|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(b) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(c) They will never reach that great nation.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
2. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until he receives national recognition.
(b) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(c) Until women are seen as equal.
(d) Until the old crowd dies.
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(b) They are out of control.
(c) No one cares about the African American race.
(d) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
5. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(b) Who will become the president.
(c) Who will end the old crowd.
(d) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
2. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
4. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)