|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
2. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will end the old crowd.
(b) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(c) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(d) Who will become the president.
3. What does Fisher note about the Cabaret dancers in his essay, "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(a) Many are white.
(b) Many are old.
(c) He hates them.
(d) Many are inexperienced.
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "If We Must Die".
5. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Work long, hard hours.
(b) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(c) Demand equal pay.
(d) Become wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
2. What kind of changes does Locke see in the overall perception of Negroes?
3. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
4. What is the name of the girl who diffuses the altercation in the barber shop in "Blades of Steel"?
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)