|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Brown University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) East Anglia University.
2. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Their child's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) A slave's.
(d) Her brother's.
3. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Smothering him.
(c) Poisoning him.
(d) Shooting him.
4. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(b) Lady Political Would-Be.
(c) Sir Political Would-Be.
5. Who does Valpone send into the town to announce his death?
(a) Nano and Androgyno.
(b) Nano and Castrone.
(c) Mosca and Castrone.
(d) Androgyno and Mosca.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Valpone does not want to continue with his fake illness?
3. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
4. Who lectures Peregrine on how to be a Gentleman in Venice?
5. What relationship does Voltore claim Celia and Bonario have?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)