|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
(a) Better conditions.
(b) Better lifestyle.
(c) More space to live.
(d) More food.
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(b) If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Africa for the Africans".
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the old crowd dies.
(b) Until he receives national recognition.
(c) Until women are seen as equal.
(d) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
4. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The physicality was missing.
(b) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(c) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(d) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
5. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A new ideology.
(b) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(c) A community.
(d) Fellowship among tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police officer who is stabbed and killed in Johnson's essay?
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
3. What does Johnson say about the Negro Manhattan?
4. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)