|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new appreciation of their lives.
(b) A protection of their race.
(c) A new pride.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
2. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
3. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A Negro sailor.
4. According to Hughes, what does he find to be a subconscious belief in most Negro homes?
(a) That they are inferior to whites.
(b) To be white is better.
(c) To be white means wealth.
(d) To be white means power.
5. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
(b) "Infants of Spring".
(d) "Youthful Summer".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
2. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. What is Hurston's story "Shouting" about?
5. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)