|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The sick room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The library.
(d) The sitting room.
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven years.
4. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a giant.
5. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A party.
(b) A feast.
(c) A war.
(d) A ball.
6. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(b) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(c) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(d) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
8. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her clothing.
9. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
10. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
11. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
12. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A brass candelabra.
13. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
(b) His love for Celia.
(c) Corvino's knife.
(d) Corvino's fist.
14. In what country does Valpone live?
15. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an acrostic?
2. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
3. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
5. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)