|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new pride.
(b) A protection of their race.
(c) A new appreciation of their lives.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
2. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) William H. Brooks.
(b) Willy Breaks.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Bill Brooks.
3. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To campaign in their area.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To take their tax money.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
4. What is the title of Hughes's poem that points out that artistic endeavors can release the "hurt in your heart"?
(a) "Hurt Heart".
5. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Peace among the Negroes.
(b) Any calls regarding the murder.
(c) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(d) A trial for the officer's murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
2. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
3. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
4. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
5. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)