|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
(a) The library.
(b) The sick room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The sitting room.
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
(a) He is a giant.
(b) He is a hermaphrodite.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a eunuch.
3. What does Valpone tell Mosca is the best way to spend riches?
(a) To spend riches as soon as they are earned.
(b) To save money so that it can be passed on to the next generation.
(c) To save the riches for as long as possible before spending it.
(d) To think about each purchase and what impact it will make on the riches.
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His health.
(b) His name.
(c) His financial status.
(d) His occupation.
5. What do the Venetian businessmen gift to Valpone in the hopes of working their way into his will?
(d) Expensive gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
2. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
3. What does Valpone do for a living?
4. Who does Mosca tell Voltore he is sure will be named Valpone's heir?
5. Why have Nano, Castrone, and Androgyno come to visit with Valpone?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)