|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(d) Lost souls.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
5. What nationality is Peregrine?
6. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
(b) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(c) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(d) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
7. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
(a) His health.
(b) His youth.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His disguise.
8. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His silver shoestrings.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) His watch.
(d) The feather from his hat.
9. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
(a) The Prince of Milan.
(b) The Jester of Basillica.
(c) The Scoto of Manuta.
(d) The Priest of Venice.
10. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His family.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His speech.
(d) His youth.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
12. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A feast.
(b) An opera.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
13. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
14. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to the grocer.
(d) To go to the lake.
15. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
2. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)