|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new appreciation of their lives.
2. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) Whites are prohibited.
(b) Whites are serving Negroes.
(c) Whites are just now being allowed to enter.
(d) They are now attracting a white clientele.
3. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of love.
5. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Postive changes.
(b) Negative changes.
(c) Small changes.
(d) Big, radical changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
4. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
5. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)