|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protection Gangs.
(b) Leagues of Prtection.
(c) Citizens Protective League.
(d) Citizen Protection.
2. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) If We Must Die".
(c) "Africa for the Africans".
(d) "The New Negro- What Is He".
4. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(b) Enslavement still exists today.
(c) They were all enslaved once.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
5. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(b) A protection of their race.
(c) A new appreciation of their lives.
(d) A new pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
2. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
4. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)