|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
(b) "From the Messenger - A Menace to Radicalism".
(c) "Black Manhattan".
(d) "If We Must Die".
2. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
(a) A new appreciation of their lives.
(b) A new commitment to bettering their race.
(c) A protection of their race.
(d) A new pride.
3. In "Africa for the Africans", what does Domingo say about the enslavement of Negroes?
(a) They were all enslaved once.
(b) Negroes haves been manipulated into killing and enslaving Negroes.
(c) Enslavement still exists today.
(d) Africa enslaved the most slaves before the US Civil War.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to be wealthy.
(b) The rights of equality.
(c) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(d) The rights to work with whites.
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
2. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
5. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)