|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
(a) To go to church.
(b) To go to the hairdresser.
(c) To go to the lake.
(d) To go to the grocer.
2. In what room of the house does Mosca encourage Bonario to await his father's arrival to Valpone's?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the gallery.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) In the study.
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(b) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(c) To make room for another visitor.
(d) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
4. Who does Valpone enlist to be his number one man in making Celia his?
5. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Into Valpone's hand.
(b) Against Valpone's heart.
(c) Next to Valpone's ear.
(d) Against Valpone's temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
2. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
3. Who does Mosca claim offered their virginal daughter to Valpone?
4. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
5. How does Corvino respond to the disguised men hanging around his home?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)