|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of "Art or Propaganda" believe about the sustainability of art?
(a) It needs a purpose.
(b) It needs to be durable to last.
(c) Someone has to feel connected to it.
(d) It must have propaganda.
2. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Citizens Protective League.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Leagues of Prtection.
(d) Protection Gangs.
3. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They are being studied and not debated about.
(b) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(c) They see only what they want to see.
(d) They do not understand the Negro race.
4. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) Their fragments of love.
(b) Their fragments of art work.
(c) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(d) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
5. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new pride.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
2. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
3. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
4. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
5. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)