|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Art or Propaganda? High or Low Culture?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
(b) Whites are prohibited.
(c) Whites are serving Negroes.
(d) They are now attracting a white clientele.
2. What does Hurston think about the originality of Negro artwork?
(a) It is original, although often discredited.
(b) It's abstract.
(c) She thinks it is unoriginal.
(d) It's appealing.
3. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical changes.
(b) Radical measures.
(c) Conservative measures.
(d) Conservative changes.
4. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) The arrival at Ellis Island.
(c) His journey away from home.
(d) His journey home.
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(d) Aristocracy and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the section "Art and Propaganda", who wanted to be a pianist because of his brother's friends?
2. How does the section "Art and Propaganda" end?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What does the author say about Negro men and slave trade in "The Negro Digs Up His Past"?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)