|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(a) A hat.
(c) A purse.
2. Where does the main person in "Barrel Staves" find a job?
(a) At a carwash.
(b) At a theater.
(c) At a fruit stand.
(d) At a bank.
3. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
4. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
(a) "I Too Sing America".
(c) "Crossing Jordan".
5. What does Cullen seem to indicate about heaven in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) That heaven is a very serious place.
(b) That everyone in heaven is really talented.
(c) That heaven is really fun.
(d) That eveyone is pretty in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Harlem Runs Wild", who lends his support to the Negro Industrial and Clerical Alliance?
2. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
3. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
4. How much money did Hughes and Thurman, along with the other creators in "The Big Sea", plan to invest in their new idea?
5. What positive trends are cited in "A Negro Nation Within the Nation"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)