|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As deceivers.
(b) As quacks.
(c) As fools.
(d) As heroes.
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) The feather from his hat.
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1600's.
(b) The 1700's.
(c) The 1500's.
(d) The 1800's.
4. What is an acrostic?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A type of fabric.
(c) A poem.
(d) An insect.
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The sick room.
(b) The library.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The sitting room.
6. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
7. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(b) He is pleased with the gift.
(c) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(d) He refuses the gift.
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
9. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to sing.
(b) He begins to shout.
(c) He begins to shake.
(d) He begins to swear.
10. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He is apathetic to them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He is terrified of them.
11. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A feast.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An opera.
12. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A vial of medicine.
(d) A new puppy.
13. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
14. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
15. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
2. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
3. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
4. How is Celia treated by her husband?
5. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)