|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
(a) Delia's husband is sleeping with another woman.
(c) Sykes's beatings.
2. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to be wealthy.
(b) The rights to work with whites.
(c) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(d) The rights of equality.
3. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Uncle Jem.
(b) Uncle Jim.
(c) Aunt Jem.
(d) Aunt Em.
4. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(c) A purse.
(d) A hat.
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(b) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To resist enslavement of the same race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
2. What does Locke question in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
3. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
4. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
5. What does Locke notice about the bars and clubs in "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)