|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(b) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The physicality was missing.
2. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
(a) Lack of love.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of money.
3. Which essay addresses the August 1900 incident?
(a) "The New Negro".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "American Negro".
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To campaign in their area.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To diminsih their goals.
(d) To take their tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
2. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
3. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
5. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)