|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Arthur Harris.
(b) Andy Haney.
(c) Arther Mayer.
(d) Art Harlem.
2. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "Asia" and "Africa".
(b) "America" and "Africa".
(c) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
(d) "Mulatto" and "America".
3. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) The history of her artwork.
(b) Her thoughts on Africa.
(c) How to become a successful Negroe.
(d) Her thoughts on Harlem.
4. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "American Negro".
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
3. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
4. Which of the following is NOT a poem included by Hughes in the section "Afro American Identity - Who am I"?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)