|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(b) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
2. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their cunning.
(b) For their compassion.
(c) For their salaries.
(d) For their impeccable taste in suits.
3. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Oxford University.
4. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(c) A masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
2. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
3. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
4. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
5. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)