|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is given credit to be the first Negro poet to be able to "rise to a height from which he could take a perspective view of his own race"?
(a) Lauren Dunbar.
(b) Paul Doohey.
(c) Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(d) Paulene Laurence.
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To diminsih their goals.
(b) To take their tax money.
(c) To campaign in their area.
(d) To make empty promises.
3. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
(a) Cleans for "white folks".
(b) Laundry for "white folks".
(c) Cooks for "white folks".
(d) Keeps house.
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They will never reach that great nation.
(b) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(c) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
5. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A rabi.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
4. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)