|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A fable.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A dream.
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a giant.
3. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A brass candelabra.
(d) A silver cup.
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His financial status.
(b) His occupation.
(c) His health.
(d) His name.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a hermaphrodite.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
2. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
3. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
4. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
5. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)