|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone do for a living?
(a) He is a con man.
(b) He is a philosopher.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an artist.
2. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
(a) His sick clothes.
(b) His riding clothes.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) His old school uniform.
3. Which part of Corbaccio is failing?
(a) His hearing.
(b) His memory.
(c) His voice.
(d) His sight.
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His name.
(b) His financial status.
(c) His health.
(d) His occupation.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
(b) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(c) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(d) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Valpone's behavior when Voltore is in the room?
2. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
3. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
4. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
5. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)