|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(d) The "old Negro" is very much active.
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) More food.
(b) More space to live.
(c) Better lifestyle.
(d) Better conditions.
3. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(b) Du Bois.
4. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
5. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They will never reach that great nation.
(b) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(c) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
2. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
3. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
5. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)