|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urban Setting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(c) Aristocracy and privilege.
2. Who cuts Cozzens with a razor from Pop Overton's shop in "Blades of Steel"?
(d) Pop Overton.
3. What does Fisher miss when he is away at medical school in "The Caucasian Storms Harlem"?
(b) The city.
(c) His mom.
(d) His friends.
4. Who is the author of "Harlem Reviewed"?
(a) Nikki Court.
(b) Nancy Cunard.
(c) Nicole Cunny.
(d) Nicholas Cunard.
5. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(b) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(c) They will never reach that great nation.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
2. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
3. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. What specifically does Hughes describe in his impression of Harlem?
5. What fact does Locke cite at the end of "American Negro" in relation to outsider's perceptions?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)