|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(b) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
3. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
4. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shake.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He begins to shout.
(d) He begins to swear.
5. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(b) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
2. What is Valpone selling when he arrives at Celia's home?
3. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
4. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
5. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)