|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His friends.
(c) The city.
2. What happens to Sykes?
(a) His mistress leaves him.
(b) Delia leaves him.
(c) He is shot.
(d) A snake bites and kills him.
3. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A rabi.
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A burning passion for equality.
(c) A will to fight fire with fire.
(d) Desrie to become equal.
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Become wealthy.
(b) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(c) Work long, hard hours.
(d) Demand equal pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
3. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)