|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A will to fight fire with fire.
(b) Desrie to become equal.
(d) A burning passion for equality.
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(d) It never says directly.
3. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(b) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(c) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(d) The "old Negro" is very much active.
4. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(b) The physicality was missing.
(c) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(d) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
5. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical measures.
(b) Radical changes.
(c) Conservative changes.
(d) Conservative measures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
3. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)