|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the bank.
(c) In his home.
(d) At the store.
3. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
4. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a jester.
5. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Sir Political Would-Be attempts to educate Peregrine on during their discussion?
2. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
4. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
5. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)