|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Accept men as equal.
(b) Stand a fight the fight.
(c) Leave Asian and African countries.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
2. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) Fellowship among tribes.
(b) A new ideology.
(c) A community.
(d) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nikki Court.
(b) Nicholas Cunard.
(c) Nicole Cunny.
(d) Nancy Cunard.
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Africa for the Africans".
(c) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(d) If We Must Die".
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(b) Acting drunk.
(c) About to jay walk.
(d) Waiting for someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
2. What happens to Sykes?
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
4. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
5. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)