|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a giant.
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. What is an acrostic?
(a) A poem.
(b) A type of fabric.
(c) An insect.
(d) A weapon.
4. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
5. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
4. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)