|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
2. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Citizen Protection.
(b) Citizens Protective League.
(c) Protection Gangs.
(d) Leagues of Prtection.
3. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better lifestyle.
(b) More food.
(c) Better conditions.
(d) More space to live.
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(c) Pop Overton.
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(b) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The physicality was missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
4. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
5. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)