|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(d) Pop Overton.
2. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
3. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) Some Negro men were active in running the slave trade.
(b) Some Negro men were active in halting the slave trade.
(c) White men forced Negro men to work.
(d) No Negro men were allowed to work the slave trade.
4. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
(a) Dr. Perkins.
(b) Dr. Parkes.
(c) Dr. P.
(d) Dr. Park.
5. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
2. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
3. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
4. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
5. What were the acrobatic performers seeking in "The Big Sea"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)