|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
(a) An allegory.
(b) A fable.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A dream.
2. Which of the following best describes the character Nano?
(a) He is a eunuch.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a giant.
3. During what era is Valpone's story set?
(a) The 1700's.
(b) The 1600's.
(c) The 1800's.
(d) The 1500's.
4. Who does Mosca tell that Valpone has named his heir?
5. Where does Corvino press the jewels he has brought for Valpone?
(a) Against Valpone's temple.
(b) Into Valpone's hand.
(c) Against Valpone's heart.
(d) Next to Valpone's ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
2. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
4. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
5. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)