|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
(a) It needs a purpose.
(b) It needs to be durable to last.
(c) Someone has to feel connected to it.
(d) It must have propaganda.
2. Who is the author of "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
(a) Helene Johnson.
3. What is the title of the essay by Langston Hughes that delves into the racial stumbling block Negro artists face?
(a) "The Negro Artist and the Racial Mountain".
(b) "The Artist and its Race".
(c) "The Race to be an Artist".
(d) "The Race and the Artist".
4. What is the title of Hughes's poem that points out that artistic endeavors can release the "hurt in your heart"?
(d) "Hurt Heart".
5. What question does Brown end his poem "Remembering Nat Turner" with?
(a) If Turner is innocent.
(b) If Turner is the murderer.
(c) If he'll remember Turner.
(d) If Turner is now at rest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
2. Who is the author of "Art or Propaganda"?
3. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
4. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
5. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)