|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) About to jay walk.
(c) Waiting for someone.
(d) Acting drunk.
2. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
(b) They see only what they want to see.
(c) They do not understand the Negro race.
(d) They are being studied and not debated about.
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A protection of their race.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A new appreciation of their lives.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
4. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) A map.
(b) A diary entry.
(c) 2 descriptive poems.
(d) A catalogue of events.
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(c) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(d) To accept all men as eqaul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
2. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
4. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
5. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)