|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) An allegory.
(c) A fable.
(d) A metaphor.
2. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
3. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(c) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(d) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
4. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The sick room.
(d) The sitting room.
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(c) They do not argue about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
2. How many children does Valpone have?
3. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
4. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
5. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)