|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) Her thoughts on Africa.
(b) How to become a successful Negroe.
(c) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(d) The history of her artwork.
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical changes.
(b) Conservative changes.
(c) Conservative measures.
(d) Radical measures.
3. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
(a) Cooks for "white folks".
(b) Keeps house.
(c) Cleans for "white folks".
(d) Laundry for "white folks".
4. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Accept men as equal.
(b) Leave Asian and African countries.
(c) Stand a fight the fight.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(d) They back down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
3. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
4. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
5. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)