|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(c) Du Bois.
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of equality.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights to work with whites.
(d) The rights to be wealthy.
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(c) James Weldon Johnson.
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A burning passion for equality.
(d) A will to fight fire with fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
4. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)