|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
2. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A rabi.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A monkey.
3. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) The history of her artwork.
(b) Her thoughts on Africa.
(c) How to become a successful Negroe.
(d) Her thoughts on Harlem.
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(b) They fight back.
(c) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(d) They back down.
5. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
(a) "I Too Sing America".
(c) "Crossing Jordan".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Art or Propaganda"?
2. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
3. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
4. What is the title of Hughes's poem that points out that artistic endeavors can release the "hurt in your heart"?
5. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)