|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "Black Manhattan".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(d) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
2. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
(b) "Crossing Jordan".
(d) "I Too Sing America".
3. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Leagues of Prtection.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Citizens Protective League.
(d) Protection Gangs.
5. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
2. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
4. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)