|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(c) Wise men.
3. How does Mosca feel about having to deceive so many people?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels proud.
4. What does Celia beg her husband not to endanger?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her chastity.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her marriage.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
4. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
5. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)