|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
2. What confession does Valpone make to Voltore during their visit?
(a) That he is lying about being sick.
(b) That he thinks he will die soon.
(c) That he believes he will make a full recovery.
(d) That he is a con man by trade.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. What sense does Mosca tell Corvino that Valpone has lost?
(a) His sense of speech.
(b) His sense of hearing.
(c) His sense of memory.
(d) His sense of sight.
5. What relationship does Mosca have with Valpone?
(a) He is Valpone's brother.
(b) He is Valpone's business partner.
(c) He is Valpone's assistant.
(d) He is Valpone's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
2. What does Voltore gift to Valpone when he comes for a visit?
3. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
4. In what country does Valpone live?
5. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)