|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
2. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
2. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
4. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
5. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)