|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a giant.
2. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a dwarf.
3. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five days.
5. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(c) Expensive gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
2. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)