|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "A Southern Road"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
(d) Helene Johnson.
2. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) Arthur A. Schomberg.
3. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
(a) The old men realize life hasn't turned out as they planned.
(b) They're color.
(c) They're age.
(d) They're relationships.
4. When was "Fifty Years" written?
(a) 50 years before slavery begins.
(b) The 50th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
(c) 50 years after slavery ends.
(d) The 50th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
5. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
(a) Migration in China.
(c) European descent.
(d) Indian descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
2. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
3. What does the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past" conclude with?
4. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
5. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)