|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The keys.
(b) The vault.
(c) The curtains.
(d) The jewels.
2. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the legs.
(d) In the arms.
3. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(b) Jewelry boxes.
(d) Hunting boxes.
4. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Bubonic plague.
5. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
6. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are amused.
7. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so handsome.
(b) Because he is so young.
(c) Because he is so wealthy.
(d) Because he is so healthy.
8. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With onions.
(b) With beets.
(c) With potatoes.
(d) With carrots.
9. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
10. Who convinces Corbaccio that since Bonario has become violent, it is the time to disinherit him?
11. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
12. Which legacy hunters does Mosca meet in the streets as he is celebrating?
(a) Corvino and Corbaccio.
(b) Voltore and Corvino.
(c) He meets with all three legacy hunters at once.
(d) Corbaccio and Voltore.
13. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A beggar.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
15. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Locate his wife.
(b) Burn his papers.
(c) Sell his house.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
2. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
3. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
4. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
5. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)