|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The sick room.
(d) The sitting room.
2. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
3. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) East Anglia University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) New York University.
4. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their salaries.
(b) For their cunning.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their compassion.
5. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
(a) He tells Mosca that he will consider it.
(b) He ignores Mosca completely
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
3. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
4. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
5. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)