|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(b) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(c) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to the grocer.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To go to the lake.
3. From what part of her body is Celia dragged by Corvino after the visit from the Medicine Man?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her arm.
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1800's.
(b) The 1600's.
(c) The 1500's.
(d) The 1700's.
5. How does Corvino think Celia has betrayed him?
(a) Through kissing the Medicine Man.
(b) Through plotting to run away with the Medicine Man.
(c) Through her conversation with the Medicine Man.
(d) Through her stroking of the Medicine Man's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
2. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
3. How is Celia treated by her husband?
4. Which of Valpone's two men arrive first at Celia's home?
5. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)