|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hughes, what does he find to be a subconscious belief in most Negro homes?
(a) To be white is better.
(b) To be white means power.
(c) To be white means wealth.
(d) That they are inferior to whites.
2. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) About to jay walk.
(b) Acting drunk.
(c) Waiting for someone.
3. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(c) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Conservative measures.
(b) Radical changes.
(c) Radical measures.
(d) Conservative changes.
5. Which of the following is NOT a poem written by Countee Cullen?
(a) "To John Keets, Poet, At Springtime".
(b) "For a Poet".
(c) "Annabelle Lee".
(d) "Yet Do I Marvel".
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
2. Who argues that Negroes did alter the English language?
3. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
4. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)