|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(c) Some etymologists.
(d) No one.
2. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
(b) Shouting in anger.
(c) Shouting in fear.
(d) Shouting in torment.
3. What kind of editorials did Thurman write for the Negro magazine that Hughes describes in "The Big Sea"?
4. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(d) Aristocracy and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
2. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
3. What do Hughes and Thurman join with others to create in "The Big Sea"?
4. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)