|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
(a) "Dead Fires".
(b) "Fire Flies".
(c) "Night Flies".
(d) "Dead Flies".
2. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
(a) To be like others.
(b) To feel better.
(c) For money.
(d) For the fun; not to be like others.
3. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "Asia" and "Africa".
(b) "Mulatto" and "America".
(c) "America" and "Africa".
(d) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
4. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To make empty promises.
(b) To campaign in their area.
(c) To take their tax money.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
5. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
(b) "Infants of Spring".
(c) "Youthful Summer".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
2. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
3. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
5. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)