|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denies any charges that he or she incurs during an interview with McKay?
2. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
(a) The old men realize life hasn't turned out as they planned.
(b) They're color.
(c) They're age.
(d) They're relationships.
3. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(d) Du Bois.
4. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
(a) Dr. Perkins.
(b) Dr. P.
(c) Dr. Parkes.
(d) Dr. Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
3. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
4. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
5. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)