|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) Desrie to become equal.
(c) A burning passion for equality.
(d) A will to fight fire with fire.
2. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A new ideology.
(b) A community.
(c) Fellowship among tribes.
(d) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
3. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Race Pride".
(b) "The Future As I See It".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
5. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the old crowd dies.
(b) Until women are seen as equal.
(c) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(d) Until he receives national recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
3. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
4. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)