|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "America" and "Africa".
(b) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
(c) "Mulatto" and "America".
(d) "Asia" and "Africa".
2. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) Bill Brooks.
(b) William H. Brooks.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) Willy Breaks.
3. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
4. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Robert Thatcher.
(b) Rob Thorne.
(c) Robert Thorpe.
(d) Bobby Therron.
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) About to jay walk.
(c) Acting drunk.
(d) Waiting for someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
3. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)