|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to the disguised men hanging around his home?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He beats them up.
(c) He invites them inside for tea.
(d) He has them arrested.
2. What does Valpone claim wounded him during his scuffle with Corvino?
(a) His love for Celia.
(b) Corvino's fist.
(c) Corvino's knife.
(d) The thorns from a nearby rose bush.
3. What nationality is Peregrine?
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a con man.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an artist.
5. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His sight.
(b) His voice.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
3. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
4. What is the first letter of Jonson's acrostic?
5. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)