|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he thinks he will die soon.
(b) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(c) That he is a con man by trade.
(d) That he is lying about being sick.
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His youth.
(b) His speech.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His family.
4. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He does not even know that they exist.
(b) He has made small provisions for them.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He does not care about them at all.
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(c) They do not argue about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
2. In what country does Valpone live?
3. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
5. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)