Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a jester.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is an artist.
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a hermaphrodite.
(b) He is a eunuch.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a giant.
4. What is an acrostic?
(a) A type of fabric.
(b) An insect.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A poem.
5. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonson express that he hopes his play will be?
2. How many lines is the Prologue of the play?
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
4. What does Jonson say is the reason why he wants to write a play?
5. During what era is Valpone's story set?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)