|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Conservative measures.
(b) Conservative changes.
(c) Radical changes.
(d) Radical measures.
2. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new pride.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(c) To accept all men as eqaul.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of equality.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights to work with whites.
(d) The rights to be wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
3. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)