|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem by Hughes that explains how life is not always a straight path, but a journey to rise?
(a) "Run to Rise".
(b) "Mother to Son".
(c) "Dream Variations".
(d) "Song for a Dark Girl".
2. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A snake.
3. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Citizens Protective League.
(b) Leagues of Prtection.
(c) Citizen Protection.
(d) Protection Gangs.
5. Who is the author of "Go Down Death"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. How many facts does the author present in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
4. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Runs Wild"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)