|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) A pearl and a diamond.
(b) A sapphire and a garnet.
(c) An opal and an amethyst.
(d) An emerald and a ruby.
3. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(b) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(c) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(d) How Valpone has no respect for women.
4. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) Corvino's knife.
(b) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
(c) His love for Celia.
(d) Corvino's fist.
5. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As quacks.
(b) As fools.
(c) As deceivers.
(d) As heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
2. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
5. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)