|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's dilapidated.
(b) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(c) It's overpopulated.
(d) He loves it.
3. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) How to become a successful Negroe.
(b) The history of her artwork.
(c) Her thoughts on Africa.
(d) Her thoughts on Harlem.
4. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
(b) Leave Asian and African countries.
(c) Accept men as equal.
(d) Stand a fight the fight.
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(b) The rights to be wealthy.
(c) The rights to work with whites.
(d) The rights of equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
2. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
3. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
4. Who is the author of "Art or Propaganda"?
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)