|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
2. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His financial status.
(b) His name.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His health.
3. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
(a) A masterpiece.
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
2. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
3. What is an acrostic?
4. How much of the plot of the play does Jonson spell out for the reader in the opening?
5. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)