|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) The feather from his hat.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) His silver shoestrings.
(d) His watch.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
3. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His occupation.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His health.
(d) His name.
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
4. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)