|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five years.
5. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Shooting him.
(b) Stabbing him.
(c) Poisoning him.
(d) Smothering him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is married to Celia?
2. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
3. In what country does Valpone live?
4. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
5. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)