|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
(b) Negroes cuisine.
(d) Underground trains.
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To take their tax money.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To diminsih their goals.
(d) To campaign in their area.
3. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(c) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(d) They back down.
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "The Future As I See It".
(b) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(d) "Race Pride".
5. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(c) A hat.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
2. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
3. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
5. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)