|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Demand equal pay.
(b) Work long, hard hours.
(c) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(d) Become wealthy.
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(a) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(b) A new appreciation of their lives.
(c) A new pride.
(d) A protection of their race.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(b) The rights to be wealthy.
(c) The rights of equality.
(d) The rights to work with whites.
5. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A burning passion for equality.
(b) A will to fight fire with fire.
(c) Desrie to become equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
3. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
4. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
5. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)