|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A catalogue of events.
(b) 2 descriptive poems.
(c) A diary entry.
(d) A map.
2. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) They are out of control.
(b) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(c) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(d) No one cares about the African American race.
3. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
5. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
2. Who is the author of "Blades of Steel"?
3. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)