|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Big, radical changes.
(b) Small changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Negative changes.
2. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until he receives national recognition.
(b) Until women are seen as equal.
(c) Until the old crowd dies.
(d) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
2. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
3. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)