|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Mosco and Nano.
(b) Nano and Androgyno.
(c) Castrone and Mosco.
(d) Androgyno and Castrone.
2. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
3. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He ignores Mosca completely
(b) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He refuses.
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
(a) With stone.
(b) With bars.
(c) With bricks.
(d) With a curtain.
5. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Brown University.
(b) East Anglia University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) New York University.
6. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A war.
(b) A ball.
(c) A party.
(d) A feast.
7. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His occupation.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His name.
(d) His health.
8. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) A vial of medicine.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
9. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a philosopher.
10. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the store.
(b) At the bank.
(c) In his home.
(d) In the library.
11. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
12. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As heroes.
(b) As quacks.
(c) As deceivers.
(d) As fools.
13. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
14. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
15. What is an acrostic?
(a) An insect.
(b) A poem.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A type of fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
3. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
5. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)