|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
(a) A parasite.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A virus.
(d) An amoeba.
2. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
4. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A sea turtle.
5. Why does Mosca say Bonario injured Valpone?
(a) In an attempted robbery.
(b) In a fight for Celia's affections.
(c) To protect Celia's honor.
(d) In an act of revenge for being disinherited.
6. After Valpone's scuffle with Bonario, who does he assume is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) Corbaccio looking for his son.
(b) Corvino looking for his wife.
(c) Bonario returning for more.
(d) Police officers.
7. What type of trap does Mosca set for Valpone?
(a) A fox trap.
(b) A turtle trap.
(c) A bear trap.
(d) A monkey trap.
8. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
(a) Sir Politic.
9. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
10. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
11. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
(a) The lawyers.
(b) The judge.
(c) The balif.
(d) The notary.
12. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Their child's.
13. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
14. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(a) Valpone, himself.
15. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the smoking room.
(b) In the gallery.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
2. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
3. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
4. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
5. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)