|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a hermaphrodite.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a eunuch.
(d) He is a dwarf.
3. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A fly.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) A mosquito.
4. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
5. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Valpone live?
2. What does Valpone do for a living?
3. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. How many children does Valpone have?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)