|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) His watch.
(c) His silver shoestrings.
(d) The feather from his hat.
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to see his own name in print.
(b) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
(c) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(d) He wants to create something enjoyable.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
(a) He is deeply saddened.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
2. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
4. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)