|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(a) The originis of spirits.
(b) The origins of hymns.
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What is the title of the poem that expresses McKay's love and hatred for America?
(a) "The Dual Relationship in America".
(c) "The Duality of Life".
(d) "Mixed Emotions".
4. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A map.
(b) A catalogue of events.
(c) A diary entry.
(d) 2 descriptive poems.
5. What is the title of Hughes's poem that points out that artistic endeavors can release the "hurt in your heart"?
(c) "Hurt Heart".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
3. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
4. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
5. When was "Fifty Years" written?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)