|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their compassion.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their salaries.
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) The feather from his hat.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) His watch.
3. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
4. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(b) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(c) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(d) To make room for another visitor.
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a jester.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
2. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
3. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
4. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
5. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)