|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mosca is addressing the audience after meeting with Corvino, how many times is he interrupted by other characters?
(b) Three times.
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(b) He has five children.
(c) He has no children.
(d) He has one child.
3. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Who does Sir Politic entrust with his plans to take over Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
2. During what era is Valpone's story set?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
4. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
5. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)