|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their compassion.
(d) For their impeccable taste in suits.
2. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
(a) Their child's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A slave's.
3. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
2. Where does Bonario wound Valpone during their scuffle?
3. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
4. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)