|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their gloves.
(b) Their hankerchiefs.
(c) Their scarves.
(d) Their hats.
2. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
3. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(b) A masterpiece.
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1700's.
(b) The 1800's.
(c) The 1500's.
(d) The 1600's.
5. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
6. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
7. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
8. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
9. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) A sapphire and a garnet.
(b) A pearl and a diamond.
(c) An opal and an amethyst.
(d) An emerald and a ruby.
10. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Smothering him.
(c) Poisoning him.
(d) Shooting him.
11. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to the hairdresser.
(b) To go to the grocer.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To go to the lake.
12. What nationality is Peregrine?
13. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a eunuch.
14. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
(b) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
(d) Sir Political Would-Be.
15. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)