|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A fable.
(b) An allegory.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A dream.
2. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(a) A masterpiece.
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(d) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(b) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
5. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
4. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
5. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)