|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
2. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(b) Become wealthy.
(c) Work long, hard hours.
(d) Demand equal pay.
3. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
(b) Leave Asian and African countries.
(c) Accept men as equal.
(d) Stand a fight the fight.
4. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nicholas Cunard.
(b) Nancy Cunard.
(c) Nicole Cunny.
(d) Nikki Court.
5. What is the main character of "Sweat" afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
2. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
3. What is "City Love" about?
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)