|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
2. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(c) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(d) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
3. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Stanford University.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His family.
(c) His speech.
(d) His youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
2. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
4. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
5. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)