|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(b) A masterpiece.
2. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
3. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a philosopher.
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His family.
(b) His speech.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
2. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
3. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
4. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)