|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) His watch.
(d) The feather from his hat.
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has no children.
(b) He has five children.
(c) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(d) He has one child.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
4. What nationality is Peregrine?
5. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His voice.
(b) His sight.
(c) His memory.
(d) His hearing.
6. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(c) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
8. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to the lake.
(b) To go to the grocer.
(c) To go to the hairdresser.
(d) To go to church.
9. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a con man.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a doctor.
10. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
(a) Mosco and Nano.
(b) Nano and Androgyno.
(c) Castrone and Mosco.
(d) Androgyno and Castrone.
11. How is Celia treated by her husband?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like a queen.
(c) Like a prisoner.
(d) Like an animal.
12. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
13. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The seamstress.
(c) The priest.
(d) The butcher.
14. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a jester.
15. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Smothering him.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Stabbing him.
(d) Poisoning him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
2. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
3. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
4. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
5. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)