|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three years.
2. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five days.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A song.
(b) An obituary.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A poem.
5. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) A slave's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Their child's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
2. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)