|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
(a) A funeral sermon.
(b) An apology.
(c) A monologue.
(d) A soliloquy.
2. Who argues that Negroes did alter the English language?
(c) Some etymologists.
(d) No one.
3. Who is the author of "A Negro Nation Within the Nation"?
(c) Helene Johnson.
4. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
5. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
2. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
3. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
4. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)