|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Negro Radicalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said that the "New Negro" will not allow from politicians in "The New Negro - What Is He"?
(a) To campaign in their area.
(b) To diminsih their goals.
(c) To take their tax money.
(d) To make empty promises.
2. Who says that those participating in the riots were acting out of self-defense?
(c) Du Bois.
3. How many outcomes does Randolph attribute to Mr. Garvey's ideals in "Garveyism"?
4. Who is the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro"?
(a) James Weldon Johnson.
5. Which of the following does the author of "A New Crowd - A New Negro" NOT describe as a necessary characteristic of a new leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay concludes with the idea that labor organizations should "harness the discontent of Negroes" in order to obtain "working class emancipation"?
2. What does Garvey hope to achieve from his plan to build an empire in Africa?
3. Which story calls for donations to a defense fund for those accused of participation in recent riots?
4. According to Garvey, what does he feel is the opposite result of the construction of a great African nation?
5. In which essay does Garvey outline the specifics of his plan to establish an empire in Africa?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)