|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five years.
2. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) His love for Celia.
(b) Corvino's knife.
(c) Corvino's fist.
(d) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
3. What is the name of Valpone's character when he arrives at Celia's?
(a) The Prince of Milan.
(b) The Scoto of Manuta.
(c) The Priest of Venice.
(d) The Jester of Basillica.
4. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is deeply saddened.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is excited.
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
2. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
4. How does Corvino plan to block Celia's window?
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)