|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(b) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(c) Their fragments of art work.
(d) Their fragments of love.
2. According to Hughes, what does he find to be a subconscious belief in most Negro homes?
(a) That they are inferior to whites.
(b) To be white means wealth.
(c) To be white is better.
(d) To be white means power.
3. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
4. What does the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past" conclude with?
(a) He presents an idea that a new day has come for Negroes.
(b) With a challenge to the Negro race.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a poem.
5. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) They are out of control.
(b) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(c) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(d) No one cares about the African American race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
3. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
5. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)