|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
(a) Rob Thorne.
(b) Bobby Therron.
(c) Robert Thatcher.
(d) Robert Thorpe.
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Andy Haney.
(b) Art Harlem.
(c) Arthur Harris.
(d) Arther Mayer.
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(b) They fight back.
(c) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
(d) They back down.
5. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "American Negro".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "The New Negro".
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
2. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
3. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
5. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)