|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(b) James Weldon Johnson.
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(a) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To take their tax money.
(b) To campaign in their area.
(c) To make empty promises.
(d) To diminsih their goals.
4. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights of equality.
(b) The rights to be wealthy.
(c) The rights to work with whites.
(d) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
5. What seems to be the consensus of the essays in "New Negro Radicalism"?
(a) To resist enslavement of the same race.
(b) To accept all men as eqaul.
(c) First steps forward are to eliminate current leaders.
(d) To become prideful of one's heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
2. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
4. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
5. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)