|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A brass candelabra.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A gold plate.
(d) A silver cup.
2. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(b) They do not argue about anything.
3. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His youth.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
4. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)