|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(b) About to jay walk.
(c) Waiting for someone.
(d) Acting drunk.
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until he receives national recognition.
(b) Until the old crowd dies.
(c) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(d) Until women are seen as equal.
3. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mom.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
4. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
(a) Sykes's beatings.
(b) Delia's husband is sleeping with another woman.
5. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
3. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
4. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)