|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Domingo, what are the men of the "New Crowd" filled with?
(a) A burning passion for equality.
(b) A will to fight fire with fire.
(d) Desrie to become equal.
2. According to Garvey, what should the "New Negro" be handed while building an empire in Africa?
(c) Aristocracy and privilege.
3. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
(a) A community.
(b) A reward to the most loyal to the Negro race.
(c) A new ideology.
(d) Fellowship among tribes.
4. What question is posed in regards to leadership roles of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) Who will fight for their new ideaology.
(b) Who will end the old crowd.
(c) Who will become the president.
(d) Who will take over leadership roles when the old crowd no longer exists.
5. What does the "New Negro" believe in?
(a) The rights to work with whites.
(b) The rights of others and free press and assembly.
(c) The rights to be wealthy.
(d) The rights of equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
2. What does Domingo hint to about the government's current state of being?
3. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
4. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)