|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Into Valpone's hand.
(b) Next to Valpone's ear.
(c) Against Valpone's heart.
(d) Against Valpone's temple.
2. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five hours.
3. Who is married to Celia?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a hermaphrodite.
5. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His health.
(b) His name.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His financial status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
2. Which of the following characters decides to don a disguise in the attempts of seeing Celia?
3. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)