|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A Negro sailor.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A gypsy.
2. How many pieces of art does the last section in "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition" have?
3. How does Hurston originally define the word "jook"?
(a) A type of person.
(b) A song.
(c) A food.
(d) A bawdy house.
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's dilapidated.
(b) It's overpopulated.
(c) He loves it.
(d) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
5. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem "Old Black Men" describe?
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
4. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
5. Who is the author of the poem "Conception"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)