|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
(a) Acting drunk.
(c) About to jay walk.
(d) Waiting for someone.
2. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
(a) Arthur Harris.
(b) Arther Mayer.
(c) Art Harlem.
(d) Andy Haney.
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Become wealthy.
(b) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(c) Work long, hard hours.
(d) Demand equal pay.
4. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) He hates them.
(c) Many are old.
(d) Many are inexperienced.
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
(a) The spiritual aspect was supported.
(b) The spiritual aspect was beaten down.
(c) The spiritualitywas non-existent.
(d) The physicality was missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
2. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
3. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
4. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
5. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)