|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
(b) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(c) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
(d) Hire Mosca as his servant.
2. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
3. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
(a) With a curtain.
(b) With stone.
(c) With bricks.
(d) With bars.
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a hermaphrodite.
5. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(b) Wise men.
6. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
7. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) A sapphire and a garnet.
(b) An emerald and a ruby.
(c) An opal and an amethyst.
(d) A pearl and a diamond.
8. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A cream.
(b) A salve.
(c) A pill.
(d) A powder.
9. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His business partner.
10. In what country does Valpone live?
11. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
12. In what country have Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine met?
13. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a jester.
14. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
15. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Against Valpone's heart.
(b) Next to Valpone's ear.
(c) Against Valpone's temple.
(d) Into Valpone's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
2. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
4. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
5. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)