|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
2. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To beg from him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To entertain him.
(d) To woo him.
3. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
(b) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
(c) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(d) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
4. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
(a) The Scoto of Manuta.
(b) The Priest of Venice.
(c) The Prince of Milan.
(d) The Jester of Basillica.
5. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
6. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
8. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
9. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a giant.
10. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
11. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
(a) Religious text.
12. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A feast.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An opera.
13. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(c) Wise men.
14. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His name.
(b) His health.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His occupation.
15. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
2. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
3. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
5. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)