|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
(a) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
(b) "Race Pride".
(d) "The Future As I See It".
2. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(c) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(d) "Black Manhattan".
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A new ideology.
(b) Fellowship among tribes.
(c) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(d) A community.
4. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(b) Until women are seen as equal.
(c) Until he receives national recognition.
(d) Until the old crowd dies.
5. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
(a) "The New Negro".
(c) "If We Must Die".
(d) "Defense of the Negro Rioters".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
2. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
3. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)