|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Shooting him.
(b) Smothering him.
(c) Poisoning him.
(d) Stabbing him.
2. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A poem.
(b) A song.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An epitaph.
4. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) More than half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) Less than half of it.
5. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(b) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(c) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(d) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
2. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
3. What does Voltore do for a living?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
5. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)