|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disease does Celia beg Valpone to give her in order for her to lose her beauty?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
2. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
3. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A sea turtle.
(c) A bear.
(d) A zebra.
4. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
5. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
6. How do the legacy hunters react to the news that Mosca has been named as Valpone's heir?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are understanding.
7. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so healthy.
(b) Because he is so young.
(c) Because he is so handsome.
(d) Because he is so wealthy.
8. Who announces to the courts that everything regarding Celia and Bonario's sentencing has been a mistake?
9. What is the name of the Senate, or Court Hose?
10. How does Mosca feel about Voltore's defense of Valpone in the court room?
(a) He thinks he did an adequate job.
(b) He thinks he did a mediocre job.
(c) He thinks he did a marvelous job.
(d) He thinks he did a poor job.
11. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A child.
(c) A priest.
(d) A woman.
12. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
13. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The jewels.
(b) The curtains.
(c) The keys.
(d) The vault.
14. What is the name of Corbaccio's son?
15. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
(d) A school boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
2. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
3. What does Sir Politic hope to ban in Italy?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)