|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Valpone live?
2. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven weeks.
3. What is Valpone disguised as when he goes out into the town after the court hearing?
(a) A school boy.
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
4. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To entertain him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To woo him.
(d) To beg from him.
5. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A poem.
(b) A song.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An epitaph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
2. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
3. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
4. According to the visitor, who announced that Sir Politic was planning on selling Venice in open court?
5. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)