|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT enter Valpone's home with the intent to fight against his named heir?
(d) Lady Political Would-Be.
2. How does Peregrine react to his conversation with Sir Political Would-Be?
(a) He is pleased to see him.
(b) He is afraid of Sir Politic's temper.
(c) He ignores Sir Politic completely.
(d) He is annoyed with their conversation.
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A ball.
(b) A feast.
(c) A party.
(d) A war.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(b) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
5. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Into Valpone's hand.
(b) Next to Valpone's ear.
(c) Against Valpone's heart.
(d) Against Valpone's temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sir Political Would-Be?
2. To whom does Valpone admit that he has been faking his illness?
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
4. Who runs to Celia's aide when she is threatened to be raped?
5. What is Valpone willing to sacrifice in order to make Celia his?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)