|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(c) Lost souls.
2. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
3. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Princeton University.
4. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) In his home.
(b) At the store.
(c) At the bank.
(d) In the library.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
(a) How to make friends with foreigners.
(b) How to be an expert traveler.
(c) How to save money during travel.
(d) How to survive in a strange city.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
2. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
3. What is an acrostic?
4. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
5. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)