|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
2. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
(a) They fight back.
(b) They back down.
(c) They use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.
(d) They allow themselves to be ridiculed.
3. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(b) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro" is very much active.
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who are weak and old.
(b) Men who fight.
(c) Men who care for only themselves.
(d) Men who turn the other cheek.
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)