|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country have Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine met?
2. Who is married to Celia?
3. What is an acrostic?
(a) A type of fabric.
(b) An insect.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A poem.
4. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
5. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) The feather from his hat.
(d) A bag of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
2. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
3. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
5. What are Sir Political Would-Be and Peregrine discussing as they sit outside Corvino's home?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)