|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
2. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
(a) As quacks.
(b) As fools.
(c) As heroes.
(d) As deceivers.
3. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His old school uniform.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) His sick clothes.
(d) His riding clothes.
4. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Five hours.
5. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he thinks he will die soon.
(b) That he is a con man by trade.
(c) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
2. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
3. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)