|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization about independence does Mosca make while he is addressing the audience?
(a) He realizes that he is becoming less independent from Valpone.
(b) He realizes that he is becoming more independent from Valpone.
(c) He realizes that he is on his way to independence from Valpone.
(d) He realizes that he will never become independent from Valpone.
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His speech.
(c) His youth.
(d) His family.
4. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
5. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
2. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
4. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
5. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)