Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
Discuss the role of Negro magazines and newspapers during the early 1900s, specifically "The Messenger" and "Fire". What was the purpose of the contents of the works and how does this provide a deeper insight for the reader to better understand the issues of the time?
Discuss the element of rage in the sixth section's literature "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage". Compare and contrast the perception of what this emotional rage represents, the current state of the Negroes or a prompt to fight for their equality.
Compare and contrast the roles of the Negro performers from the two provided interviews, "Conversation with James P. Johnson" by Tom Davin and an "Interview with Eubie Blake, October 16, 1973" by Nathan Irvin Huggins.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)