|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mosca say is helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
(a) A powder.
(b) A pill.
(c) A salve.
(d) A cream.
2. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1600's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1700's.
(d) The 1800's.
3. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) A gold plate.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A vial of medicine.
4. Why is Corvino worried that his reputation might be tarnished in court?
(a) Because of his financial standing.
(b) Because of his treatment of his wife.
(c) Because of the treatment of his servants.
(d) Because of his plots against Valpone.
5. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
2. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
3. How does Sir Political Would-Be describe the two men who arrive at Celia's house?
4. Who is responsible for identifying the two men when they arrive at Celia's home?
5. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)