|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Many are inexperienced.
(d) Many are old.
2. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
3. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
4. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Negroes cuisine.
(d) Underground trains.
5. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common ideology.
(b) A common race.
(c) A common experience.
(d) A common heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
2. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
3. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
4. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
5. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)