|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To woo him.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To beg from him.
(d) To entertain him.
3. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a dwarf.
4. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1800's.
(b) The 1600's.
(c) The 1700's.
(d) The 1500's.
5. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
2. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
3. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
4. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)