|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(a) Negroes cuisine.
(b) Underground trains.
2. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
(b) Dr. Parkes.
3. Who believes Africans did not add any words to the English language?
(a) No one.
(c) Some etymologists.
4. What is the title of McKay's poem where people gather around a lynched man?
(a) "The Lynched".
(b) "To Witness Lynching".
(c) "The Lynching".
(d) "Lynched: Past and Present".
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(b) They were all enslaved once.
(c) Enslavement still exists today.
(d) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author of "Go Down Death" describe the poem as?
2. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
5. Who is the author of the poem "Conception"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)