|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mosca tell Corvino is the one thing left that can help save Valpone's life?
(a) A male companion.
(b) A female companion.
(c) The blood of a healthy man.
(d) A specific herb.
2. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) East Anglia University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) New York University.
3. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As quacks.
(b) As heroes.
(c) As deceivers.
(d) As fools.
4. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
(a) The seamstress.
(b) The priest.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The doctor.
5. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone do for a living?
2. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
3. How many children does Valpone have?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
5. What is the poem about that Nano recites for Valpone?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)