|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) Willy Breaks.
(b) William H. Brooks.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Bill Brooks.
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To campaign in their area.
(b) To take their tax money.
(c) To make empty promises.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
3. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
4. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
5. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) How Negro art forms were formed.
(b) The ancestry of art.
(c) What makes something art.
(d) The popularity of Negro arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
2. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)