|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A protection of their race.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A new pride.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
2. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
3. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(a) Breathing in songs and sermons.
(b) The technique to conjure spirits.
(c) The technique of sounds production.
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are old.
(b) Many are inexperienced.
(c) Many are white.
(d) He hates them.
5. What does the main person in "Barrel Staves" resort to thinking is bad luck?
(c) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
2. What is the name of the Negro magazine Hughes describes in "The Big Sea"?
3. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
4. Who is the main person in "Barrel Staves" story by Bontemps?
5. In "A Negro Nation Within the Nation", who does the author say needs to plan for the whole?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)