|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who turn the other cheek.
(b) Men who are weak and old.
(c) Men who fight.
(d) Men who care for only themselves.
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better lifestyle.
(b) More space to live.
(c) Better conditions.
(d) More food.
3. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) William H. Brooks.
(b) Willy Breaks.
(c) Bill Brooks.
(d) William Bradford.
4. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
(b) Whites are serving Negroes.
(c) They are now attracting a white clientele.
(d) Whites are prohibited.
5. What is the title of the poem by Hughes that explains how life is not always a straight path, but a journey to rise?
(a) "Run to Rise".
(b) "Song for a Dark Girl".
(c) "Dream Variations".
(d) "Mother to Son".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
2. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
3. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. Who says there is a "decadent strain" in the works of the Negro artists due to their lack of connection to its roots, in Thurman's story?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)