Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(b) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
(c) "Visual Arts".
(d) "Seeing Blackness".
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
(a) It uses dramatic irony.
(b) It uses symbolism.
(c) The words are rounded off at the end to mimic the Negro speech.
(d) The words are written in perfect speech.
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Joey Lawrence.
(b) Joe Lindsay.
(c) Joeseph Lies.
(d) Lindsey Joeseph.
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) If she can sing.
(c) If she can dance.
(d) What her role will be in Heaven.
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
(a) Dr. Park.
(b) Dr. Parkes.
(c) Dr. Perkins.
(d) Dr. P.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
3. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
4. According to Hughes, what does he find to be a subconscious belief in most Negro homes?
5. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)