|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston later give credit to a "jook" being?
(a) A food.
(b) A song.
(c) A house.
(d) A type of movement or dance.
2. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of love.
3. Who is the author of "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
(a) Helene Johnson.
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They do not understand the Negro race.
(b) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(c) They are being studied and not debated about.
(d) They see only what they want to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
5. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)