|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
(a) The situation's intolerancy and that free press and assembly are not possible.
(b) They have deviated from their constitution's laws.
(c) They are out of control.
(d) No one cares about the African American race.
2. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A will to fight fire with fire.
(b) A burning passion for equality.
(c) Desrie to become equal.
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "The Future As I See It".
(b) "Race Pride".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
5. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until women are seen as equal.
(b) Until the old crowd dies.
(c) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(d) Until he receives national recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
2. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)