|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
2. Which character pretends to be possessed by the devil in the courtroom?
3. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
4. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
5. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
(a) Jewelry boxes.
(b) Hunting boxes.
6. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
(a) Mosca is Valpone's only servant.
(b) He feels better than them.
(c) He feels equal to them.
(d) He feels worse than them.
7. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
8. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are outraged.
9. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
10. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
11. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are deeply saddened.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are surprised.
12. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
13. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The keys.
(b) The vault.
(c) The jewels.
(d) The curtains.
14. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(d) Lady Politic.
15. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A knave.
(b) A monster.
(c) A disappointment.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
2. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
3. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
4. Which legacy hunters does Mosca meet in the streets as he is celebrating?
5. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)