|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(b) Wise men.
2. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their compassion.
4. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
5. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
6. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A pill.
(b) A salve.
(c) A cream.
(d) A powder.
7. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(c) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(d) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
9. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A vial of medicine.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
10. How is Celia treated by her husband?
(a) Like an animal.
(b) Like a queen.
(c) Like a child.
(d) Like a prisoner.
11. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(b) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How Valpone has no respect for women.
12. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her clothing.
13. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
14. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(b) He has made small provisions for them.
(c) He does not even know that they exist.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
15. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To beg from him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To entertain him.
(d) To woo him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
2. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
3. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)