|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) No one.
(d) Some etymologists.
2. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
3. What is the title of James Weldon Johnson's book that details events about Negro artists in general and poets in particular?
(a) "Study of Negro Artistry".
(b) "The Book of American Negro Poetry".
(c) "Study of Works by Negroes".
(d) "Negro Artist's and Poet's Revisited".
4. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
(a) White's are supreme in this way of living.
(b) Skin color measures a man's worth.
(c) Negroes are inferior to the government.
(d) It divides the power evenly.
5. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
(b) The poorest of the poor.
(c) The next poorest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 3 line poem about?
2. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
3. Who is the author of the poem "Conception"?
4. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
5. What do most of the poems in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage" have in common?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)