|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Valpone's two men dressed as when they arrive at Celia's home?
2. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(c) Lost souls.
3. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He does not even know that they exist.
(b) He has made small provisions for them.
(c) He does not care about them at all.
(d) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
4. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A feast.
(b) A war.
(c) A ball.
(d) A party.
5. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
2. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
4. Who threatens to rape Celia if she does not comply with his wishes?
5. Whose dead body does Corvino threaten to tie to Celia's body if she refuses him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)