|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
2. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To beg from him.
(d) To entertain him.
4. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Against Valpone's heart.
(b) Into Valpone's hand.
(c) Against Valpone's temple.
(d) Next to Valpone's ear.
5. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Poisoning him.
(d) Smothering him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
3. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)