|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A person falling in love with the city.
(b) Life in the city.
(c) A couple falling in love.
(d) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
2. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A Negro sailor.
3. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Negative changes.
(b) Big, radical changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Small changes.
4. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
(a) Hot summers in Mississippi.
(c) Hurston's life.
5. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) Their fragments of love.
(b) Their fragments of art work.
(c) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(d) Their fragmented lifestyles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
2. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
3. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
4. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)