|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Corbaccio vocally argue with Valpone about?
(a) They do not argue about anything.
2. Why does Mosca hurry Voltore out the door after his visit with Valpone?
(a) To make room for another visitor.
(b) Because Mosca does not want Valpone to overhear their conversation.
(c) Because Voltore can see that Valpone is not really sick.
(d) Because Voltore does not have enough money to stay longer.
3. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) A fable.
(b) A dream.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A metaphor.
4. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
5. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Against Valpone's heart.
(b) Against Valpone's temple.
(c) Into Valpone's hand.
(d) Next to Valpone's ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mosca suggest Corbaccio disinherit?
2. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
3. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
4. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
5. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)