|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To take their tax money.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To campaign in their area.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until he receives national recognition.
(b) Until the old crowd dies.
(c) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(d) Until women are seen as equal.
4. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) What motivated them to move.
(b) Trends and their tendencies to move.
(c) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
(d) Where they move and migrateto.
5. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's symmetrical and angular.
(b) It's harsh to the eye.
(c) It's fluid.
(d) It's easy on the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
4. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
5. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)