|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Lack of education.
2. What do Hughes and Thurman join with others to create in "The Big Sea"?
(a) A band.
(b) A Negro newspaper.
(c) A club.
(d) A Negro magazine called "Fire".
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nikki Court.
(b) Nicholas Cunard.
(c) Nancy Cunard.
(d) Nicole Cunny.
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(b) They back down.
(c) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(d) They fight back.
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(b) About to jay walk.
(c) Waiting for someone.
(d) Acting drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
2. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
5. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)