|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
(c) Du Bois.
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new pride.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to work with whites.
(b) The rights of equality.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
5. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(b) "The New Negro".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
2. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)