|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
(a) Away to Mexico.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Off to France.
(d) Up the mountain.
2. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
3. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
4. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
(a) He thinks he did a marvelous job.
(b) He thinks he did an adequate job.
(c) He thinks he did a poor job.
(d) He thinks he did a mediocre job.
5. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
(a) Because of his plots against Valpone.
(b) Because of his financial standing.
(c) Because of his treatment of his wife.
(d) Because of the treatment of his servants.
6. Which court official is sent out into the streets to search for Mosca?
(a) The balif.
(b) The notary.
(c) The lawyers.
(d) The judge.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
8. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so wealthy.
(b) Because he is so healthy.
(c) Because he is so young.
(d) Because he is so handsome.
9. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
(a) They are deeply saddened.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are amused.
10. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A bear.
(b) A sea turtle.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A tiger.
11. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are understanding.
12. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels confused.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels proud.
13. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) Bubonic plague.
14. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to tremble.
(b) He begins to blush.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He begins to cough.
15. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
(a) Mosca's skills.
(b) Nano's skills.
(c) Androgyno's skills.
(d) Valpone's skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
2. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
3. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
4. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
5. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)