|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(b) Any calls regarding the murder.
(c) A trial for the officer's murderer.
(d) Peace among the Negroes.
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the old crowd dies.
(b) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(c) Until women are seen as equal.
(d) Until he receives national recognition.
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) No one cares about the African American race.
(b) They are out of control.
(c) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(d) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
4. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Lack of money.
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
3. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)