|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Shooting him.
(b) Poisoning him.
(c) Smothering him.
(d) Stabbing him.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
3. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He is pleased with the gift.
(b) He refuses the gift.
(c) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(d) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
4. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His youth.
(c) His family.
(d) His fortune.
5. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As fools.
(b) As heroes.
(c) As deceivers.
(d) As quacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
2. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
3. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
4. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
5. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)