|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
(a) Self knowledge.
(b) His desire to be famous.
(c) Reclaimed background of the race as a whole.
(d) Self motivation.
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(b) They back down.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
3. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
(b) "Infants of Spring".
(c) "Youthful Summer".
4. What term is coined to mean that African Americans do not produce art specific to their race due to the absorption of American ways?
5. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A Negro sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
2. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
3. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
4. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
5. Who is the author of "Sterling Brown: The New Negro Folk Poet"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)