|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He ignores Mosca completely
(b) He refuses.
(c) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(d) He agrees.
2. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A feast.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An opera.
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A brass candelabra.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A diamond ring.
4. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As heroes.
(b) As quacks.
(c) As deceivers.
(d) As fools.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a hermaphrodite.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a eunuch.
6. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His memory.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His voice.
(d) His sight.
7. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to the lake.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To go to the grocer.
8. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
(d) Religious text.
9. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has one child.
(b) He has five children.
(c) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(d) He has no children.
10. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
11. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(b) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
(c) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
(d) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
12. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
13. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
14. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to sing.
(b) He begins to shout.
(c) He begins to shake.
(d) He begins to swear.
15. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
2. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
5. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)