|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an acrostic?
2. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)