|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
(a) He believes his symptoms are coming true.
(b) He wants to be active again.
(c) He is tired of pretending.
(d) He feels that being sick is no longer believable.
3. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With potatoes.
(b) With onions.
(c) With beets.
(d) With carrots.
4. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(b) Hunting boxes.
(c) Jewelry boxes.
5. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Their child's.
6. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
7. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
8. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
9. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to tremble.
(b) He begins to cough.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He begins to blush.
10. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
11. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
12. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
(a) Mosca's skills.
(b) Valpone's skills.
(c) Nano's skills.
(d) Androgyno's skills.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
14. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Make him a sandwich.
(b) Locate his wife.
(c) Sell his house.
(d) Burn his papers.
15. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
2. Who arrives at Sir Politic's house in disguise after Celia's trial?
3. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
4. What is Voltore's punishment for misleading the courts?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)