|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of hearing.
(b) His sense of speech.
(c) His sense of memory.
(d) His sense of sight.
2. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(c) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An epitaph.
4. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(b) They do not argue about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
2. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
4. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
5. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)