|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A brass candelabra.
(d) A silver cup.
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has no children.
(b) He has five children.
(c) He has one child.
(d) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(d) Expensive gifts.
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. What is an acrostic?
(a) An insect.
(b) A poem.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A type of fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
2. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
3. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
4. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
5. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)