|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following themes is Lady Would-Be obsessed with?
2. What nationality is Peregrine?
3. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
(a) His health.
(b) His youth.
(c) His disguise.
(d) His wealth.
4. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their salaries.
(b) For their compassion.
(c) For their cunning.
(d) For their impeccable taste in suits.
5. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
4. Who knocks at the door, interrupting Nano's poem?
5. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)