|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) Many are old.
(c) Many are inexperienced.
(d) He hates them.
2. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
(a) They hate other parts of the world.
(b) They desire to go to other parts of the world.
(c) They are worse off in America.
(d) They are better off in America.
3. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) They were all enslaved once.
(c) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(b) They back down.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
5. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
4. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)