|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(b) To become prideful of one's heritage.
(c) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(d) To accept all men as eqaul.
2. What is suggested that the whites must do in "Race Pride"?
(a) Leave Asian and African countries.
(b) Accept men as equal.
(c) Stand a fight the fight.
(d) Leave Asia and African countries or accept all men as equal.
3. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Work long, hard hours.
(b) Demand equal pay.
(c) Become wealthy.
(d) Heed the law of self-preservation.
4. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
(a) "If We Must Die".
(b) "Black Manhattan".
(c) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
5. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro".
(b) "Africa for the Africans".
(c) If We Must Die".
(d) "The New Negro- What Is He".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
3. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
5. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)