|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was formed as a response to the police's refusals in Johnson's essay?
(a) Leagues of Prtection.
(b) Citizen Protection.
(c) Citizens Protective League.
(d) Protection Gangs.
2. What does Alain Locke suggest in "The New Negro" about the "old Negro"?
(a) The "old Negro" is very much active.
(b) The "old Negro" is nothing more than a myth or ideal.
(c) The "old Negro" desires what the "new Negro" wants.
(d) The "old Negro"has completely died out.
3. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nicole Cunny.
(b) Nikki Court.
(c) Nancy Cunard.
(d) Nicholas Cunard.
4. What does the boy buy Nicey at the end of "City Love"?
(a) A hat.
(c) A purse.
5. What does Locke say unites the "American Negro"?
(a) A common heritage.
(b) A common race.
(c) A common experience.
(d) A common ideology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
3. What is Locke describing when he says "its a place inhabited and controlled by Negroes of many different walks of life"?
4. What does Locke say the Negro is willing to work for in "The New Negro"?
5. What did the police officer of Johnson's essay think the wife was doing on the street corner?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)