|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
2. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
(a) She thinks it is unoriginal.
(b) It's abstract.
(c) It is original, although often discredited.
(d) It's appealing.
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A desire to reach "home".
(b) "A new vision of opportunity".
(c) "A new born optimism".
(d) "A desire for the old way of life".
4. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
5. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
(a) With 2 songs.
(b) With 2 poems.
(c) With an essay.
(d) With 2 interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
2. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
3. Why has democracy worked so well in America, according to "Our Greatest Gift to America"?
4. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)