|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven weeks.
2. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
(c) Wise men.
3. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he is lying about being sick.
(b) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(c) That he is a con man by trade.
(d) That he thinks he will die soon.
4. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
(b) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
(c) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(d) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
5. What is an acrostic?
(a) A type of fabric.
(b) A weapon.
(c) An insect.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
2. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
4. How does Peregrine describe the local men who deal with medicine?
5. What does Valpone do for a living?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)