|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1600's.
(b) The 1500's.
(c) The 1800's.
(d) The 1700's.
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) His watch.
(b) The feather from his hat.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) His silver shoestrings.
4. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(b) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(c) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(d) How much Valpone lies to the world.
5. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His riding clothes.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) His old school uniform.
(d) His sick clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
2. How long does Valpone tell Lady Would-Be to wait before returning to him?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
5. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)