|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He is pleased with the gift.
(b) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(c) He refuses the gift.
(d) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
2. How does Corvino respond to the disguised men hanging around his home?
(a) He has them arrested.
(b) He invites them inside for tea.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He beats them up.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
4. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their compassion.
(b) For their cunning.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their salaries.
5. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
2. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
4. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
5. In what country have Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine met?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)