|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
2. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A monster.
(b) A disappointment.
(c) A hero.
(d) A knave.
3. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
4. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(b) Hunting boxes.
(c) Jewelry boxes.
5. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
6. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
(a) Three times.
7. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
8. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Burn his papers.
(b) Sell his house.
(c) Locate his wife.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
9. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The vault.
(b) The jewels.
(c) The curtains.
(d) The keys.
10. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the characters sent into town to revel in Valpone's new heir?
12. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the men that Valpone calls to entertain him while he awaits Mosca's return?
14. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels proud.
15. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Corbaccio that since Bonario has become violent, it is the time to disinherit him?
2. Which of the following words best describes the way Mosca treats the legacy hunters?
3. Which of the following organisms are used to describe Mosca?
4. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)