|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
2. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a con man.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a philosopher.
3. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A song.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A poem.
(d) An epitaph.
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
(b) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
3. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
5. How many children does Valpone have?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)