|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a giant.
2. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(b) He has five children.
(c) He has one child.
(d) He has no children.
3. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
4. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
(a) A song.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A poem.
(d) An epitaph.
5. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
(a) None of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Less than half of it.
(d) More than half of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
3. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
5. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)