|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
2. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
3. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
(d) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
4. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A bear.
(d) A sea turtle.
5. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A nun.
(d) A school boy.
6. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
7. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
8. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the smoking room.
(b) In the gallery.
(c) In the study.
(d) In the library.
9. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels proud.
(d) He feels apathetic.
10. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
(a) He feels that being sick is no longer believable.
(b) He believes his symptoms are coming true.
(c) He wants to be active again.
(d) He is tired of pretending.
11. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
12. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so handsome.
(b) Because he is so healthy.
(c) Because he is so young.
(d) Because he is so wealthy.
13. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
14. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
15. Who is representing Valpone in the court case?
(c) Valpone, himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
2. How many witnesses do Celia and Bonario call to defend them?
3. How do the court officials react to the news of Valpone's death?
4. Which character is sent to be imprisoned and whipped?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)