|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A will to fight fire with fire.
(b) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A burning passion for equality.
2. Who is the author of "Song of the Son"?
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Art Harlem.
(b) Andy Haney.
(c) Arther Mayer.
(d) Arthur Harris.
4. Who first sees Uncle Monday in Hurston's story "Uncle Monday"?
(a) Joe Lindsay.
(b) Lindsey Joeseph.
(c) Joeseph Lies.
(d) Joey Lawrence.
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(b) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
2. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
3. Why do Negroes mimic according to Hurston?
4. What does Hurston say about Negro art?
5. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)