|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
3. What happens to Sykes?
(a) Delia leaves him.
(b) His mistress leaves him.
(c) He is shot.
(d) A snake bites and kills him.
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) If We Must Die".
(d) "Africa for the Africans".
5. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(b) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
2. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)