|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
2. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven months.
3. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His hearing.
(b) His memory.
(c) His sight.
(d) His voice.
4. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
(a) His youth.
(b) His disguise.
(c) His health.
(d) His wealth.
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(a) A masterpiece.
6. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He has made small provisions for them.
(b) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(c) He does not care about them at all.
(d) He does not even know that they exist.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
8. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
9. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their gloves.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their scarves.
(d) Their hankerchiefs.
10. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Brown University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) East Anglia University.
11. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
12. In what country does Valpone live?
13. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
14. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) None of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) More than half of it.
(d) Less than half of it.
15. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As fools.
(b) As deceivers.
(c) As heroes.
(d) As quacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
2. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
3. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
4. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
5. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)