|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) East Anglia University.
(d) New York University.
2. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The sick room.
3. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His old school uniform.
(b) His sick clothes.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) His riding clothes.
4. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their salaries.
(b) For their compassion.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their cunning.
5. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(a) Expensive gifts.
6. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1500's.
(b) The 1600's.
(c) The 1800's.
(d) The 1700's.
7. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
8. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
9. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(b) Lost souls.
10. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven weeks.
11. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His business partner.
12. In what country have Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine met?
13. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As quacks.
(b) As heroes.
(c) As fools.
(d) As deceivers.
14. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
15. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
3. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
4. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
5. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)