|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a jester.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
3. Who is married to Celia?
4. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The sick room.
5. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
3. What is an acrostic?
4. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
5. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)