Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how "The Negro Digs up His Past" by Arthur A. Schomburg and "George S. Schuyler's "Our Greatest Gift to America" discuss the idea that the greatest of the Negro race are dissociated with the race as a whole and what both find in the Negroes reaction to this idea.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the roles of the Negro performers from the two provided interviews, "Conversation with James P. Johnson" by Tom Davin and an "Interview with Eubie Blake, October 16, 1973" by Nathan Irvin Huggins.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Locke means when he uses the term "American Negro". Also discuss how this term fits with his idea of Negroes behavior as a stereotype.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)