|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
6. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
7. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a philosopher.
8. In what country does Valpone live?
9. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(b) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(c) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
(d) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
10. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1500's.
(b) The 1800's.
(c) The 1600's.
(d) The 1700's.
11. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
(b) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
12. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His business partner.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
13. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) All of it.
(b) Less than half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) More than half of it.
14. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(c) A masterpiece.
15. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
(a) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
4. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
5. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)