|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(b) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
3. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
4. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) Less than half of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) More than half of it.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. What is an acrostic?
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
5. In what country does Valpone live?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)