|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Oxford University.
2. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(d) A masterpiece.
3. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The sick room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The sitting room.
4. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
5. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) East Anglia University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) Cambridge University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
3. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
4. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)