|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
2. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) The popularity of Negro arts.
(b) What makes something art.
(c) The ancestry of art.
(d) How Negro art forms were formed.
4. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(a) Du Bois.
5. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) Bill Brooks.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) William H. Brooks.
(d) Willy Breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
4. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
5. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)