Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
Discuss the perception and depiction of Harlem in "Voices from the Harlem Renaissance". Compare and contrast the different images we are given of this city in relationship to its inhabitants as well as cultural and artistic connections.
Compare and contrast the beginning of the book's literature with the end of the book's literature. How do the theme, ideas, and challenges of the authors at the beginning like Domingo, McKay and Randolph differ from the authors at the end like DuBois and Hughes? How do these works progress like the mentality of the Negroes during that time?
Compare and contrast the role of the African Nation in "Voices from the Renaissance". Considering "Garveyism" by Randolph and "Africa for Africans" by Garvey, discuss how the authors feel about the nation of Africa in relation to the Negroes in America. How do the authors present a positive or negative ideology for Africa's future?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)