|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
2. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(b) Their fragments of art work.
(c) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(d) Their fragments of love.
3. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Robert Thorpe.
(b) Rob Thorne.
(c) Robert Thatcher.
(d) Bobby Therron.
5. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are serving Negroes.
(b) Whites are prohibited.
(c) They are now attracting a white clientele.
(d) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived in America as a child and was purchased by a man in Boston?
2. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
3. What is the title of Wallace Thurman's story?
4. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
5. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)