|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
2. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
(a) She too feels repressed.
(b) She is also brown.
(c) She is also happy.
(d) She is also a jig.
3. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(c) Du Bois.
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(d) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
2. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
3. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
4. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)