|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a eunuch.
2. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
3. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To entertain him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To woo him.
(d) To beg from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
2. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
3. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
5. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)