|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
2. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
(b) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(c) Who will become the president.
(d) Who will end the old crowd.
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A protection of their race.
(b) A new pride.
(c) A new appreciation of their lives.
(d) A new commitment to bettering their race.
4. What does the "old crowd" recommend in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Radical measures.
(b) Conservative measures.
(c) Conservative changes.
(d) Radical changes.
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(b) The rights of equality.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights to work with whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
2. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
3. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
4. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
5. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)