|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He has made small provisions for them.
(b) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(c) He does not even know that they exist.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
2. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His business partner.
(d) His wife.
3. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
4. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A fable.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A dream.
5. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a philosopher.
6. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
7. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He ignores Mosca completely
8. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(c) Wise men.
9. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
10. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
11. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) His love for Celia.
(b) Corvino's fist.
(c) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
(d) Corvino's knife.
12. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) New York University.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) East Anglia University.
13. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a giant.
14. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their compassion.
15. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
2. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
4. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
5. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)