|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a philosopher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a con man.
2. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A metaphor.
(b) A dream.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
3. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
4. How long has Peregrine been traveling away from England?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven days.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
2. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
3. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
4. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
5. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)