|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mosca claim Valpone feels about his bastard children?
(a) He does not care about them at all.
(b) He does not even know that they exist.
(c) He hopes they will be treated as royalty by his heir.
(d) He has made small provisions for them.
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
5. How does Valpone respond to Nano's tracing of his soul?
(a) He begins to sing.
(b) He begins to swear.
(c) He begins to shake.
(d) He begins to shout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
2. During what era is Valpone's story set?
3. What does Voltore do for a living?
4. In which room of his house does Valpone entertain Volotre?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)