|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A fable.
(b) A dream.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A metaphor.
2. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(d) Expensive gifts.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(b) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
5. What does Voltore do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a jester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
2. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
3. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
5. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)