|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better conditions.
(b) More space to live.
(c) More food.
(d) Better lifestyle.
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Robert Thorpe.
(b) Robert Thatcher.
(c) Bobby Therron.
(d) Rob Thorne.
3. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can dance.
(b) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(c) If she can sing.
(d) What her role will be in Heaven.
4. What does Hurston examine in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
(b) The origins of hymns.
(d) The originis of spirits.
5. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
(a) Migration in China.
(b) European descent.
(d) Indian descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. Who is given credit to be the first Negro poet to be able to "rise to a height from which he could take a perspective view of his own race"?
4. What does Cullen seem to indicate about heaven in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
5. What question does Brown end his poem "Remembering Nat Turner" with?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)