|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
(a) To beg from him.
(b) To woo him.
(c) To fight him.
(d) To entertain him.
2. What is an acrostic?
(a) A poem.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A type of fabric.
(d) An insect.
3. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five weeks.
4. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
5. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
2. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
4. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
5. In what country does Valpone live?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)