|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(d) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new pride.
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
(b) They will never reach that great nation.
(c) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(d) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(b) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
2. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
4. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
5. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)