|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(b) He refuses the gift.
(c) He is pleased with the gift.
(d) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
2. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seven years.
3. Who successfully wins the prize that Valpone is offering to the passersby?
(b) Sir Political Would-Be.
(c) Lady Politcal Would-Be.
4. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(b) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
(c) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
(d) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
5. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's son.
(b) He is Valpone's assistant.
(c) He is Valpone's business partner.
(d) He is Valpone's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
4. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)