|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a jester.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
(a) At the bank.
(b) In his home.
(c) At the store.
(d) In the library.
3. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
4. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He is pleased with the gift.
(b) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(c) He refuses the gift.
(d) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
5. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He is a giant.
(c) He is a hermaphrodite.
(d) He is a eunuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
2. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
3. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
4. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
5. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)