|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Mosca's name associated with?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A fly.
2. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(b) They do not argue about anything.
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(b) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(c) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(d) To make room for another visitor.
4. What two jewels has Corvino brought for Valpone?
(a) An emerald and a ruby.
(b) A sapphire and a garnet.
(c) A pearl and a diamond.
(d) An opal and an amethyst.
5. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(b) Expensive gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
2. Who shows Voltore into Valpone's room?
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
4. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
5. How does Corvino respond to Mosca's proposal of violence?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)