|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(c) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "Africa for the Africans".
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(d) If We Must Die".
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
(a) Men who fight.
(b) Men who care for only themselves.
(c) Men who are weak and old.
(d) Men who turn the other cheek.
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To diminsih their goals.
(b) To make empty promises.
(c) To campaign in their area.
(d) To take their tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
3. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
5. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)