|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem "Conception"?
2. What type of music is in "The Banjo Player"?
(c) Music of peasant people.
3. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of money.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Lack of love.
4. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
5. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
2. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
3. Who is given credit to be the first Negro poet to be able to "rise to a height from which he could take a perspective view of his own race"?
4. What is the name of the woman in "Go Down Death"?
5. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)