|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
2. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the store.
(b) In his home.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the bank.
3. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
4. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
5. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
3. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
4. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
5. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)