Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the tolerance of racism in Negros and whites. How do they both demonstrate a tolerance to this accepted behavior?Do they begin to demonstrate a movement towards equality within the two races? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the reader's perception of the first section, "New Negro Radicalism" is unclear on how the ideas and prompts should be viewed. Explain how they present a positive front, negative front or both in their challenges to the Negro race.
Essay Topic 3
Considering Effie from Fisher's story "Blades of Steel", compare and contrast the women of today's society with the women of the early 1900s. Explain how Effie demonstrates a direct mentality of the women during the early 1900s.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)