|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To hear his stories.
(b) To be cured.
(c) For his craft.
(d) To take pictures.
2. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
(b) Dr. Parkes.
3. What is the influence of the Negro's heritage artwork compared to in "The Negro-Art Hokum"?
(a) European descent.
(c) Indian descent.
(d) Migration in China.
4. What is the title of Hughes's poem that points out that artistic endeavors can release the "hurt in your heart"?
(a) "Hurt Heart".
5. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
(a) Sykes's beatings.
(c) Delia's husband is sleeping with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
2. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
4. Who argues that Negroes did alter the English language?
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)