|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1500's.
(b) The 1800's.
(c) The 1700's.
(d) The 1600's.
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
3. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
4. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(d) A masterpiece.
5. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
2. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
5. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)