Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a jester.
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to the lake.
(d) To go to the grocer.
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To entertain him.
(d) To beg from him.
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
(a) With a curtain.
(b) With bricks.
(c) With stone.
(d) With bars.
5. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He has made small provisions for them.
(b) He does not even know that they exist.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
6. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to save money during travel.
(b) How to survive in a strange city.
(c) How to be an expert traveler.
(d) How to make friends with foreigners.
7. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) None of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Less than half of it.
(d) More than half of it.
8. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(d) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
9. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
10. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) The feather from his hat.
11. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His riding clothes.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) His old school uniform.
(d) His sick clothes.
12. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(b) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(c) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
13. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(a) Expensive gifts.
14. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of speech.
(b) His sense of memory.
(c) His sense of sight.
(d) His sense of hearing.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
2. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
3. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
4. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
5. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)