|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
2. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their salaries.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their compassion.
3. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(a) A masterpiece.
4. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A fly.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A butterfly.
5. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His name.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to the disguised men hanging around his home?
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
4. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)