|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Renaissance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who care for only themselves.
(b) Men who fight.
(c) Men who are weak and old.
(d) Men who turn the other cheek.
2. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(c) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(d) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
3. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) William Bradford.
(b) Bill Brooks.
(c) William H. Brooks.
(d) Willy Breaks.
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(b) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A burning passion for equality.
(d) A will to fight fire with fire.
5. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A Negro sailor.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A gypsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
2. What type of music is in "The Banjo Player"?
3. Who denies any charges that he or she incurs during an interview with McKay?
4. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
5. Who arrived in America as a child and was purchased by a man in Boston?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)