|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the store.
(b) In his home.
(c) At the bank.
(d) In the library.
2. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
3. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a eunuch.
4. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(b) Expensive gifts.
5. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has five children.
(b) He has no children.
(c) He has one child.
(d) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
4. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)