|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is married to Celia?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
3. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) A fly.
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1700's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1600's.
(d) The 1800's.
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The sick room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
4. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
5. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)