|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. Who is the author of "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
(a) George S. Schuyler.
(b) George Shultz.
(d) Geroge Smith.
3. Where does the main person in "Barrel Staves" find a job?
(a) At a carwash.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a fruit stand.
(d) At a theater.
4. Who is the author of "Harlem Runs Wild"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
5. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) If she can sing.
(c) What her role will be in Heaven.
(d) If she can dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
2. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
5. In exchange of going to a nightclub, where would Negroes go to have fun in "The Big Sea"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)