|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the character Castrone?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a giant.
(d) He is a dwarf.
2. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(b) They do not argue about anything.
3. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Into Valpone's hand.
(b) Next to Valpone's ear.
(c) Against Valpone's heart.
(d) Against Valpone's temple.
4. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(d) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
5. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A party.
(b) A war.
(c) A ball.
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
2. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
3. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
4. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)