|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
(a) Sir Political Would-Be.
(c) Lady Political Would-Be.
4. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(b) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His youth.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His speech.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
2. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
3. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
4. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)