|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(b) Lost souls.
2. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
3. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five weeks.
4. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(b) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
5. Why doesn't Bonario enter the room as Mosca suggests?
(a) Because he does not trust Mosca.
(b) Because he is allergic to the smell of smoke.
(c) Because he is afraid of his father.
(d) Because he does not want to miss the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. Who is called as the main witness against Celia?
4. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
5. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)