|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(d) Expensive gifts.
3. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
4. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
5. How many children does Valpone have?
(a) He has no children.
(b) He has one child.
(c) He is unsure how many children he has fathered.
(d) He has five children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
3. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
4. How long does Jonson say it took him to write the entire play?
5. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)