|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A priest.
3. Which of the following men does NOT join the procession to the courts to press charges against Bonario?
4. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he is afraid of his father.
(b) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(c) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) In his home.
(b) In the library.
(c) At the store.
(d) At the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
3. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
4. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
5. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)