|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
(a) Because of his treatment of his wife.
(b) Because of his financial standing.
(c) Because of his plots against Valpone.
(d) Because of the treatment of his servants.
2. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her leg.
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His family.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His youth.
4. What does Corbaccio call his son in open court?
(a) A hero.
(b) A knave.
(c) A monster.
(d) A disappointment.
5. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He refuses the gift.
(b) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(c) He is pleased with the gift.
(d) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
2. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
3. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
4. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
5. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)