|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of hearing.
(b) His sense of sight.
(c) His sense of speech.
(d) His sense of memory.
2. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he is a con man by trade.
(b) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(c) That he thinks he will die soon.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
3. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to swear.
(b) He begins to shake.
(c) He begins to sing.
(d) He begins to shout.
4. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A metaphor.
(b) A dream.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
5. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(b) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(c) How much Valpone lies to the world.
(d) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
2. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
3. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
4. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
5. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)