|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) Some etymologists.
(d) No one.
2. Who is the author of "Harlem Runs Wild"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
3. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Race Pride".
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(d) "The Future As I See It".
4. What is the title of the essay by Langston Hughes that delves into the racial stumbling block Negro artists face?
(a) "The Race to be an Artist".
(b) "The Race and the Artist".
(c) "The Artist and its Race".
(d) "The Negro Artist and the Racial Mountain".
5. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Aunt Jem.
(b) Uncle Jim.
(c) Aunt Em.
(d) Uncle Jem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
2. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
3. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
4. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)