|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
(a) A monologue.
(b) A funeral sermon.
(c) An apology.
(d) A soliloquy.
2. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
3. What does "The Big Sea" by Langston Hughes discuss?
(a) The roll of Negro women.
(b) The roll of Negroes in literature, music and culture.
(c) The roll of Negro men.
(d) The roll of Negro children.
4. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) They were all enslaved once.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
5. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
(b) Hurston's life.
(d) Hot summers in Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In exchange of going to a nightclub, where would Negroes go to have fun in "The Big Sea"?
2. What type of literary writing style is effective in the 3 line poem?
3. How much money did Hughes and Thurman, along with the other creators in "The Big Sea", plan to invest in their new idea?
4. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)