|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(d) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
2. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A brass candelabra.
(b) A silver cup.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A gold plate.
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Who overhears Celia's pleadings with her husband, but does nothing to intervene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
2. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
3. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
4. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
5. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)