|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
(a) With an essay.
(b) With 2 songs.
(c) With 2 interviews.
(d) With 2 poems.
2. What is the title of McKay's poem where people gather around a lynched man?
(a) "The Lynched".
(b) "The Lynching".
(c) "Lynched: Past and Present".
(d) "To Witness Lynching".
3. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "America" and "Africa".
(b) "Asia" and "Africa".
(c) "Mulatto" and "America".
(d) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "Africa for the Africans".
(b) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) If We Must Die".
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
2. What happens to Sykes?
3. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)