|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a philosopher.
2. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(c) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(d) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) An allegory.
(b) A dream.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A fable.
4. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His memory.
(b) His sight.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His voice.
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(c) They do not argue about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Valpone have?
2. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
3. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)