|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) Enslavement still exists today.
(b) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
(c) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(d) They were all enslaved once.
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(a) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(b) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Black Manhattan".
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of equality.
(b) The rights to work with whites.
(c) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(d) The rights to be wealthy.
5. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A protection of their race.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A new pride.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
2. Who wrote the essay "Race Pride"?
3. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
5. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)