|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 1, 2, and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valpone feel about doctors?
(a) He despises them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He is apathetic to them.
(d) He is terrified of them.
2. How does Valpone react to Corbaccio's second gift?
(a) He adds the gift to his accumulating pile without acknowledging it.
(b) He is pleased with the gift.
(c) He refuses the gift.
(d) He tells Corbaccio that it is all too much.
3. What does Corbaccio gift to Valpone after hearing that Voltore was there earlier?
(a) The feather from his hat.
(b) His silver shoestrings.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) His watch.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Mosca gives to Corbaccio for renaming Valpone as his own heir?
(a) Valpone will be forced to return the favor by renaming Corbaccio as his heir.
(b) Corbaccio will surely outlive Valpone and can change his will again later.
(c) Corbaccio's family is dishonest and plotting to kill the old man themselves.
(d) Valpone will greatly appreciate the gesture.
5. What does Corbaccio bring as a gift for Valpone?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) A vial of medicine.
(c) A gold plate.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valpone pretending to do when Corbaccio enters the room?
2. How many legacy hunters does Mosca say have been instrumental in helping to cure Valpone's ailments?
3. What does Corbaccio wish to have restored to him?
4. How does Sir Politic hope to test for the plague in Italy?
5. How does Corbaccio react when he hears that Valpone's health is failing?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)