|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(b) They will never reach that great nation.
(c) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(d) James Weldon Johnson.
3. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(a) Du Bois.
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Demand equal pay.
(b) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(c) Work long, hard hours.
(d) Become wealthy.
5. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
(d) Du Bois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
4. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
5. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)