|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) An obituary.
2. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their scarves.
(b) Their hankerchiefs.
(c) Their gloves.
(d) Their hats.
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
4. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
5. How is Celia treated by her husband?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like a queen.
(c) Like an animal.
(d) Like a prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
2. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
4. What does Lady Would-Be mistake Peregrine for?
5. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)