|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(b) He wants to see his own name in print.
(c) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(d) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
3. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
4. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(b) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(c) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(d) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
5. What is an acrostic?
(a) A poem.
(b) An insect.
(c) A type of fabric.
(d) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
3. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
4. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
5. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)