|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(b) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) To make room for another visitor.
3. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a jester.
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
6. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As fools.
(b) As quacks.
(c) As heroes.
(d) As deceivers.
7. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
8. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a giant.
9. Who is married to Celia?
10. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
11. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
(b) Corvino's knife.
(c) Corvino's fist.
(d) His love for Celia.
12. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(a) Lady Political Would-Be.
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
13. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A salve.
(b) A powder.
(c) A pill.
(d) A cream.
14. In what country does Valpone live?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
2. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
3. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)