|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Valpone as he is waiting for Mosca to return from his meeting with Corbaccio?
2. How long has Valpone been pretending to be sick when Voltoro arrives?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What event does Corvino tell his wife to dress for after his conversation with Mosca?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An opera.
(c) A feast.
(d) A wedding.
4. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(b) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(c) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(d) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
5. What is the powder that Valpone offers as a prize meant to restore?
(a) Lost souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Valpone have?
2. When is the only time Celia is allowed to leave the house?
3. Why is Celia so surprised to see Valpone?
4. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
5. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)