|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
3. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is deeply saddened.
4. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Next to Valpone's ear.
(b) Into Valpone's hand.
(c) Against Valpone's heart.
(d) Against Valpone's temple.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a hermaphrodite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
4. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)