|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The sick room.
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
4. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of sight.
(b) His sense of hearing.
(c) His sense of memory.
(d) His sense of speech.
5. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Celia?
4. What nationality is Peregrine?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)