|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To entertain him.
(c) To beg from him.
(d) To fight him.
2. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A fly.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) A butterfly.
3. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
4. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
5. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) More than half of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Less than half of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
2. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
3. How many children does Valpone have?
4. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
5. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)