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
7. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
(a) He thinks he did an adequate job.
(b) He thinks he did a marvelous job.
(c) He thinks he did a mediocre job.
(d) He thinks he did a poor job.
8. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
9. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
10. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
11. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
(a) Lady Politic.
12. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the gallery.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) In the study.
13. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are amused.
14. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her chastity.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her beauty.
15. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
2. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
3. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
4. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
5. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)