|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(a) It never says directly.
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(b) They back down.
(c) They fight back.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
3. Who sings "Shake that Thing" at local bars in the essay by Claude McKay?
4. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
(a) A Negro sailor.
(b) A young Negro woman.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A gypsy.
5. What does the main character of "Sweat" do for a living?
(a) Cleans for "white folks".
(b) Keeps house.
(c) Cooks for "white folks".
(d) Laundry for "white folks".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
2. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
3. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)