|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
(a) It's easy on the eye.
(b) It's symmetrical and angular.
(c) It's fluid.
(d) It's harsh to the eye.
2. What is the title of Jess Redmond's poem?
(a) "Dead Flies".
(b) "Night Flies".
(c) "Fire Flies".
(d) "Dead Fires".
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "American Negro".
(d) "The New Negro".
4. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
(a) It's the most beautiful and healthful.
(b) He loves it.
(c) It's dilapidated.
(d) It's overpopulated.
5. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Uncle Jem.
(b) Uncle Jim.
(c) Aunt Jem.
(d) Aunt Em.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
2. What is the name of the host and novelist in Thurman's story?
3. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
5. In Thurman's story, who asks why he should focus only on his African roots when he has Indian and German roots as well?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)