|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A snake.
(d) A giraffe.
2. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
(d) Dr. Parkes.
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "American Negro".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Black Manhattan".
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(b) It's dilapidated.
(c) It's overpopulated.
(d) He loves it.
5. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
5. What is the title of the essay by Langston Hughes that delves into the racial stumbling block Negro artists face?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)