|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) If she can dance.
(c) What her role will be in Heaven.
(d) If she can sing.
2. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
(d) Dr. Parkes.
3. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(b) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
4. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new appreciation of their lives.
(b) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new pride.
5. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
2. How does Thurman die in "The Big Sea"?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
5. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)