|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(b) A community.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) Fellowship among tribes.
2. Why do people in the village go to visit Uncle Monday in "Uncle Monday"?
(a) To hear his stories.
(b) For his craft.
(c) To be cured.
(d) To take pictures.
3. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They see only what they want to see.
(b) They do not understand the Negro race.
(c) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(d) They are being studied and not debated about.
4. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
(a) Some Negro men were active in halting the slave trade.
(b) White men forced Negro men to work.
(c) Some Negro men were active in running the slave trade.
(d) No Negro men were allowed to work the slave trade.
5. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(a) Pop Overton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
2. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
3. When was "Fifty Years" written?
4. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
5. What is the title of James Weldon Johnson's book that details events about Negro artists in general and poets in particular?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)