Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
(b) He refuses the gift.
(c) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(d) He is pleased with the gift.
2. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His silver shoestrings.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) The feather from his hat.
(d) His watch.
3. Why does Valpone allegedly admire lawyers?
(a) For their compassion.
(b) For their cunning.
(c) For their impeccable taste in suits.
(d) For their salaries.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Jonson's narrative voice?
5. What term does Valpone use to describe his three unusual visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
2. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
3. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
4. What does Jonson hope is the main thing audiences take away from his play?
5. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)