|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afro-American Identity - Who Am I?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem immediately following "The Legacy of Ancestral Arts" by Countee Cullen address?
(a) Her thoughts on Harlem.
(b) Her thoughts on Africa.
(c) How to become a successful Negroe.
(d) The history of her artwork.
2. Who is the essay "Luani of the Jungles" about?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A rabi.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is the conflict in "Sweat"?
(a) Delia's husband is sleeping with another woman.
(d) Sykes's beatings.
4. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A person falling in love with the city.
(b) A couple falling in love.
(c) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(d) Life in the city.
5. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(c) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(d) They back down.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
2. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
5. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)