|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
2. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(a) A purse.
(c) A hat.
3. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Underground trains.
(c) Negroes cuisine.
4. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(c) Du Bois.
5. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
(a) Keeps house.
(b) Cleans for "white folks".
(c) Laundry for "white folks".
(d) Cooks for "white folks".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "City Love" about?
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)