|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(c) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
(d) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
3. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(b) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(c) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The sick room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
2. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)