|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Sell his house.
(b) Burn his papers.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Locate his wife.
2. When Lady Politic finds her husband hiding, where does she announce she is going?
(a) Up the mountain.
(b) Off to France.
(c) Out to sea.
(d) Away to Mexico.
3. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not want to miss the action.
(b) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(c) Because he is afraid of his father.
(d) Because he does not trust Mosca.
4. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
5. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
(a) Androgyno's skills.
(b) Valpone's skills.
(c) Mosca's skills.
(d) Nano's skills.
6. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
7. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
(a) They are deeply saddened.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are surprised.
8. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Bubonic plague.
(c) Scarlet fever.
9. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the smoking room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the gallery.
(d) In the study.
10. How does Mosca feel in relation to all of Valpone's other servants?
(a) Mosca is Valpone's only servant.
(b) He feels better than them.
(c) He feels equal to them.
(d) He feels worse than them.
11. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A knave.
(b) A disappointment.
(c) A hero.
(d) A monster.
12. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
13. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He feels confused.
14. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(c) Lady Politic.
15. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
2. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
3. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
4. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
5. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)