|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A fly.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) A mosquito.
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His voice.
(b) His memory.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His sight.
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(b) Expensive gifts.
4. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
(a) The seamstress.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The priest.
5. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
6. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he thinks he will die soon.
(b) That he is a con man by trade.
(c) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
7. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to save money during travel.
(b) How to make friends with foreigners.
(c) How to survive in a strange city.
(d) How to be an expert traveler.
8. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
9. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) Less than half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) More than half of it.
10. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
11. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(b) He refuses the gift.
(c) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(d) He is pleased with the gift.
12. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(b) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(c) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(d) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
13. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
(b) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(c) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
(d) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
14. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
15. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
4. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)