|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the store.
(b) At the bank.
(c) In the library.
(d) In his home.
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shout.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He begins to shake.
(d) He begins to swear.
3. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a jester.
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His health.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His occupation.
(d) His name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
2. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
3. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
5. During what era is Valpone's story set?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)