|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He ignores Mosca completely
(c) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(d) He agrees.
2. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(b) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(c) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
3. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
(a) His youth.
(b) His health.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His disguise.
4. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their hankerchiefs.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their scarves.
(d) Their hats.
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is deeply saddened.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
7. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) An opera.
(d) A feast.
8. What is an acrostic?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A poem.
(c) A type of fabric.
(d) An insect.
9. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
10. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A brass candelabra.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A diamond ring.
11. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
12. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
13. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A ball.
(b) A feast.
(c) A war.
(d) A party.
14. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Seven weeks.
15. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
2. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
3. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
4. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)