|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(c) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(d) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
2. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(b) Du Bois.
3. What does Locke analyze in relation to the conditions and movement of the "new Negro"?
(a) Where they move and migrateto.
(b) Why they migrated to the locations they chose.
(c) Trends and their tendencies to move.
(d) What motivated them to move.
4. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
5. What does McKay describe in "A Long Way from Home"?
(a) The arrival at Ellis Island.
(b) His journey away from home.
(c) His journey home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
5. According to Locke, why have Negroes been treated a certain way?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)