|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "If We Must Die".
2. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
(a) It needs to be durable to last.
(b) It must have propaganda.
(c) Someone has to feel connected to it.
(d) It needs a purpose.
3. In "A Negro Nation Within the Nation", who does the author say needs to plan for the whole?
(a) The working class.
(b) Educated people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
4. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
(a) Reclaimed background of the race as a whole.
(b) Self knowledge.
(c) His desire to be famous.
(d) Self motivation.
5. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in torment.
(b) Shouting in fear.
(c) Shouting in anger.
(d) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
2. How does Hurston originally define the word "jook"?
3. What is the title of the poem that expresses McKay's love and hatred for America?
4. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
5. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)