|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violence does Mosca ask Corvino to carry out against Valpone?
(a) Smothering him.
(b) Stabbing him.
(c) Shooting him.
(d) Poisoning him.
2. What do Corvino and Mosca discuss, thinking that Valpone cannot hear them?
(a) How abusive Valpone is to his hired help.
(b) How disgusting Valpone's body is.
(c) How Valpone has no respect for women.
(d) How much Valpone lies to the world.
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) The feather from his hat.
(d) His watch.
4. What is Valpone lying about to the Venetian businessmen who have befriended him?
(a) His financial status.
(b) His name.
(c) His health.
(d) His occupation.
5. What does Valpone say in response to the gift that Voltore has given him?
(a) He places the gift in the middle of the table so that he can look at it all day.
(b) He tells Voltore that he does not want the gift.
(c) He puts the gift off to the side and forgets about it.
(d) He thanks him for the gift repeatedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nano trace Valpone's soul back to?
2. Which of the following best describes the character Androgyno?
3. Which of the following terms do Mosca and Valpone use to describe their visitors?
4. What animal is Valpone's name associated with?
5. When Volotre arrives, what does Valpone rush to change into?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)