|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Citizens Protective League.
(b) Protection Gangs.
(c) Leagues of Prtection.
(d) Citizen Protection.
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(a) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. Who is given credit to be the first Negro poet to be able to "rise to a height from which he could take a perspective view of his own race"?
(a) Paul Doohey.
(b) Lauren Dunbar.
(c) Paulene Laurence.
(d) Paul Laurence Dunbar.
4. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in torment.
(b) Shouting in fear.
(c) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
(d) Shouting in anger.
5. Who claimed that the result of support for all major churches in Harlem in "Harlem Runs Wild" was an "anti-semitic movement"?
(a) Jewish leaders.
(b) Methodist leaders.
(c) Catholic priests.
(d) Baptist preachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem "Conception"?
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
5. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)