|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of love.
(d) Lack of education.
2. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mom.
(d) The city.
3. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Accept men as equal.
(b) Leave Asian and African countries.
(c) Stand a fight the fight.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Become wealthy.
(b) Work long, hard hours.
(c) Demand equal pay.
(d) Heed the law of self-preservation.
5. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(b) How to become a successful Negroe.
(c) Her thoughts on Africa.
(d) The history of her artwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
3. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
5. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)