|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(c) Du Bois.
2. What does Locke attribute to the migration of the "new Negro"?
(a) "A desire to reach "home".
(b) "A desire for the old way of life".
(c) "A new born optimism".
(d) "A new vision of opportunity".
3. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
4. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To campaign in their area.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To take their tax money.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
5. What is "City Love" about?
(a) Life in the city.
(b) A boy and a girl trying to find a hotel room.
(c) A couple falling in love.
(d) A person falling in love with the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the Negro culture does Locke discuss?
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
4. According to Locke, how do Negroes respond to their treatment by other races?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)