|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does the attitude of the "New Crowd" take?
2. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
3. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
(a) They are being enslaved by this ideology.
(b) They will never reach that great nation.
(c) Negroes will always work in a country founded by whites.
(d) They are constructing a massive fall of the great nation of Africa.
4. What must the "New Negro" be willing to do in "A New Crowd - What Is He"?
(a) Heed the law of self-preservation.
(b) Become wealthy.
(c) Demand equal pay.
(d) Work long, hard hours.
5. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To diminsih their goals.
(b) To campaign in their area.
(c) To make empty promises.
(d) To take their tax money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
2. In what essay does the author state that "a Negro will turn on another Negro if ordered"?
3. What is being seen among the heritage of the minorities in "Race Pride"?
4. Who gives a list of leaders who fall under the category of the "Old Crowd"?
5. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)