|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(c) Pop Overton.
2. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
(a) Cooks for "white folks".
(b) Laundry for "white folks".
(c) Cleans for "white folks".
(d) Keeps house.
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who turn the other cheek.
(b) Men who care for only themselves.
(c) Men who are weak and old.
(d) Men who fight.
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(c) "Race Pride".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
(a) Their fragments of art work.
(b) The lack of personal information most have about their homeland, Africa.
(c) Their fragments of love.
(d) Their fragmented lifestyles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
3. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
4. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
5. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)