|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(b) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(c) Any calls regarding the murder.
(d) Peace among the Negroes.
2. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does the author of "The Negro Digs up His Past" attribute his ideology to?
(a) His desire to be famous.
(b) Self knowledge.
(c) Reclaimed background of the race as a whole.
(d) Self motivation.
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
2. Which of the following is NOT a poem written by Countee Cullen?
3. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
4. What is the title of the ending section of "Afro-American Past - History and Folk Tradition"?
5. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)