|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(d) A masterpiece.
2. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) His love for Celia.
(b) Corvino's knife.
(c) Corvino's fist.
(d) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His family.
(d) His youth.
4. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
5. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
(a) He is terrified of them.
(b) He is apathetic to them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He despises them.
6. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
(b) Religious text.
7. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
8. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a jester.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an artist.
9. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A cream.
(b) A powder.
(c) A pill.
(d) A salve.
10. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
(a) The blood of a healthy man.
(b) A female companion.
(c) A male companion.
(d) A specific herb.
11. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
12. How does Corvino respond to the disguised men hanging around his home?
(a) He has them arrested.
(b) He invites them inside for tea.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He beats them up.
13. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
(a) Sir Political Would-Be.
(d) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
14. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of sight.
(b) His sense of speech.
(c) His sense of memory.
(d) His sense of hearing.
15. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their gloves.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their hankerchiefs.
(d) Their scarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
2. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
3. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
4. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
5. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)