|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
2. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His family.
(b) His youth.
(c) His speech.
(d) His fortune.
3. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He has made small provisions for them.
(b) He does not even know that they exist.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
4. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His sick clothes.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) His riding clothes.
(d) His old school uniform.
5. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a philosopher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
3. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
4. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
5. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)