|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His friends.
(c) The city.
(d) His mom.
2. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A map.
(b) A diary entry.
(c) 2 descriptive poems.
(d) A catalogue of events.
3. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are inexperienced.
(b) Many are old.
(c) He hates them.
(d) Many are white.
4. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Big, radical changes.
(b) Negative changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Small changes.
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) His journey home.
(c) His journey away from home.
(d) The arrival at Ellis Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
2. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)