|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
3. Who wrote "Sonnet to a Negro in Harlem"?
(c) Helene Johnson.
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) He hates them.
(b) Many are inexperienced.
(c) Many are old.
(d) Many are white.
5. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
2. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
3. What happens to Sykes?
4. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
5. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)