|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Castrone and Mosco.
(b) Mosco and Nano.
(c) Androgyno and Castrone.
(d) Nano and Androgyno.
2. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
3. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A feast.
(b) An opera.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
4. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(d) Wise men.
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The library.
(d) The sick room.
6. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His business partner.
(d) His son.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
8. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the store.
(b) In his home.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the bank.
9. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Smothering him.
(d) Poisoning him.
10. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
(a) He ignores Sir Politic completely.
(b) He is pleased to see him.
(c) He is annoyed with their conversation.
(d) He is afraid of Sir Politic's temper.
11. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five days.
12. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
(a) A female companion.
(b) A specific herb.
(c) The blood of a healthy man.
(d) A male companion.
13. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of memory.
(b) His sense of sight.
(c) His sense of hearing.
(d) His sense of speech.
14. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to swear.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He begins to shout.
(d) He begins to shake.
15. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's brother.
(b) He is Valpone's business partner.
(c) He is Valpone's son.
(d) He is Valpone's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
4. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
5. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)