|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(c) "Race Pride".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
2. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They will never reach that great nation.
(b) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(c) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
(d) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Africa for the Africans".
(c) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(d) If We Must Die".
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) They are out of control.
(b) No one cares about the African American race.
(c) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(d) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
5. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
2. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
3. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)