|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Corbaccio that since Bonario has become violent, it is the time to disinherit him?
2. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are understanding.
3. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(c) Lady Politic.
4. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
6. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the gallery.
(b) In the smoking room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the study.
7. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
8. After Valpone's scuffle with Bonario, who does he assume is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) Corvino looking for his wife.
(b) Corbaccio looking for his son.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Bonario returning for more.
9. Why does Mosca say Bonario injured Valpone?
(a) In an act of revenge for being disinherited.
(b) In a fight for Celia's affections.
(c) To protect Celia's honor.
(d) In an attempted robbery.
10. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
11. Which type of fish does Sir Politic hope to supply to Italy?
12. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
(a) Sir Politic.
13. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
(a) He believes his symptoms are coming true.
(b) He wants to be active again.
(c) He is tired of pretending.
(d) He feels that being sick is no longer believable.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
15. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Their child's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Her mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
2. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
4. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)