|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Leagues of Prtection.
(b) Protection Gangs.
(c) Citizen Protection.
(d) Citizens Protective League.
2. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(c) "Race Pride".
3. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(b) Pop Overton.
4. What sentiment is suggested about American Negroes in relation to Negroes in other parts of the world?
(a) They are better off in America.
(b) They are worse off in America.
(c) They hate other parts of the world.
(d) They desire to go to other parts of the world.
5. Who says "white folks is white" in one of Cullen's poems?
(a) Aunt Jem.
(b) Uncle Jem.
(c) Uncle Jim.
(d) Aunt Em.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
2. What does the essay "Afro-American Fragment" address?
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. Who supposedly bewitches the main character of "Luani of the Jungles"?
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)