|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alien Gospel or Source of Inspiration?; Alienation, Anger, Rage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
(a) To feel better.
(b) For the fun; not to be like others.
(c) To be like others.
(d) For money.
2. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
(a) Shouting in religious ceremonies.
(b) Shouting in fear.
(c) Shouting in torment.
(d) Shouting in anger.
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the old crowd dies.
(b) Until women are seen as equal.
(c) Until he receives national recognition.
(d) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
4. What does Cullen seem to wonder in her poem "She of the Dancing Feet Sings"?
(a) If she can sing and dance simultaneously.
(b) If she can sing.
(c) If she can dance.
(d) What her role will be in Heaven.
5. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
2. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
3. Whose growls are heard by the people at the end of "Uncle Monday"?
4. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
5. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)