|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A diary entry.
(b) A map.
(c) A catalogue of events.
(d) 2 descriptive poems.
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Conservative changes.
(b) Radical measures.
(c) Conservative measures.
(d) Radical changes.
3. What does the mother mean when she tells her son to "not act like a nigger" in the essay by Hughes?
(a) To act rich.
(b) To misbehave.
(c) To not act poor.
(d) To act right.
4. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Lindsey Joeseph.
(b) Joe Lindsay.
(c) Joeseph Lies.
(d) Joey Lawrence.
5. Who is the author of "Fifty Years"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
2. What animal remains by Aunt Judy Bickerstaff in "Uncle Monday" until she begins to doubt herself?
3. How does Hurston originally define the word "jook"?
4. What happens to Sykes?
5. What is the biggest blockage for Negro artists, according to Hughes?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)