|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of James Weldon Johnson's book that details events about Negro artists in general and poets in particular?
(a) "Negro Artist's and Poet's Revisited".
(b) "Study of Works by Negroes".
(c) "Study of Negro Artistry".
(d) "The Book of American Negro Poetry".
2. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(b) About to jay walk.
(c) Acting drunk.
(d) Waiting for someone.
3. According to "Our Greatest Gift to America", where do Negroes frequently spend their time?
4. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
(b) "Youthful Summer".
(d) "Infants of Spring".
5. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
(a) Negroes ancestry.
(b) They connect Negroe relationships with their white counterparts.
(c) Negroes desire to learn.
(d) Where negroes came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Fifty Years" written?
2. What technique does Hurston discuss in "Spiritual and Neo-Spiritual"?
3. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)