|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(b) Du Bois.
2. What does Cullen seem to indicate about heaven in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) That heaven is really fun.
(b) That heaven is a very serious place.
(c) That eveyone is pretty in heaven.
(d) That everyone in heaven is really talented.
3. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Leagues of Prtection.
(b) Citizens Protective League.
(c) Protection Gangs.
(d) Citizen Protection.
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
5. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical changes.
(b) Radical measures.
(c) Conservative changes.
(d) Conservative measures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
4. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
5. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)