|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A brass candelabra.
(d) A silver cup.
2. In what country does Valpone live?
3. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) New York University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) East Anglia University.
4. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
5. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(d) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
2. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
4. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
5. What literary technique does Jonson use to write the opening of the play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)