|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A salve.
(b) A powder.
(c) A cream.
(d) A pill.
3. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of sight.
(b) His sense of hearing.
(c) His sense of memory.
(d) His sense of speech.
4. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
5. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His old school uniform.
(b) His sick clothes.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) His riding clothes.
6. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(c) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
7. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) An opera.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A feast.
(d) A wedding.
8. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(b) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
9. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
10. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
11. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A fly.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A butterfly.
12. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
(a) Religious text.
13. Who is married to Celia?
14. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to make friends with foreigners.
(b) How to save money during travel.
(c) How to survive in a strange city.
(d) How to be an expert traveler.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
2. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
3. How many children does Valpone have?
4. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)