|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an acrostic?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A type of fabric.
(c) A poem.
(d) An insect.
2. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
(a) With bars.
(b) With stone.
(c) With bricks.
(d) With a curtain.
3. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shake.
(b) He begins to shout.
(c) He begins to swear.
(d) He begins to sing.
4. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(c) A masterpiece.
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) An allegory.
(b) A dream.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A fable.
6. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of sight.
(b) His sense of speech.
(c) His sense of hearing.
(d) His sense of memory.
7. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a jester.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a doctor.
8. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven days.
9. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(d) He ignores Mosca completely
10. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(b) To make room for another visitor.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
11. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) An emerald and a ruby.
(b) A sapphire and a garnet.
(c) An opal and an amethyst.
(d) A pearl and a diamond.
12. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
13. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Castrone and Mosco.
(b) Nano and Androgyno.
(c) Mosco and Nano.
(d) Androgyno and Castrone.
14. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he thinks he will die soon.
(b) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(c) That he is a con man by trade.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
15. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(b) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How Valpone has no respect for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
3. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
4. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)