|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rules does "Blueprint for Negro Writing" list?
2. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A type of movement or dance.
(b) A house.
(c) A food.
(d) A song.
3. Who argues that Negroes did alter the English language?
(a) Some etymologists.
(b) No one.
4. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) The history of her artwork.
(b) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(c) Her thoughts on Africa.
(d) How to become a successful Negroe.
5. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
(c) "Crossing Jordan".
(d) "I Too Sing America".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
2. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
5. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)