|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) To make room for another visitor.
(d) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
2. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) New York University.
(d) East Anglia University.
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1800's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1600's.
(d) The 1700's.
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a hermaphrodite.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)