|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boxer from the essay "Wedding Day" leave America to go to?
2. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
(b) Where they move and migrateto.
(c) What motivated them to move.
(d) Trends and their tendencies to move.
3. What happens to Sykes?
(a) Delia leaves him.
(b) His mistress leaves him.
(c) He is shot.
(d) A snake bites and kills him.
4. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who care for only themselves.
(b) Men who fight.
(c) Men who are weak and old.
(d) Men who turn the other cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
2. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
3. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
4. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)