|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five days.
4. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A brass candelabra.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A diamond ring.
5. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
4. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
5. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)