|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
(a) To act rich.
(b) To not act poor.
(c) To misbehave.
(d) To act right.
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(b) Pop Overton.
3. What happens to Sykes?
(a) A snake bites and kills him.
(b) He is shot.
(c) His mistress leaves him.
(d) Delia leaves him.
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
2. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
4. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
5. Who is always one step higher than the Negroes, according to Schuyler?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)