|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) They are now attracting a white clientele.
(b) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
(c) Whites are serving Negroes.
(d) Whites are prohibited.
2. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
3. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(b) Any calls regarding the murder.
(c) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(d) Peace among the Negroes.
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Robert Thorpe.
(b) Bobby Therron.
(c) Rob Thorne.
(d) Robert Thatcher.
5. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(c) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)