|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of memory.
(b) His sense of sight.
(c) His sense of hearing.
(d) His sense of speech.
2. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
3. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(b) He does not care about them at all.
(c) He does not even know that they exist.
(d) He has made small provisions for them.
4. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(c) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(d) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A gold plate.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A vial of medicine.
(d) A new puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
2. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
3. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
4. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
5. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)