|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(b) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(c) They will never reach that great nation.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(d) Pop Overton.
3. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
(a) What makes something art.
(b) The ancestry of art.
(c) The popularity of Negro arts.
(d) How Negro art forms were formed.
4. What do the police refuse in response to the murdered police officer in Johnson's essay?
(a) Any calls regarding the murder.
(b) Protective custody for Negroes seeking help.
(c) Peace among the Negroes.
(d) A trial for the officer's murderer.
5. What are the names of McKay's two poems?
(a) "Mulatto" and "America".
(b) "Africa" and "Mulatto".
(c) "America" and "Africa".
(d) "Asia" and "Africa".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
2. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
3. What do the essays in the section "Afro-American Identity - Who Am I" have in common?
4. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
5. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)