|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical changes.
(b) Radical measures.
(c) Conservative changes.
(d) Conservative measures.
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(b) If We Must Die".
(c) "Africa for the Africans".
(d) "The New Negro".
3. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(b) A hat.
(d) A purse.
4. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) Their fragments of love.
(b) Their fragmented lifestyles.
(c) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(d) Their fragments of art work.
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) They were all enslaved once.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
4. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)