|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
2. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
(a) He is pleased to see him.
(b) He is afraid of Sir Politic's temper.
(c) He ignores Sir Politic completely.
(d) He is annoyed with their conversation.
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is a philosopher.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(d) A masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
2. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
4. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
5. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)