|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
(a) Growing up.
(b) A pen pal.
(c) Leaving home.
(d) Growing past slavery.
2. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Art Harlem.
(b) Arthur Harris.
(c) Andy Haney.
(d) Arther Mayer.
3. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Uncle Jim.
(b) Uncle Jem.
(c) Aunt Em.
(d) Aunt Jem.
4. Which poet uses the word "if" as a basis for a sonnet to his mother?
5. Whose idea was that the Negro race is part of a greater destiny?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. Who arrived in America as a child and was purchased by a man in Boston?
3. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
4. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
5. When was "Fifty Years" written?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)