|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
(a) Big, radical changes.
(b) Negative changes.
(c) Postive changes.
(d) Small changes.
2. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nancy Cunard.
(b) Nikki Court.
(c) Nicholas Cunard.
(d) Nicole Cunny.
3. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(a) A hat.
(d) A purse.
4. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A new vision of opportunity".
(b) "A new born optimism".
(c) "A desire to reach "home".
(d) "A desire for the old way of life".
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
2. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
3. In Johnson's essay, what is the name of the person who leaves his wife on a street corner, only to find her being harassed?
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
5. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)