|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A vial of medicine.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A new puppy.
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(d) A masterpiece.
4. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A fly.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A grasshopper.
5. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
(b) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to create something enjoyable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
4. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)