|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
(a) They're color.
(b) The old men realize life hasn't turned out as they planned.
(c) They're age.
(d) They're relationships.
2. When was "Fifty Years" written?
(a) 50 years before slavery begins.
(b) The 50th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
(c) The 50th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) 50 years after slavery ends.
3. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(b) "Seeing Blackness".
(c) "Visual Arts".
(d) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
4. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
(c) Dr. Parkes.
5. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
(a) The next poorest.
(b) The poorest of the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
2. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
3. What is the name of the woman in "Go Down Death"?
4. How many poems of Countee Cullen's follow "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual" in the section "Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage"?
5. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)