|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
2. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their compassion.
(d) For their impeccable taste in suits.
3. How does Mosca suggest Valpone deal with things now that he has been found out as a liar?
(a) He suggests that Valpone kill Celia.
(b) He suggests that Valpone kill Corvino.
(c) He suggests that Valpone kill himself.
(d) He suggests that Valpone kill Bonario.
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
2. Who prompted Sir Polical Would-Be to visit Venice?
3. Why does Mosca say Bonario injured Valpone?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)