|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His friends.
(d) The city.
2. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common ideology.
(b) A common experience.
(c) A common race.
(d) A common heritage.
3. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(b) "Race Pride".
(c) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(d) "The Future As I See It".
4. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(d) Pop Overton.
5. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(c) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
2. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
3. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
5. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)