|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
(b) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(c) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(d) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
2. How does Valpone react to the "private" conversation Mosca has with Voltore when escorting him away from the house?
(a) Valpone is offended by the conversation.
(b) Valpone is confused by the conversation.
(c) Valpone is pleased with the conversation.
(d) Valpone is angered by the conversation.
3. After Corvino leaves, what does Valpone urge his entertainers to prepare for?
(a) A war.
(b) A ball.
(c) A feast.
(d) A party.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(d) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
5. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His speech.
(c) His family.
(d) His youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Valpone when he is first introduced to the audience?
2. What is Valpone pretending to be doing when Corvino enters the room?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the character Corbaccio?
4. Which of the following is NOT a character that Mosca claims is one of Valpone's children?
5. What type of story does Nano tell Valpone when he first arrives at his home?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)