|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Celia treated by her husband?
(a) Like a prisoner.
(b) Like a queen.
(c) Like a child.
(d) Like an animal.
2. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to shake.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He begins to shout.
(d) He begins to swear.
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(b) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(c) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(d) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
4. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a doctor.
5. What article does Valpone urge passersby to throw to him in the hopes of winning a prize?
(a) Their scarves.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their hankerchiefs.
(d) Their hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
2. Who interrupts Nano's tale of Valpone's soul with a knock at the door?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
4. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)