|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five years.
2. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A dream.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) A fable.
(d) An allegory.
3. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a dwarf.
5. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) More than half of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Less than half of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
2. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
5. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)