|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A fly.
(d) A butterfly.
2. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An epitaph.
3. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He despises them.
(c) He is apathetic to them.
(d) He is terrified of them.
4. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shake.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He begins to shout.
(d) He begins to swear.
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the store.
(c) At the bank.
(d) In his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
3. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
5. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)