|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) A fable.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) An allegory.
2. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their compassion.
(b) For their cunning.
(c) For their salaries.
(d) For their impeccable taste in suits.
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
2. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
3. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)