|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
2. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Negroes cuisine.
(d) Underground trains.
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(b) Until women are seen as equal.
(c) Until the old crowd dies.
(d) Until he receives national recognition.
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Big, radical changes.
(b) Small changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Negative changes.
5. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(b) It never says directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
3. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)