|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advocates the construction of a "great nation in Africa" in "Africa for the Africans"?
(a) Universal Negro Improvement Association.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
2. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(b) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
(c) They will never reach that great nation.
(d) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
3. What will the new leader not rest until he achieves in "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Until women are seen as equal.
(b) Until the old crowd dies.
(c) Until the new negro has an equal footing.
(d) Until he receives national recognition.
4. What is the title of Marcus A. Garvey's essay that follows "Garveyism"?
(a) "The New Negro- What Is He".
(b) If We Must Die".
(c) "The New Negro".
(d) "Africa for the Africans".
5. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
2. Who wrote "If We Must Die"?
3. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
4. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "Old Crowd" filled with?
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)