|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) A sapphire and a garnet.
(b) An opal and an amethyst.
(c) A pearl and a diamond.
(d) An emerald and a ruby.
2. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five weeks.
3. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(d) Lost souls.
4. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her chastity.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her beauty.
5. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His voice.
(b) His sight.
(c) His memory.
(d) His hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Valpone's scuffle with Bonario, who does he assume is at the door when there is a knock?
2. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
3. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)