|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. Who was selected president for the group that was formed in response to the police's refusals?
(a) Bill Brooks.
(b) Willy Breaks.
(c) William Bradford.
(d) William H. Brooks.
3. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His mom.
(c) The city.
(d) His friends.
4. What does the poem, "Poem", say the author has in common with the "little brown boy"?
(a) She is also a jig.
(b) She too feels repressed.
(c) She is also happy.
(d) She is also brown.
5. What age does Cullen specifically focus on in her writings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
2. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)