|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
2. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
(a) She is also brown.
(b) She too feels repressed.
(c) She is also a jig.
(d) She is also happy.
3. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
(a) Helene Johnson.
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Bobby Therron.
(b) Robert Thatcher.
(c) Robert Thorpe.
(d) Rob Thorne.
5. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(b) The city.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Sweat" about?
2. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
4. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)