|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has five children.
(b) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(c) He has no children.
(d) He has one child.
3. How does Mosca convince Corbaccio's son that he is sensitive?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He begins to tremble.
(c) He begins to cough.
(d) He begins to blush.
4. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(d) Lost souls.
5. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
2. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
3. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
4. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)