|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
(b) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(c) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(d) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
2. What is an acrostic?
(a) A poem.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A type of fabric.
(d) An insect.
3. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
5. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. What nationality is Peregrine?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)