|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
(a) Lady Politic.
2. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
3. While hiding in the animal carcass, what does Sir Politic order his maids to do?
(a) Locate his wife.
(b) Make him a sandwich.
(c) Burn his papers.
(d) Sell his house.
4. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
5. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
(a) Because he is so wealthy.
(b) Because he is so handsome.
(c) Because he is so young.
(d) Because he is so healthy.
6. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
(c) Lady Political Would-Be.
7. According to the rumors, to which country was Sir Politic planning on selling Venice to?
8. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
9. Who is blamed for the misleading case against Celia and Bonario?
10. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(b) Because he is afraid of his father.
(c) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
11. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
(a) Three times.
12. Which article does Mosca remove from Valpone's house that suggests to Valpone that Mosca was trying to overthrow him?
(a) The curtains.
(b) The jewels.
(c) The keys.
(d) The vault.
13. What does Valpone offer to throw on Mosca to calm down Valpone?
14. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Their child's.
(c) A slave's.
(d) Her brother's.
15. After hearing the news of the rumors regarding him, in what animal carcass does Sir Politic hide?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A sea turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca name as heir in his will?
2. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
3. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)