|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven days.
2. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(d) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
3. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
(a) The Prince of Milan.
(b) The Jester of Basillica.
(c) The Scoto of Manuta.
(d) The Priest of Venice.
4. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A new puppy.
(c) A vial of medicine.
(d) A gold plate.
5. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Androgyno and Castrone.
(b) Castrone and Mosco.
(c) Nano and Androgyno.
(d) Mosco and Nano.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
7. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
8. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a dwarf.
9. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(c) Lost souls.
10. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a hermaphrodite.
11. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
12. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
13. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a philosopher.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a doctor.
14. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) A pearl and a diamond.
(b) A sapphire and a garnet.
(c) An opal and an amethyst.
(d) An emerald and a ruby.
15. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As fools.
(b) As deceivers.
(c) As heroes.
(d) As quacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
2. How is Celia treated by her husband?
3. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
4. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)