Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
Compare and contrast the progression and transition of "old" to "new" leaders by analyzing the beginning works with Georgia Douglas Johnson's poem "Old Black Men". Discuss how important this ideology is to the theme of "Voices from the Harlen Renaissance" as well as the state of society of the 1900s.
Compare and contrast the role of the African Nation in "Voices from the Renaissance". Considering "Garveyism" by Randolph and "Africa for Africans" by Garvey, discuss how the authors feel about the nation of Africa in relation to the Negroes in America. How do the authors present a positive or negative ideology for Africa's future?
Considering Effie from Fisher's story "Blades of Steel", compare and contrast the women of today's society with the women of the early 1900s. Explain how Effie demonstrates a direct mentality of the women during the early 1900s.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)