|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
(a) Negroes desire to learn.
(b) Where negroes came from.
(c) Negroes ancestry.
(d) They connect Negroe relationships with their white counterparts.
2. What is formed as a result of support for all major churches in Harlem in "Harlem Runs Wild"?
(a) Citizens Alliance.
(b) Fair Play Alliance.
(c) Citizens League for Fair Play.
(d) Fair Play for Citizens.
3. Who is the author of "A Negro Nation Within the Nation"?
(b) Helene Johnson.
4. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
5. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(b) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(c) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(d) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
3. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
5. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)