|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Andy Haney.
(b) Arther Mayer.
(c) Art Harlem.
(d) Arthur Harris.
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) If We Must Die".
(b) "Africa for the Africans".
(c) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(d) "The New Negro".
3. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(b) The rights to work with whites.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights of equality.
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Race Pride".
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(c) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
2. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
3. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
4. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
5. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)