|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the hiding place for Bonario to overhear the conversations of the night?
2. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(b) Wise men.
3. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
4. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) The feather from his hat.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) His silver shoestrings.
5. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
(a) With onions.
(b) With potatoes.
(c) With carrots.
(d) With beets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
3. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
4. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)