|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
2. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A silver cup.
(c) A brass candelabra.
(d) A gold plate.
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(b) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
(c) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(d) He wants to see his own name in print.
4. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A metaphor.
(b) An allegory.
(c) A dream.
(d) A fable.
5. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a philosopher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. What nationality is Peregrine?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)