|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
3. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a dwarf.
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1700's.
(b) The 1600's.
(c) The 1500's.
(d) The 1800's.
5. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His name.
(b) His occupation.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Valpone live?
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
3. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
4. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
5. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)