|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(d) It never says directly.
2. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) His journey home.
(b) His journey away from home.
(d) The arrival at Ellis Island.
3. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(b) His friends.
(c) His mom.
(d) The city.
4. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common heritage.
(b) A common ideology.
(c) A common experience.
(d) A common race.
5. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
3. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)