|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mosca beg Voltore to do when Valpone dies?
(a) Purchase Valpone's house from his estate.
(b) Hire Mosca as his servant.
(c) Tell the world the truth about Valpone.
(d) Split the profits of Valpone's will with Mosca.
2. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His memory.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His sight.
(d) His voice.
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A metaphor.
(b) A dream.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A fable.
4. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) His sick clothes.
(c) His riding clothes.
(d) His old school uniform.
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a jester.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
2. What does Valpone do for a living?
3. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
4. What does Valpone say that riches are better than?
5. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)