|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
(a) He wants to create a piece of artwork.
(b) He wants to create something enjoyable.
(c) He wants to see his own name in print.
(d) He wants to tell stories; they are in his blood.
2. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1600's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1700's.
(d) The 1800's.
3. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's assistant.
(b) He is Valpone's brother.
(c) He is Valpone's son.
(d) He is Valpone's business partner.
4. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(b) Expensive gifts.
5. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To beg from him.
(c) To fight him.
(d) To entertain him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
3. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
4. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
5. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)