|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) He hates them.
(b) Many are white.
(c) Many are inexperienced.
(d) Many are old.
2. What is "City Love" about?
(a) A person falling in love with the city.
(b) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(c) A couple falling in love.
(d) Life in the city.
3. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "Black Manhattan".
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "If We Must Die".
4. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
(a) They are being studied and not debated about.
(b) They do not understand the Negro race.
(c) They see only what they want to see.
(d) They are slowly seeing humans in the Negro race.
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
3. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
4. What follows the essay "A Long Way from Home"?
5. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)