|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following universities does Jonson first dedicate his play?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Princeton University.
2. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(b) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(c) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(d) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
3. What is an acrostic?
(a) A type of fabric.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A poem.
(d) An insect.
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a con man.
5. Which is the second university that Jonson dedicates his play to?
(a) East Anglia University.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) New York University.
(d) Brown University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
3. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)