|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's overpopulated.
(b) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(c) It's dilapidated.
(d) He loves it.
2. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A rabi.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are old.
(b) Many are inexperienced.
(c) He hates them.
(d) Many are white.
4. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
5. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
(a) "To Celebrate Blackness".
(b) "Visual Arts: To Celebrate Blackness".
(c) "Seeing Blackness".
(d) "Visual Arts".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
3. What happens to Sykes?
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)