|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(b) He has no children.
(c) He has five children.
(d) He has one child.
2. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
3. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(c) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(d) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
4. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The priest.
(c) The seamstress.
(d) The doctor.
5. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(c) He ignores Mosca completely
(d) He refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
3. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
4. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
5. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)