|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
2. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(b) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
(c) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(d) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(b) Expensive gifts.
4. What role are the two men playing for Valpone when they arrive at Celia's home?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
2. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
3. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
4. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
5. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)