|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(d) Du Bois.
2. What ethnicity is Paul in the essay "Cane"?
(a) It never says directly.
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(b) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(c) Who will become the president.
(d) Who will end the old crowd.
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Citizens Protective League.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Leagues of Prtection.
(d) Protection Gangs.
5. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A new born optimism".
(b) "A desire to reach "home".
(c) "A new vision of opportunity".
(d) "A desire for the old way of life".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the essay "To a Dark Girl" about?
2. Who hates the main character of "Sweat"?
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)